Don't Chase the Moose

iceman

Hat's off to the Moron's near Baie St. Paul for chasing 2 moose down the trail until they were exhausted and overheated and both died. I mean just stupid. Pisses me off. If I had seen this going on it would not be the moose laying trailside.

post-211-0-54540800-1457065901_thumb.jpeg

What a bunch of idiots!! They are lucky the moose didn't stop and start kicking the shit out of them and their sleds.

Funny story(now), About 15 year's ago heading back to Bernard's Safari after a saddlebag ride.

About 20 minutes before we got there, I was cruising along about 50-60 and a MASSIVE moose jumped out on the trail in front of me. All I could do was slam on the brakes to avoid hithing him, slid sideways and stopped about 10 feet from him. I was stuck sideways in the trail and thought this is it, he's gonna stomp me! We just stared at each other for about 5 seconds which seemed like forever, he slowly turned his head and walked away!! All I could think was WOW, I'm lucky. When the trail is narrow with trees on both sides I go slower for sure. You never know what could jump out onto the trail.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I'm a Baie-Saint-Paul locals, and everyone is talking SHIT.

I talked to the local conservation officers, and they are not sure if it's really a sled chase. They have several reasons to think these animals were sick before hand.

It's just that it's a nice local bullshit talk to talk against snowmobiler. Provincial trail #3 has over 200km of prime moose habitat. It's acutally Quebec's most prestigious and exclusive hunting grounds due to the ridiculous amouts of Moose over here.

Finally: have you ever met a Moose blocking your way? With nothing behind you for 1-2 hours? And your hotel on the other side of the moose? At 5-6 pm? That won't move a sec because they have a bad temper? And you wait there 30 minutes and he still blocks the way? And you don't have enough fuel to cover the 80 miles behind you? And then you back off, disapear for 15 minutes, come back, and it's STILL there?

Welcome to Baie-Saint-Paul and the wild, game loaded Pronvicial #3. Happens to us all the time.

My 2 cents

Edited by Pbenoit