March Madness Team Iceman

iceman

Just go to those waypoints and you will have it! I will be here for about an hour then heading to Bathurst! Snowing pretty good here! say Hi to the guys for me and have a super day riding. Do you have the coord for Moose valley?

Andy

N47° 42' 37.8" W68° 04' 22.2"

Trail blazer, you can follow this trail easily today, its all tracked and signed where appropriate, no problem for you guys Enjoy

Andy man, the turn to Kedgewick at the Kedgewick river, was any of that plowed last year, did it tie into the 17 trail down near kedgewick?

Trail blazer, you can follow this trail easily today, its all tracked and signed where appropriate, no problem for you guys Enjoy

Andy man, the turn to Kedgewick at the Kedgewick river, was any of that plowed last year, did it tie into the 17 trail down near kedgewick?

The 17 has changed this year. It leaves MV and goes to the last waypoint I gave JG then turns 90 right and stays north of the river for quite a ways and then hooks into the old trail. This year we didn't run into any plowed areas.

Andy

The 17 has changed this year. It leaves MV and goes to the last waypoint I gave JG then turns 90 right and stays north of the river for quite a ways and then hooks into the old trail. This year we didn't run into any plowed areas.

Andy

I noticed the new, improved trail out of moose yesterday as we rode it for a section. It appears that halfway down the hum qui trail as you cross a river, kedgewick?? That you can bang a left and go to kedgewick and not moosevalley, not groomed but it must tie into the new 17 trail somewhere, we might check tgat out today. Thank you for the feedback. RR

Good fortune today, met Iceman trailblazer, NH Moose and Playhard rolling on the Hum Qui trail than again right at the intersection with 17. Got a great chance to connect and share stories. Enjoy the rest of your ride and great connecting. Best regards RR

Edited by RoadRunner

hi jg...nh moose ...playhard and iceman !!!

great meeting you all again !!! glad you enjoyed the trails !!!

almost jealous...awesome weather for you guys !!!

on the pic....albertville is right behind the fields in the middle of pic !!!

jean-guy

Made it through to Moose Valley easy peasy, took gas at Lac Humquoi got local info to find the trail, ride up the road behind the church, trail crosses the road on top of the hill. Left MV right St.Irine.

Got to meet RR and his crew, on the trail and at MV, great bunch of guys. Thanks so much for help to punch through.

Andy you're spot on with your tracks

Took gas and lunch in Biencourt 127 miles 30.9 litres, trails are hard as a rock.

post-488-0-68513700-1458757997_thumb.jpg

post-488-0-18528100-1458758096_thumb.jpg

Drive through gas at Moose Valley

post-488-0-74707800-1458758049_thumb.jpg

Day 5

Wed.

Left Causapscal on perfect trail of course. Tq5 the west and we grab the 587 then the Local to Lac Humqui. Gas in Humqui and we commence the mission for real. Exciting to ride where you never been. And certainly NB is that for 3 of us. Trailblazer covered the ride to the Moose Valley trail perfectly. After the connector trail we end up on NB 135 i think then to moose valley lodge then to 17 I think from there back up into QC to Biencourt. All super nice hard frozen trails but perfect. Gas/lunch in Biencourt and then off toward Degelis on 35 then to 571? All just super. Down to Degilis and onto the 85 back into NB. We run on down and into Edmunston. All good till in town is not easy melty bad here and close to being a no go. Outside of town whole new game. But Trailblazer has family here and he is taking the opportunity to visit so no problems glad he got us here.

Thanks to Trailblazer for introducing us to NB and for sure I will return(with stickers)

The shared trails near Edmunston here are dicey. Almost made a new friend, well almost pasted by a side by side. Lovely.

Great to meet RR finally and get to put face to name. Was funny he passes me going opposite way and is waving over his head like crazy. I'm thinking "wow they really have some strange hand signals here in NB" and keep rolling. This train is hard to stop. Only NH moose realized he was trying to get his attention so he stopped. Anyway was funny afterwards. Been a great trip but like all of them they must come to an end and it may be tmmrw with the weather coming we need to get outs while we can from RDL safely with the trailer. We shall see.

240 miles today.

"They" (whoever "they") are, say that the 5 stages of separation are: Anger, Denial, Bargaining, Depression, and Acceptance. But we're big boys, so we beelined from Denial to Acceptance. So we'll beline from sunny Edmundston to Riviere du Loop, to get on the road before the main roads close. It's not a profit until you take it off the table. And we're taking a TON. What a great way to start the off-seasons!

post-181-0-83440200-1458820261_thumb.jpg

Edited by PLAYHARD

Day 6

Thurs

The End.

Quick run from Edmunston to RDL, 85 all the way to trail to Hotel. Ridonkulously great conditions.

90 miles all done.

Loaded up got changed and we hit the Black trail for the trailer drop in Trois Riveres. Clean and green. All good.

Trailblazer drafted with us to there and we got rid of the four place and got NHMoose loaded for the run home.

Had a great lunch together at Les Ailes Buffalo near the best Yamaha dealer in QC and then it was time to bid farewell for now to the Team.

Awesome to get a run with Trailblazer and I am certain we will do many more. As always goes unsaid Playhard is always a joy to spend any time I can with on and off the trail. NHmoose, just as much and man that man is a smart cookie. Everyone on the team compliments the others abilities and then some.

A true pleasure to end this season with you guys. Will be counting the days till we ride again.

Will see you all in the off season for sure.

Until next time.

BTW

As we were playing musical sleds unloading trailer in Trois Riveres the snow began.

Sitting here now watching it neige en masse.

1333 miles this run.

The decision to abandon ship early was indeed that...a good one as the forecasted storm was starting from MTL and heading up river intensifying further north as it travels.

All went well for the fiirst leg then the ride home from Trois Rivieres after lunch certainly was an adventurous one.

First out of control sighting was on the on ramp from the Joliette hwg, F150 barreling down the on ramp and started to go sideways, lucky for him he recovered, thought for sure he was a goner. Then it was my turn....driving out of a wooded area into a field crossing and the cross wind blew my trailer into a fish tail, i recovered phew!

Then saw a couple accidents before and on the island of MTL then in the west Island of MTL a guy does a 360 in front of me OMG i thought for sure i was going to crash into him, lucky for me and unfortunate for him he hit the medium wall, OUCH!!!!

post-488-0-60895000-1458871048_thumb.jpg

post-488-0-20527600-1458871143_thumb.jpg

Caught up with the snowplows just past the Joliette exit

post-488-0-45217400-1458871212_thumb.jpg

Milage for the journey on the Enduro and the Garmin....you be the judge.

post-488-0-44374500-1458871294_thumb.jpg

A real great bunch of guys to ride with, everyone had their expertise and together we were an unstoppable force, now that the practice run is over the real deal awaits......

Now tis the season to explore....on atv!

just for fun .....without hijacking your thread....after looking at the pics....decided to take a look back at google earth to see if i could find the ''23 miles '' on the patepedia river!!!

finally found it ....have nt been there since 92 !!! i had spent 2 weeks at the bridge just north of the 23 to cut trees in the mountain for a new road connecting with new bridge...

zec du bas st laurent is west of the bridge and using that bridge you can go to l ascension ...st alexis area off the trail !!!

dad spent a few summers at the end of career as a guide for salmon anglers at the 23 ....but spent 25 + at the '' 20 '' a bit lower ..private camp....super nice !!!..

jean-guy