March Madness Team Iceman

iceman

Friday

On the road.

First off I want to start by thanking my advance team members none other than Scorpionbowl himself and Mr. Marty for doing the pre-run of the loop for us and providing the vital intelligence we desire. Merci Beaucoup.

Make no mistake it is full on winter conditions here in Gaspe. Not so so, not just OK, its fricking super duper. It's on. Gonna be good here for several more weeks unless a serious warm up and big rain were to arrive.

That said Team Iceman is on it. This week we have NH moose, Playhard and myself(duh), and we are very excited to have along on this adventure none other than Quebec's own Trailblazer.

The powerhouse that is Team Iceman is now an unstoppable force with the welcome addition of JG. It's been long overdue for him and I to get a ride together and we are all very happy to have him with us.

Friday afternoon myself, NHmoose and Playhard converged on Moto Thibault in Cap de Madeline. We hitched up the toy box loaded up Moose's sled and hit the black trail to RDL.

Smooth sailing to our starting point and we got settled in and not 15 minutes later Trailblazer was on location as well. Got checked in and then I realized i had made a blunder and forgot my Tank Bag in my car back in Cap. Oh well no big deal but really pissed me off to make a mistake like that. No GPS(not important) no camera(again no biggie) BUT my entire supply of stickers for this run were in there,(that sucks bad) had a bunch to Give to Scorpionbowl for his re-supply but oh well life goes on.

We gathered up in Scorpionbowls room got a briefing on exactly what and where and enjoyed some cocktails and got to catch up on all things. We talked a long time. So long that the restaurant closed. Oh well. Playhard called it a night while moose, blazer and I taxied it to La Cage aux sport. Was after midnight when we returned. We called it a night and turned in.

Day 1

Saturday.

After a few hours of sleep we took the breakfast with Scorpionbowl and Marty and then suited up to unload the girls and bag up. We said our goodbyes to Gary and Marty who were running the black trail today to the US of A.

Left RDL on what can only be described as lusciousness. And headed east. TQ5 was delicious and I must say that I was surprised at the amount of trailers at the hotel. We passed some sleds but not too many for a Saturday and trails were really outstanding all the way to our first gas in Rimouski. We take 578 back to TQ5 and continue east light snow and big snowdust from the sleds and wind make it really have the feel of mid Feb. We continue on and decide to gas again in Matane to top off for the run to Mont St. Anne. We take a break at the Relais in St. Adelme. Yeah no sticker for u. Cause I got none, tabernak. Mount up and continue on perfect trail despite the Saturday traffic. We sail on out east and down into St. Anne des Monts to Hotel & Cie. Nice relaxing day of awesome trails with great people. 260 miles but sorry, we did not get to see any parades. Maybe Tmmrw.

Got our gas and locked up the sleds after checking in. You know what that means. That's right it's trail meeting time. We break out the snacks and the Jack and talk all about it. Then down to the resto here for an awesome dinner of Steak and Frites. Damn good. Iceman is sleepy now and he is not the only one. Tmmrw we take aim at Perce and a stay at Table Roland.

Until next time.

No internet all last night and this morning, thanks to Playhard for throwing me the hotspot from his phone for this post.

My "Tee"

Back Reads

Gaspie, March

300+

Pulled Pork Burger (med) La Cage

Washed down with Double Jack

Beer with Groomer

Where do I get an application

Your Killing me :drinks:

:acute:

post-318-0-19695700-1458476861.gif

Edited by momojohnny

Hi groomer Bacon pizza with you wed. Night? Will you be around?

hi playhard !!!

hahhahha...if no bad lucks....should be no problems...

getting ready to go grooming around 3 30 pm

see you soon !!!

aurevoir !!!

jean-guy :drinks:

Enjoy your loop around the Gaspesie guys, it is certainly my playground. Should you stop in Perce and go to the top of the hill for pics, watch for a trail on the right hand side that say Grotto. There is a pretty cool waterfall in there that you can most years walk right in behind the frozen water. A hidden gem of the Gaspesie.

Day 2

Sunday.

A beautiful blue sky day on the Gaspe. Left St. Anne des Monts and today we were riding all day in the missing man formation in honor of our missing member Snohors. We miss you man.

TQ5 not many other choices. And direction East. Trail is beautiful weather is great. We set off with intentions to hit every lookout around Mount St. Pierre, which for me will be a first time experience. It's fun to play tourist I must say. Having a very stress free ride and enjoying the laid back we get there when we get there vibe of this group. I like it.

