One less Surfacer

iceman

My buddies just texted me this before I logged on. They came across it today. I told them they better not go back that way, might not be too smooth.

Bet that operator had a few choice words leaping from the flaming machine!

That will be fun to get our of there for sure... heavy charred mess, can't tow it, drag it or lift it, probably have to skid it on to a trailer of some sort? Or make it a landmark!

woooww...i wish i could know what was the problem ?????

very toasted !!!

jean-guy

They said it was electrical fire that started it.

They said it was electrical fire that started it.

not surprised at all....im no farm tractor guru.....sur-trac and gilbert....but i always found that the electrical system.....electric wires are very tiny...add extra lights...strob...gps...etc.....one little problem with electrical system can bring your groomer to....kaputtt !!!

jean-guy

Don't the groomers carry fire extinguishers ? We have them mounted on our most flammable type of equipment . ( hay balers ,wrapper and such)

Edited by snowfarmer

That's what I was saying, can't believe that there wasn't a fire extinguisher. I'm sure that if they hit it when it was just starting, and kill the motor, they should be able to put it out before it got that bad. Unless it was the end of the season and it was time for a new one!! Hmmmm.....

It always amazes me how things burst into flames at the end of the season

That's what I was saying, can't believe that there wasn't a fire extinguisher. I'm sure that if they hit it when it was just starting, and kill the motor, they should be able to put it out before it got that bad. Unless it was the end of the season and it was time for a new one!! Hmmmm.....

I have in my time seen many pieces of equipment catch fire. It is impossible to tell from the keyboard what may have happened and if or if not an extinguisher was used. I have seen machines that once they start and have fuel or oil pumping on the fire that a 10lb extinguisher would not slow the fire. I have also heard of fires that start on a troublesome, well insured machines sometimes don't get sprayed till after the fire is out of control.

I have in my time seen many pieces of equipment catch fire. It is impossible to tell from the keyboard what may have happened and if or if not an extinguisher was used. I have seen machines that once they start and have fuel or oil pumping on the fire that a 10lb extinguisher would not slow the fire. I have also heard of fires that start on a troublesome, well insured machines sometimes don't get sprayed till after the fire is out of control.

Yes that last line does seem like it could be option for sure.