Gaspe March 13-18, 2016

scorpionbowl

hhahha...don t believe gary !!! it was nt me !!! good one !!!

finally , i did nt go to amqui....worked on the groomer.....started great ...then lost my patience !!!

there was 2 guys from beauce area at gas station around 11 30 am...coming from cross point ...they said trails were nice but icy a bit ...

fresh snow in the afternoon...1 inch or 2 !!!

jean-guy

I've never heard of or seen a bearded hot dog up there but have heard rumors of a bearded clam, but I think that's just

local folklore like the Yeti,Sasquatch,and Loch Ness monster. The towns where there is a reported sighting

the description is always a little different and there are never pictures to back it up.Some even claim to have

been attacked by it and robbed of their money, but they never have any visible scars. And the places they claim

the attacks to have taken place..??...highly unlikely ,I mean come on,in the middle of watching a ballet ,or

even a better one, right in the middle of a sermon and the priest did nothing to stop it???

Edited by NSHM

Day 5.5. Amqui to RDL, 228 miles, LT, 5, 526. Partly cloudy -4c, up to 4" of new snow. What a day to end the season, absolutely perfect weather, and perfect trails. Every inch of trail was freshly groomed and at every intersection each trail we didn't take was perfectly groomed. Even at a lunch stop, after lunch, the feeder trail was regroomed. I have no idea where he came from. Oddly enough, all week we never saw an active groomer on the trails. Every groomer on the gaspe must have been out last night...except for one, right JGH? As I've always said, Friday's are the best day to ride in Quebec.

We should have seen u RR unless u changed plans. Maybe you were a group of three with a white sled in the middle, past them on tight twisties, or we skipped Mont joli maybe you went that way. Have a great trip, report back when you can, but not likely in Mont St Pierre unless they finally got internet and cell.

I believe and hope the bearded clam is now extinct, but their legend lives on...

post-12-0-42943000-1458337942_thumb.jpeg

post-12-0-29512200-1458337967_thumb.jpeg

post-12-0-96923800-1458337993_thumb.jpeg

Scorp that was probably us, I kept a look out but was not sure what you guys were all riding.

Great conditions from rdl to mt st pierre yesterday. Crusty down below, more powder in the high lands. Great internet now at Motel Delice. Nice dinner last night with the Team Maine gang fresh off their recent Cains quest victory.

Happy Trails. RR

post-197-0-02336400-1458383593_thumb.jpg

post-197-0-63259700-1458383683_thumb.jpg

post-197-0-36487800-1458383713_thumb.jpg

post-197-0-62596900-1458383975_thumb.jpg

Edited by RoadRunner