new trail

trail roamer

Just to be clear about the new trail. It is well marked to the Quebec boarder and then a little less from there to St. Irene.

Going in the reverse direction will be more challenging. Signage on the Quebec side is limited until you reach Newbrunswick. We hope to do this trail again next weekend and stay in Amqui for the night. Then go to Biencourt and back to Moose Valley. This trail is groomed and well signed as of last year and assuming it is in the same shape this year (both directions). Newbrunswick took a beating with the mild weather and rain and freezing rain this past week. Lots of trees down and lost some snow pack.

We look forward to another great weekend in Quebec! See you on the trail!

Planning on doing this trail next week. Anyone have any more details about this trail please?

Is it signed? Groomed? Perhaps JG knows something about this trail?

Thanks all.

• 2 months later...
On 1/26/2017 at 8:43 PM, Phil 1 said:

That little bridge just before St Irene was an eye opener...

And the little OMG bridge has been replaced by one that a groomer can pass. Both directions have been turned into a proper trail. Have designs on visiting more of NB. 

18 hours ago, GT Rider said:

Doonali,

Where did you take the photo? Mine was at Ste Irene by the gas station.

Thanks

I was running tail, I'm not certain. I know we left Amqui and rode west then south. Phil1 could give coordance.

On 1/27/2017 at 2:21 PM, Whaler said:

Just to be clear about the new trail. It is well marked to the Quebec boarder and then a little less from there to St. Irene.

Going in the reverse direction will be more challenging. Signage on the Quebec side is limited until you reach Newbrunswick. We hope to do this trail again next weekend and stay in Amqui for the night. Then go to Biencourt and back to Moose Valley. This trail is groomed and well signed as of last year and assuming it is in the same shape this year (both directions). Newbrunswick took a beating with the mild weather and rain and freezing rain this past week. Lots of trees down and lost some snow pack.

We look forward to another great weekend in Quebec! See you on the trail!

Planning on doing this trail next week. Anyone have any more details about this trail please?

Is it signed? Groomed? Perhaps JG knows something about this trail?

Thanks all.

hi whaler !!!

the only thing i can tell you ...posted here not too long ago...trail should be groomed every thursday ....about signage ....can t tell !!!

jean-guy

22 hours ago, GT Rider said:

Doonali,

Where did you take the photo? Mine was at Ste Irene by the gas station.

Thanks

Just South of St Irene, It is right by the one you took.

Edited by Phil 1