Thanks Rob

smclelan

Rob,

CKF has announced your retirement from QuebecRider, I wanted to say congratulations and thank you. I am sure you have made QR a regular part of many peoples daily routine as you it has mine. QR has become my favorite message board and am proud to be a member. What you have done with snowmobile message boards you have managed over the years has truly made you the leader in the business. I been a member of many of your website's and have helped by being a Moderator on a couple of them. You should be proud of what you have accomplished.

I have often commented to people how you can make friends with people on these sites and have never met them. Many of us have met people on these boards, made friends, and even developed some lifelong friendships. Rob you are responsible for helping to make more friendships happen then anyone will ever know, for that you should also be very proud.

Congratulations for what you have done and enjoy your new relaxed lifestyle.

Thanks Rob

Steven

Thanks Steven, Andy, Ray, and everyone. It has been a good run, and I enjoyed meeting and riding with many of you, but things change. I don't ride at all now, and haven't been keeping up here like I used to. I think John and Gary will take good care of things in my absence. Good luck everyone and stay safe. :drinks:

I've only met Rob once, it was my second trip to Quebec, before quebecrider. I didn't know where I was a the time, but years later realized it was at Apica (2004). I'd known of his online presence back then, but only later realized that I used to camp and snowmobile around the pond and area he lives in. He's clearly an innovator, and more importantly a great mentor. We are both fortunate to have a mutual friend in ckf, who will be a great guardian of the sites...

Thank You Rob !

For this site as well as the other ones.

I remember a nice day ride we did together some time ago, 340 ish miles. You or your riding bud blew a belt up on Mt Valin. Other than gas & lunch, one of the only times we stopped that day. Good times !

Best wishes to you.

Deano

Rob, through this site I have made so many good friends and those friends introduced me to even more good friends. I thank you.

And most importantly, thank you for our friendship. Those rides together will always be special.

mike

Rob;

You have and will be missed, You changed my ideas and use of my snowmobiles. I have many great friends in this sport because of your efforts, Thank you and best of luck.

Phil

Big thank you Rob, you are definitely an innovator like Gary said, you have single-handedly created the best snowmobile websites in the world. Let's not forget HCS, which is still the number one site in the world which Rob created. I'll never forget the 403 miles we did in one day which is still my record by the way. Hopefully we'll see you one day back on the snow...in Quebec hopefully with Bill and the gang!!

Stan

Hi Rob. All of the above posts are so true. Thank you.

The best things of this site is it is family friendly and it is about riding in the best snowmobile area in the world.

Enjoy your next endeavor. We wish you the best.

Jack & Sandi :drinks: :drinks:

Hi Rob -

Many of us were sooo relieved when you created Quebec Rider and we could leave the craziness that had taken over HCS! I admire and respect all the hard work and decisions you have made over the years to give us this great resource. As others have said, it has created so many friendships and given everyone a place where we are all agree on at least one thing: Quebec snowmobiling is about more than the riding.

Best to you as you move on to the next part of your journey

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thank you Rob. I met you first when you took pictures of my house on Lake George AFD stopped in selling them. Then I met you again on the sites and at the HI. Like all have said, you have had such a huge impact on each of our lives.

Best wishes,

Shane