new trail

trail roamer

heard there may be a new groomed trail from Moose Valley NB to Amqui Quebec for next year,has anybody heard anything on this.

If there is I bet I will look very similar to this track of mine! LOL

Andy

post-14-0-92651500-1458644771_thumb.jpg

We're at groomers club house and gentleman here who is from NB tells us the trail is open.

It's an extension of the Lac Humqui trail, it has only been groomer twice this year and thst was very recently, I guess they just got the go ahead for it.

Maybe try it tomorrow will report on it.

Need some adventure.

Go figure, we did this trail today, 75 miles from Hum Qui to moose valley. Was groomed two weekes ago from point to point. Lots of sled tracks so it is being used some. A little bit hard to find as the groomer that does the fcmq trail, stops at the lake HumQui, but if you go out through a couple of back fields behind the school you can hit a plowed road that connects to the trail to moose valley. Signs are random but appropriate and this is not your normal marked trail with corner signs ect. A great ride and very nice connection to have however. Nice run. Enjoy RR

post-197-0-92862300-1458696310_thumb.jpg

Edited by RoadRunner

No , it is great going the whole way, not perfectly groomed, a slight chop in a few places until you hit the kedgewick trail, than perfect the rest of the way to Moose Valley. The only section of plowed road is from a section over the the pin here on the map, that section is ice covered plowed.

This is a fun run, but for those less inclined than Andyman, ice, and trail blazer, Lee at Moose Valley can arrange a guide to ride over with you. If there was a foot of fresh snow, wind and low visibility, you could easily get mixed up and as any big country, your on your own lol. As this thread started, this would be a great addition to the NB and Quebec trail systems next year.

• 9 months later...

Whaler, Lee at Moose valley can tell you for sure. If nothing has changed in the trail status, than it is marginally signed and groomed maybe once or twice later in the season from each end. 

But lLee or Josee at moose valley would be your best bet

happy New years

RR

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 4:35 PM, Whaler said:

Thanks RR. I have reached out to him but not much response. We will be leaving from Edmunston through Moose Valley. I will try to get more details then. Just doing some homework. 

Happy New Year!

Whaler ,did you make this trip yet ,wondering if was marked was it groomed ?

Hi TR

Yes we did this trip. We left Edmunston through Moose Valley. Signed and groomed to the Quebec boarder. From the boarder not recently groomed and signs are a little sparse. Maybe fine now? I did notice the signage was lacking going towards Newbrunswick. You may want to consider leaving NB?

On 2017-01-23 at 10:26 AM, Whaler said:

Hi TR

Yes we did this trip. We left Edmunston through Moose Valley. Signed and groomed to the Quebec boarder. From the boarder not recently groomed and signs are a little sparse. Maybe fine now? I did notice the signage was lacking going towards Newbrunswick. You may want to consider leaving NB?

Didn't you return to Quebec thru Beincourt?

Would you happen to know if the trail between Moose Valley and Lac Humquoi is open or groomed?

We went through the new trail to St Irene. Trail was groomed on the NB side. The Quebec side was groomed but not for a while. Signage was not bad. We spent the night in Rimouski. Then back through to the 85 trail to Edmunston. Didn't do Biencourt. I do know that trail is groomed and well marked.

Hi TR

5 minutes ago, Whaler said:

We went through the new trail to St Irene. Trail was groomed on the NB side. The Quebec side was groomed but not for a while. Signage was not bad. We spent the night in Rimouski. Then back through to the 85 trail to Edmunston. Didn't do Biencourt. I do know that trail is groomed and well marked.

That's the one Whaler, we did that trail last March, I'm happy to hear their keeping it open, nice little trail to beat around the bridge in Campbelton/PLC or risking the bay crossing.

Tks

I agree. Crossing in Campbelton is alway risky. This is a nice trail and I hope they keep it groomed and add more signs. Hope to do it again next week perhaps.

Cheers

Hi TR