New Longest Cross Country Canadian Trail

momojohnny

That is great news to hear this morning Momo, when do we leave.

I've heard of this many years back but never followed the progress.

Journalist who wrote the story should do a little research.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Provinces_and_territories_of_Canada

"Once completed, the trail may be enjoyed by walkers/hikers, cyclists, paddlers, horseback riders, cross-country skiers and of course snowmobilers"

I've seen this story in a few different places and they all seem to imply that this trail can be used by Snowmobiles, i believe that parts of it certainly will be open to sleds but all of it? I find that hard to believe.

Just as it says it can be used by hikers and paddlers. Do the hikers swim or the paddlers carry their canoe/kayak?

Anyway if it is for real I am ready to go end to end.

Ship sleds west by truck and ride east. Ride on!

I gotta order more stickers for this run.

Edited by iceman

Fantastic Concept! But, fer sure there will be (for us snowmobilers) jumbo "gaps" caused either by the aforementioned metro areas, as well as "restricted areas" like Provincial Parks, linear parks like Petite Train du Nord in situations from Lac Carre to Tremblant, various restrictions on Crown Lands further west, etc, etc.

Hope it turns out well. A few years ago, Andyman, Pud and I rode to lake Superior. I'd surely like to continue on West!!

A snowmobe trail through Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal etc.. Hummmm. I don't think so..

You are right.

The TCT already exsists in Ottawa and is part of the snowmobile trail system, it starts right the at end of my street in Stittsville (West Ottawa). You cannot travel east and pass through the city and there is tension by the growing community to close it where I live. The Stittsville community used to be sled friendly where you could take your sled to the Grocery store if you wanted. This no longer exists.

Once did a group tour from north bay Ontario to the polaris factory and back. Fun trip took 10 days round trip. Yes the trail pass were a pain but well worth the experience. One of the nicest areas of the trip was lake of the woods.

I would do this ride if it comes to being.