Gaspesie trip

yorkxf9000

We are in the early planning stages of a first time loop around the Gaspe,last winter was our first time riding in Quebec we rode out of the universal hotel in Rdl did day trips and we rode a little more than 1,400 miles for the week! Trails were awesome! We're looking to do the loop in the middle of February looking for any information on doing the loop clock wise or counter clockwise, places to see and stay. There will be 2 of us on the trip and both are experienced riders. Looking to do it in 5-6 days with around 200-250 mile days. Thanks in advanced for any information that you can give us. Hard to believe it's at the end of July and in the eighties and humid but I'm planning a snowmobile trip.

Keep in mind February is the busiest month in the gaspe. I've been there 6-7 times now and have only gone in mid March. Last year first week in April, and have always had fresh groomed trails and pass maybe a dozen sleds in the whole loop. That will not happen in February. Of course the risk of a quick melt down in March is a possibility but we have always had good luck

I recommend you read as many threads on this forum (Gaspe' Peninsula) as you have time for, there are hundreds of great recommendations and stories and you will hear from many who have made the trip...

My only words of wisdom would be to be flexible. Any Gaspe' loop will depend on many variables including snow levels, grooming schedules, weather, trail closures etc etc etc...

We're planning on taking trail 597 outside of chandler up to Murdochville then the orange trail to 595 and down to New Richmond is this the section your referring too? From what I've read there's some beautiful country in that area.

That orange trail is one of my favorites. Phil's pic is on the TQ5 looking at Mt St Pierre. The North shore on TQ 5 between Grand Vallee and St Ann Des Monts is in my opinion one of the most beautiful stretches on the North shore. When I spend a week there I usually base which direction we go on the weather. Always want clear skies for the North Shore and Murdochville and La Cache areas for the awesome views. We rarely book rooms in advance usually at lunch we call ahead, not sure if that's possible in Feb especially on weekends.

We're planning on taking trail 597 outside of chandler up to Murdochville then the orange trail to 595 and down to New Richmond is this the section your referring too? From what I've read there's some beautiful country in that area.

Yes the orange between Murdochville & 595 is great then the run South on 595 to New Richmond is fun too...

Photo is on orange looking North in April 16...post-51-0-02790000-1470268746_thumb.jpg