Get me through Summer...

scorpionbowl

Starting this thread to help get through the dog days of summer. Those who post, don't just put up a pic, tell us why it helps you get through the offseason. Post as often as you need till the snow flies...

This pic was from one of my first trips to Quebec in 2003. This was a great stop, but unfortunately it's been gone for years. Little did I know that narrow hallways, uneven floors, 7' ceilings and shared bathrooms with a shower that's 20" square was common. Whenever I pass this spot, by sled or truck, it brings back memories...

post-12-0-70980200-1464652329_thumb.jpeg

Starting this thread to help get through the dog days of summer. Those who post, don't just put up a pic, tell us why it helps you get through the offseason. Post as often as you need till the snow flies...

This pic was from one of my first trips to Quebec in 2003. This was a great stop, but unfortunately it's been gone for years. Little did I know that narrow hallways, uneven floors, 7' ceilings and shared bathrooms with a shower that's 20" square was common. Whenever I pass this spot, by sled or truck, it brings back memories...

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

hi scorpionbowl !!!

great memories ....winter 96 , i spent one week there while working for challenge kanada....awesome place !!!

yves ...the boss back then ,was letting us go to the fridge late at night for refreshment ....while he was sleeping ...we had to tell him how many we had the next morning ...great guy !!!

loved that place !!!

jean-guy

I remember going by that place for a few years and always wondering what it was like and finally we stopped in and got a business card. It was actually on the map but we just never stopped there. When we finally stayed there we couldn't understand why it wasn't busier. It was like a bed and breakfast in the middle of the park run by the government.

Ah yes that place certainly brings back memories.

I stayed there back in 2001 with a group from CT that I met up in the La Domaine de la Chutes in Mont Valin the day before, had a great evening together wining and dining. The following day we said our good byes and parted ways.

Two years go by while still keeping in touch with my new American friends.

I am off for a 3 day trip with a local friend passing by Le Relais when I was asked earlier if I could stop in to see if they had a jacket in the lost and found by one of my CT friends who had forgotten it there two years back.

Sure enough I stop, describe the jacket with details as instructed and off she goes looking. Well a few minutes goes by and she comes back asking for more details, understandable cause it has been 2 years unclaimed, I answer accordingly and voila she brings out a Carhart work coat. OMG they actually kept this thing on the rack in storage for 2 years. WOW!!!!

Thank them kindly with a big smile and few $$$$ stuff it in my bag and we're off.

My memories of Le Relais

A lot of the time, it's what's inside the place that's most memorable. Nothing special on the outside, but one of the best set of displays on the inside that I can remember...

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

looks like one of there slow days ....definitely not sat !!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Winter always seems to go WAY too fast.

And the 3 off-seasons seem to go wayyyy toooo sloooow.

But this sign on the 3 by Quebec City reminds me to chillax, cuz... "The path is long but life is short"

post-181-0-99327000-1466980924_thumb.jpg

post-181-0-37529700-1466980940_thumb.jpg

That Raptor of yours up in the Parent roads most certainly will give you the same speed buzz as a sled, I remember when you where tickling your speed limiter and buzzing me like I was stopped when in fact I was running triple digits.

Get ready for another way to pass the summer Mike, time is ticking.......