THE BORDER- Season Ender

Jackstraw

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol Yes those video phones!! "please place your passport on the square under the phone please" lol Yes we have been going to the poker run for at least the past 10 years now. Maybe you have seen us go by. My previous boat was the 38 Topgun (Trigger Happy) and my current boat is the 388 Hustler (Shot in the Dark). If you see me this year flag me down!

I am in the Thousand Islands a lot during the summer. Also a spectator for the Poker Run for the last 5 years. Definitely in if there ever is a Quebecrider Water Gathering.

I have a wake boat, I'll take some of you old farts tubing and surfing behind my boat. Lol

post-402-0-86408500-1457704145_thumb.png

Agreed but everyone in car / truck must have nexus. Guarantee you will not be turned away.

To use Nexus lane yes, but you can still use it at the regular lanes if you have someone without it with, and with nexus you speed up tge process. From what I've seen even one person with the Nexus seems to relax them quite a bit at the border.

Work visa is much better. Trust me on this. Lol

From what I recall, nothing can be in tow while using the nexus lane.

Which is better: tsa precheck or nexus?

Permanent Resident Card much better than your work visa. Trust me on this. lol. Blackjack.

Yes I was not saying actually use the Nexus lane but just having that card and using a regular lane makes things easier.

The way to do it if you ride only here in QC is bring the trailer once. Find it a happy place. Then have Nexus and cross with ease.

You win! Lol.

Ended up working and riding on a sled trip last year. Border agent had this puzzled look when I answered both to his question about work or holiday.

Just need more projects up there to make it worthwhile.

Great idea on the trailer, would save a bunch on towing back and forth.

I am in the Thousand Islands a lot during the summer. Also a spectator for the Poker Run for the last 5 years. Definitely in if there ever is a Quebecrider Water Gathering.

I have a wake boat, I'll take some of you old farts tubing and surfing behind my boat. Lol

image.png

I used to water ski and even bare foot in my younger days but now being an old fart has it 's advantages, I get to guard the beer cooler. Grin.

• 4 weeks later...

lol Yes those video phones!! "please place your passport on the square under the phone please" lol Yes we have been going to the poker run for at least the past 10 years now. Maybe you have seen us go by. My previous boat was the 38 Topgun (Trigger Happy) and my current boat is the 388 Hustler (Shot in the Dark). If you see me this year flag me down!

Trigger, Im always in the 1000 islands for Pirates Weekend in Abay and Kingston PRA in August. Blasting around in this Donzi Classic. Im always tied up at the town docks in Abay. Lets all hook up

post-318-0-79673100-1459954790_thumb.jpg

post-318-0-14048800-1459954825_thumb.jpg

I cross the border 5 times each winter to snowmobile in Quebec. The border does not want you to leave your sleds in Canada,

I found that by stopping at the border you can go into the office and they have a form that they fill out with your name, address, sled vin # etc. They say that if anyone asks you where your sled is just show them your paperwork. Always carry the form with you when snowmobiling. At the end of the year when returning, stop at the office before leaving and show them your paperwork. your good to go. I believe what they are trying to prevent is U.S. guys selling sleds in Canada. the paperwork gives a time when you need to have your sleds out of Canada. They made mine this year for before May 1st.

I hope this helps out. Combat

Trigger take me to momo. Then we will have a real party.

You got it. I will be heading to the 1000 Islands a few times this year. It should be fun. We have a bunch of fun on our lake as well which you will have to experience.

post-1787-0-32418400-1459976007_thumb.jpg

post-1787-0-94211500-1459976083_thumb.jpg

post-1787-0-39406700-1459976179_thumb.jpg

Trigger, Im always in the 1000 islands for Pirates Weekend in Abay and Kingston PRA in August. Blasting around in this Donzi Classic. Im always tied up at the town docks in Abay. Lets all hook up

We will be there again this year. We should try and meet up. Here are a few pics from Kingston.

post-1787-0-90070700-1459992584_thumb.jpeg

post-1787-0-29379400-1459992744_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Triggerhappy