Smooth run to Mount St. Pierre. We take in the sights and take lots of pics. (Well not me as my camera is in Shawinigan in my damn tank bag). We jerk around there quite a while hitting all the lookouts. Then off on, you guessed it TQ5 in search of gas and will be Grand Valee. Off we go, in the valleys is pretty icy and not as nice as in the hills but is to be expected. Not much traffic so far maybe 6-8 sleds. Trails are very nice and though this section of trails shows last groom on March 9 it has held up well as very hard and frozen.

Into Grand Valee with 125 miles on my Apex and took 32 liters. Nice.

We decided to have lunch at the Hotel there and so we shall. After cheeseburgers and some soup. We ride on.

Back to TQ5 and east toward Gaspe. Another first for Trailblazer as he has never run 5 all the way around to Gaspe. Now he has. Check.

Conditions still very nice with hard trails some traffic but all well behaved, with the exception of the giant group stopped before Gaspe, surely all locals but they were parked like they were dropped from the sky. All over the place. After one guy moved we could thread our way through. Not easily but we are out of there.

On down and just before Gaspe we top the gas knowing there will be none in Perce for us tonight.

Easy run to the Trail to Perce and in we go to get JG to the Rock in the daylight we had left.

So it was. We take the usual pictures on the way down to Auberge Table Roland and the guys take JG to the Pier and the ride right out on it to get a few more Pics.

Great day, great trails, great team, so far awesome weather. Some snow for tmmrw(today) but nothing crazy.

Nice awesome stay at Roland and watched the sun come up next to Perce Rock. Oh how I long for my Island.

260 miles for Day 2 still no parades in sight.

A few from day 2

post-488-0-25296400-1458560466_thumb.jpg

post-488-0-87298800-1458560510_thumb.jpg

post-488-0-89403000-1458560542_thumb.jpg

post-488-0-00021200-1458560636_thumb.jpg

post-488-0-36562400-1458560663_thumb.jpg

post-488-0-02692600-1458560729_thumb.jpg

post-488-0-70471000-1458560795_thumb.jpg

Finally got to see the rock, been in the Gaspe 6 times and 2 of those to the rock but was in blizzard conditions, only got to see a shadow in the distance. One more off the bucket list.

post-488-0-60239600-1458560873_thumb.jpg

Day 3

Monday

Up early and watched the sun breaking thru next to the rock. So nice.

Loaded up and headed out. Back out of Perce and out to TQ5 west. Beautiful conditions, temperature just right and we roll. Destination gas at Grand Rivere. Super trail all the way we see no one first leg, private trails. Love it. Gas and go back to 5 and direction 597. Arrive at the 597 and blastoff. I'm chasing Trailblazer and we are hauling. Trail is sweet as they all have been.

Spectacular run to Murdochville and we grab the gas. We passed 4 sleds on 597 headed south. At the gas in Murdoch we see 5 more. 3 get out in front of us headed out of Murdoch but I quickly catch them and dispose of that nonsense. I'm free and running the Orange to La Cache, gonna give this one trail of the trip so far. 15km from La Cache a group of off trail are playing and got a cluster going on. As I approch one guy comes up from the right and jumps up back onto the trail right in front of me. I had backed her down or it would have been messy.

It starts snowing a bit now. Nothing crazy. So into La Cache and we take gas and have a soup. We meet 2 nice folks from New Hampshire, hello to Diane and Bob, if you are reading. Nice to talk with you guys. Out of La Cache and down the 595 to New Richmond.

20 Km out of La Cache is some logging there is a trail along the side for most of the 20km of plowed road but not all. Just FYI.

Snow is picking up but no big blizzard. Beautiful run down to TQ5 and we go west and it is super duper. We roll west in moderate snow and cruise into Carlton sur Mer at Baie Blue.

Private trails for the most part and we love it. Another great day with the Team.

275 miles today.

Tommorow we head for Groomerland.

REDONKULOUS up here! Full winter conditions. All 3 days so far all groomed hard n flat with plenty of cream cheese on top and a few inches of fresh falling right now.

So yes MXZ7000, for sure it WILL be good (at least on the interiors) 2 weeks from now!

post-181-0-29878500-1458605778_thumb.jpg

post-181-0-93641900-1458605832_thumb.jpg