Season is pretty much over here

Cnc

Last weekend March 5-6 we experienced probably the best conditions of the season, plenty of snow and fine weather in the mid 20's.

it all went down hill from there with mild weather and rain during the week. By Thurs afternoon the 10th of March many lakes were a sea of slush.

We had hoped to get early morning Friday and Sat rides in before the trails softened for the day.

It was not to be. I checked my lake and it had about 15 in of slush on it and I had no desire to try and run the 3 miles down it to access soft snow on un-groomed trails. The local clubs were saying trails were passable but streams that cross the trails were beginning to open up and it was too warm to groom. Both clubs in my area were pulling the plug today and removing pickets on the lakes. Coupled with the late start, one of the shortest seasons I have seen around here in years.

That sucks big time

I was 4 wheeling in the first snowstorm on Dec.29 in Duhamel up to La Minerve visiting a friend, usually I'm riding groomed trails out of the cottage by then.

What a strange year......lets hope next year will be much better.

We ate lunch in Duhamel last Sat, it was a on the trail decision to head that way,I'm guessing you were not around then JG.

It was a busy weekend, I saw more sleds on the trails that weekend that most of the season.

Edited by Cnc