March Madness Team Iceman

iceman

REDONKULOUS up here! Full winter conditions. All 3 days so far all groomed hard n flat with plenty of cream cheese on top and a few inches of fresh falling right now. So yes MXZ7000, for sure it WILL be good (at least on the interiors) 2 weeks from now!

I wanted to ask but was afraid... "for sure it WILL be good (at least on the interiors) 2 weeks from now" :drinks:

Murdochville school bus. Kids can't get a break. But they can ski back home!

hhahaa....i remember back in the late 70's or early 80's ...3 days in a row without going to school...big storm !!!

jean-guy

Meeting of the minds, ha ha ha Mr. Moose we all know how pictures can work out, good shot totally off guard.lol.

It has been some time since I was on the 597, heard lots of racetrack stories but just can't seem to remember. Blast off indeed it was Ice but wait there some very scenic ridge riding. Pulled over to take some pics and Mr. Iceman was having none of that, off he goes.

Okay now it's catch up time, wiggle my way very gingerly through the passes then 3 dozers wide hard flat and straight as far your eye can see and I can see Mr. Ices sled in the distance, okay this is not going to be hard........biggest understatement ever. Had the 1200 tapped oh baby sing me that tune......heh but wait this one doesn't sing to me she's a grunter. May as it be huff'n puff'n and all the grunt'n this one is not catching that Apex, just got a reminder of how fast Those Apexes are and combined with the Iceman........forget it.....see you at the end of the trail buddy.

I'm sure we stretched our tracks a little on this leg.

The rest of the day Iceman's got it covered just wanted to plug in my 597 experience.

Back in December I read that this el Nino season was going to have a slow start with low snow and then early spring would have the storms coming up the east coast. Apparently they were right this time.

Keep on sledding. It looks like the conditions are really good especially interior trails.

Jack & Sandi

Day 4

Tuesday

Breakfast at Baie Bleue, just as great as the dinner. Awesome stop there. Met two new friends from Mass. Louis and Frank. Lou is a commercial fisherman from west of Boston aboard his 102' fishing vessel the Sharon K. He is a scallop fisherman. Very intersting to talk to these experienced Quebec Riders with more than 20yrs of just riding in QC. Nice guys.

Snow ended last night 3-4" or so but today wicked wind.

Load up and we go. Today is a play day as we only got a short hop to see our buddy Groomer tonight.

TQ5 west and a few drifted places but childs play compare to our Cote Nord adventure last time out. Wind is howling but we are burning gas having fun, it's good to be us. Blue sky breaks out and it's even better. Trails are super in the woods no drifts here and we rock it. Run 5 all the way to the Local Orange at the clubhouse that cuts the corner back to TQ5 and bypasses Point a la Croix.

Here I must say that it's a much nicer run when it's actually open. As last time through here in 2014 trail was closed and we went anyway. Yeah snow was crazy deep and what seemed like 2 hrs then took less than 30 minutes today. More like 20.

Sweetness.

At 5 we go left and run on down to 587. Some big drifting here on the way to 587. Woo baby.

Right onto the beautiful 587 and its nice, real nice. Up to Matapedia and take the gas. We continue up and up here the trail is now along the road. Not on it. Seems they were logging here earlier this season and the trail is diferrent a bit. There is still quite the indy track section in the middle for a bit. Very enjoyable.

We run on up and stop at the clubhouse in Albertville. Have a snack and decide what next.

NHmoose needs a bolt for his swaybar so we make for Amqui and get his bolt. Faster to install it then for them to get it from the back. Moose does the minor pitcrew work. Now we are off back on the 5 backtrack and on to Causapscal to get settled in.

Touchdown 5pm

220 miles

Just hanging out now with Groomer, had our Bacon Pizza and some other goodies and now we are spending some time catching up. Jean-Guy to my left (trailblazer) and Jean-guy to my right (Groomer) I'm surrounded by Jean-Guy's.

Vino(grape juice) for the Jean Guy duo and Playhard. Me I stick to the Jack.

Tmmrw we plot an adventure.

Day 4

Tuesday

Breakfast at Baie Bleue, just as great as the dinner. Awesome stop there. Met two new friends from Mass. Louis and Frank. Lou is a commercial fisherman from west of Boston aboard his 102' fishing vessel the Sharon K. He is a scallop fisherman. Very intersting to talk to these experienced Quebec Riders with more than 20yrs of just riding in QC. Nice guys.

Snow ended last night 3-4" or so but today wicked wind.

Load up and we go. Today is a play day as we only got a short hop to see our buddy Groomer tonight.

TQ5 west and a few drifted places but childs play compare to our Cote Nord adventure last time out. Wind is howling but we are burning gas having fun, it's good to be us. Blue sky breaks out and it's even better. Trails are super in the woods no drifts here and we rock it. Run 5 all the way to the Local Orange at the clubhouse that cuts the corner back to TQ5 and bypasses Point a la Croix.

Here I must say that it's a much nicer run when it's actually open. As last time through here in 2014 trail was closed and we went anyway. Yeah snow was crazy deep and what seemed like 2 hrs then took less than 30 minutes today. More like 20.

Sweetness.

At 5 we go left and run on down to 587. Some big drifting here on the way to 587. Woo baby.

Right onto the beautiful 587 and its nice, real nice. Up to Matapedia and take the gas. We continue up and up here the trail is now along the road. Not on it. Seems they were logging here earlier this season and the trail is diferrent a bit. There is still quite the indy track section in the middle for a bit. Very enjoyable.

We run on up and stop at the clubhouse in Albertville. Have a snack and decide what next.

NHmoose needs a bolt for his swaybar so we make for Amqui and get his bolt. Faster to install it then for them to get it from the back. Moose does the minor pitcrew work. Now we are off back on the 5 backtrack and on to Causapscal to get settled in.

Touchdown 5pm

220 miles

Just hanging out now with Groomer, had our Bacon Pizza and some other goodies and now we are spending some time catching up. Jean-Guy to my left (trailblazer) and Jean-guy to my right (Groomer) I'm surrounded by Jean-Guy's.

Vino(grape juice) for the Jean Guy duo and Playhard. Me I stick to the Jack.

Tmmrw we plot an adventure.

Phil wrote me today saying you were thinking of the off trail to Moose Valley.

Andy

post-14-0-76223700-1458692428_thumb.jpg

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy grooming schedule JG to share an evening with all of us, It was nice to have shared some rouge and exchange the stories with you. What an evening.

P.S. Groomers trails were the best we saw in the Gaspe. Tip of the hat mon homme.

Gonna spice things up little today.

Heading out that way today Andy, we got some intel from JG and RR last night and today I will be asking questions at the gas station in Humquoi too. Anything you got to add will be helpful as well thankful.

Stay tuned

post-488-0-95480100-1458728760_thumb.jpg

post-488-0-21821900-1458728780_thumb.jpg

Edited by Trailblazer

Take the orange trail to Lac Humqui and you need to get to the 30 mile road[orange circle] that is sw of the Lac. if you are still at the hotel I will post some more screen shots JG.

post-14-0-17357200-1458728948_thumb.jpg

Turn 90 right.

Turn 90 right.

Plowing stopped at the first turn just south of Lac Humqui. If it is plowed from that point turn and go back!

The small dog leg 8 miles west of this stream 10 was just to look at an old airport. There is an automated weather station there. Airport was for spruce budworm control.

90 left. You will see signs along the way for Moose valley for VTT as well.

90 left. You will see signs along the way for Moose valley for VTT as well.

post-14-0-65451700-1458729333_thumb.jpg

post-14-0-36962200-1458729633_thumb.jpg