Cote Nord Team Iceman 6 on 3

iceman

Day 5

Let's get this over with. Had a super morning. Dressed and got bags loaded on sled at 8:45 am, ah what's the hurry short day today anyway, plus I am so looking forward to riding 383 with no swaybar, yeah right. Go to start my sled and she is thowing a Code with an engine warning light, it starts but stumbles and wont't idle, saying Code 20, mmmmkay, I look it up and 20 is airbox sensor and or about 4 other things. I'm calling "Ghostbusters". Who ya gonna call? My man Pierre line one. After a 2 minute discussion he says it's the Airbox sensor left side above Clutch. Take it out bring it in hotel hit it with hairdryer. Ok then so it shall be. Bit of a chore to get my side panel off as it's frozen on there from all the busting trail. One connector and a Phillips screw and she is out and in my hand. Gave here a blast with the hairdryer. Put it back in. And hey voila, now we are cooking with gas. She is back to full glory, minus her broken swaybar.

Out the hotel nice and groomed on 83 and firm. Nice run all the way to La Baie and beyond. A short stretch after turn for St Felix not groomed as nice with drifts but not long at all. Down and left on a groomed 383. The big faster trail no big deal with no sway bar, however the smaller twisty lower speed is not easy and no fun. i'm working to keep her right and upright in them turns, this sucks. After Petite Saguenay is still all groomed but very soft, hmmm I'm thinking groomer is ahead of me or headed back up from TQ3. I am riding 75% with my issue and over and down here comes the tour group with the red sacks. I do like those dry bags they have as it very easy to see and it screams "most of us are dangerous, watch it" turns out the most dangerous is the guide, he's giving me the move over sign or trying to signal something(meanwhile I'm in the sticks already cause I am hard right) and he swerves with his one hand on the bars and is headed right for me. Ice is not happy. Frigging assh***, keep your friggin two hand on your bars. Cause you obviously are not skilled enough to signal and ride. Close call and I was just an innocent bystander.

Down into Petite Saguenay for gas as Playhard is a thirsty one. Regroup and take 5.

More to come.....

Day 5 Continued....

After Petite Saguenay trail is groomed but recent cause it's way soft, I'm looking for that dozer. He was pretty far down but I found him headed back up and I move over as much as I dare knowing how deep it is just of the packed trail. He is hauling ass. He backs it down and he is trying to work around me. I gave him a beautiful place to get around and I am completely stopped letting him do his thing. Well what a bad move that was. He is trying to squeeze past, I mean come on man. If you need me to wheel that thing I'll do it. He's making me nervous with every inch he is getting closer to me with the drag. Sure as hell he hits my ski and just keeps on going sliding on by bouncing off my Spindle too. Christ man, first day or what? No harm but still un-necessary for sure. Onward to TQ 3 and it's not as great as 383 but just a short run so it is what it is. Work our way to just before ferry in the tight stuff there and yup here comes 2 hair on fire in the tightest part of the trail. It's a wonder they can remember to breathe they just don't get it. Smallest part of entire TQ3 and balls out using entire trail. Yeah ok. I stand my ground and give them the "ok you want the middle, fine well so do I" and shift toward him. I hate to be a bully but sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do. He got the point right quick. That this will end badly.

Down to our boat ride and up off the ferry, here we go again we are 6 strong and nearing the end of the single track there along the traffic up from boat. Here comes another rocket scientist he arrives at the single track and pulls right in to come down. I'm not even 30 yard from the end and he is coming down. The other two in his group saw us and stopped before coming down. How he did not is beyond me. Well now we got a mexican standoff. Iceman and team are not backing all the way for this jackoff. He quickly realizes he is a tool, and made a boo boo. Back he goes painfully slow. Finally out and thru the parking there to the next tight single lane up the hill there. I get to the bottom just start to go and here comes a gang of 4 nuts to buts over the hill. One stops and the other three nearly punt him down the hill but all get stopped. I back up an move over. In all my times thru there never passed anyone in these two places today at both.

Rest of way to Trucks TQ3 is pretty nice and after landing digging out trucks we are changed and headed down the road.

Great week with an outstanding team NH Moose is an all star and a big welcome to his and now our new friend Mark. Playhard and mister Viner(nuff said) solid and solid. Love these guys.

My man snohorse has got my 6 as always and we are an unstoppable force.

Quite the dream team that overcame imorovised and went with the flow.

900 miles this run, in some difficult (putting it lightly) and at times blinding conditions.

Ice out.

Iceman we saw you at Chapelle we were in for a bite to eat and a thaw.

We were on 3 Freerides and a Summit was going to introduce myself but you guys left before I got the chance. Stayed at Vince's (Passion)for the week.

Yes sir, ah you should have come on over. Vince and Lise are two great folks.

Iceman did you ride the local trail from Mont Sainte Anne to 369 earlier today? Can't be that many Yamaha's with golden shocks out there.

No, was not me. i was thru Quebec City early today on thr black Trail 40 back to Trois Riveres. My sled is melting off now getting a rest until next week.

You guys are quick on your feet. That was some regroup and turn around.

I think its super how you guys attacked that trip. Mother nature can be unpredictable for sure. Thankfully we have not hit snow conditions like that yet.

Thanks for the terrific read.

Jim & Gemma

Man, what a great report! thanks for sharing your adventures.

I'm glad too I had not encounter such conditions, but we were near because friday evening the 26 before our departure the forecast was calling for 40cm up north on the #83 path and I had trash my abitibi plans and shift them to Lac st-Jean and we had planned to be in escoumins by Monday night 29...fortunately the forecast had change again by Saturday and i had convinced Snowcruiser to get back on the initial path on reverse direction which have been a very good move for us.

You made outstanding pics from the hard storm day but I know it is no fun when it goes to this point to be on the trails especially so far from home!

Thanks again to having bring us with you guys with this report.