Summer Snowmobiling on the Gaspe'

iceman

Looks like a great ride all! Been think about doing by our old convertible car. No one answered Jacks question , do you need to have a motorcycle lincence to rent ?

Yes need a Motorcycle liscense, or need to have at least a motorcycle learners Permit and one person in group who has a full blown motorcycle liscense.

In quebec for residents they offer just a liscense for Spyders. It a one day course you take at a driving school. Only available to quebec drivers. Pricey like $500.

A great narration and pics of the trip guys. Looks like you all had a great time. Very jealous as it is also on my bucket list. My (US) motorcycle license lapsed years ago so I was a bit disappointed when Trailblazer said the limited Spyder license is only for QC residents(?) Doesn't seem like there is a way for those of us from the US to do this unless we have a valid (US) m/c license?

you can do it like this VT Blu

Get just the Learners permit for motorcycle from your home state and bring me with you. Problem solved. Just need one person with a motorcycle liscense from the states or Canada to go with you as a chaperone.

Usually getting a learners permit is simply passing a test on a computer or a written test. Easy.

Edited by iceman

A great narration and pics of the trip guys. Looks like you all had a great time. Very jealous as it is also on my bucket list. My (US) motorcycle license lapsed years ago so I was a bit disappointed when Trailblazer said the limited Spyder license is only for QC residents(?) Doesn't seem like there is a way for those of us from the US to do this unless we have a valid (US) m/c license?

Hey Ken,

I was going to suggest the exact thing Don just said above! I have my NJ motorcycle license & would love to do the Gaspesie on my Gold Wing or on a Spyder.

Just say when & you got two partners to ride with!

Hope you're doing well,

Tom

VTblue

It seems you may have misunderstood me with regards to the Quebec Spyder license being obtainable by a non Quebec resident, I am uncertain of that but what I am certain of is that if a Quebec resident takes the Spyder course here in Quebec and receives his/her license they are limited to ride within Quebec's borders, if there are other provinces or states that offer Spyder license courses and licenses I would certainly inquire Into the restrictions that come along with it.

The best approach imo is a m/c license and you're good to go everywhere in Canada and the U.S.

Don's suggestion to obtain a learners permit is a quick way to escape the red tape for a few rides should you have no intention to pursue it any further.

As someone said earlier, in the US you could apply online for a learners. That's terrific, wish it was that easy here but it's not! For Quebec residents to obtain a m/c learners permit you must subscribe to a m/c course which in turn has fees to it and you must do the theory classes.

I hope this helps VT

• 1 month later...
On 8/1/2016 at 10:59 PM, PLAYHARD said:

Parallel to Chic Choc trail direction Copper Hotel.

Keep right! They haul the wood AND groom all year!

Surreal hitting all winter points when they're all green!

20160727_111907.jpg

20160727_112421.jpg

Playhard and Team Ice,

Great pics. You got the groomer and all.

We enjoyed reading about your summer adventure.