Idea of real value?

Triggerhappy

I have an opportunity to purchase a package deal of 2 sleds and a trailer. I am really interested in the one sled and possibly the trailer for a family member. The other sled is a 2012 RS Vector. Loaded. Power steering, tall windshield, studded, saddle bags, ice scratchers, I believe he changed the skis as well, the yellow/green trail light, windshield bad, etc... it only has 1,309 miles on it. The only thing I see is a few scuffs on the bumper from the jackstands. It has a warranty until 2018 and they are the original owner (the wifes sled and they are both in their 60's and moving south). Since I don't know what the Yamahas are selling for in the real world numbers I was hoping some of you Yamaha guys on here (Iceman) would have an idea what it would be worth to sell. I know about book values etc, but I'm looking for what I could sell it for realistically to see if it would be worth grabbing the package. Thanks for any help.

post-1787-0-87034200-1474900702_thumb.jpg

post-1787-0-56636600-1474900719_thumb.jpg

post-1787-0-38469000-1474900751_thumb.jpg

post-1787-0-98005400-1474900767_thumb.jpg

post-1787-0-32599900-1474900782_thumb.jpg

Edited by Triggerhappy

Hell it's a dream one owner low miles, wifes sled and got lots of goodies on it. Only downside i see and it's just me. But it's a shorty at 128".

I say all in anywhere from $6500 low low to close to $7500 maybe more for the person that just got to have it. Just my guess.

It is 5 years old. lol.

1309 miles. Not even one week of riding up here. Sad.

Oh almost forgot no Team Iceman on it sticker drops the Value for sure.

What's the other sled?

Edited by iceman

Would that be US or Canadian funds?

The other is a 2014 A/C Crosstour (141") with the Yamaha motor. 1400 miles. Loaded, with every bag they make (the rack is on the back) GPS, studded, everything really. The husbands sled.

Would that be US or Canadian funds?

The other is a 2014 A/C Crosstour (141") with the Yamaha motor. 1400 miles. Loaded, with every bag they make (the rack is on the back) GPS, studded, everything really. The husbands sled.

USA money

Easy 6k all day long. Depends how long you want to try to get the top $$$ and hold on to it.

Triggerhappy, I may be able to shed some light on the value of the Vector in relation to my own. This past February my completely stock 2009 Vector with 8100 mi was totaled in an accident on 83 outside Roberval. Fortunately no lasting injuries. The insurance paid me $4500.

Loved that sled.

Triggerhappy, I may be able to shed some light on the value of the Vector in relation to my own. This past February my completely stock 2009 Vector with 8100 mi was totaled in an accident on 83 outside Roberval. Fortunately no lasting injuries. The insurance paid me $4500.

Loved that sled.

Thanks ODog.

I guess the value is pretty good then for them.

Triggerhappy - I have the same sled and believe Iceman is pretty spot on with the numbers. Do check the rear heat exchanger for damage. If they didn't add protectors, those studs probably did some damage. (It is a known issue on the Vectors)

Good luck with the purchases -

Triggerhappy - I have the same sled and believe Iceman is pretty spot on with the numbers. Do check the rear heat exchanger for damage. If they didn't add protectors, those studs probably did some damage. (It is a known issue on the Vectors)

Good luck with the purchases -

Thank you for the information. With the info I got from you guys I did purchase the package. Everything was meticulous. He may be as anal as I am and that was a good thing. I bought the 2014 Crosstour and the 2012 Vector and the 2012 Snopro 2 place 12ft hybrid trailer. All from the original owner and the Vector was bought new in 2014 and has a warranty until march of 2018. the only thing I could find was 2 small holes on the snow flap on the bottom of it from studs when backing up on it. Not a scratch. Looks like from the showroom. Studded, tuner skis, power steering, large windshield, ice scratchers, Yamaha saddle bags and windshield bag, new spare belt, the yellow/green light for oncoming traffic notification, he said they changed the starter relay to a new one when it was extremely cold they had to heat it to start it once and the dealer put in a newer updated one (?). The thing is loaded and like new with 1309 miles. The Crosstour is in the exact same shape. Great guy. So with that said the Vector will be for sale. I am going to polish it up and take some pics. If any one is interested or you know of someone that might be let me know. I will let it go for $5900.

Edited by Triggerhappy

I thought the 2014 came with the updated relays. My Apex did. But either way no big deal.

They made an updated fuel pump relay (new ones are red) as they had some issues with moisture getting in and then freezingt causing the fuel pump to not start when you turn on the key. Fuel pump relay not starter relay.

Sounds sweet.

Green/yellow light, useless information.

I thought the 2014 came with the updated relays. My Apex did. But either way no big deal.

They made an updated fuel pump relay (new ones are red) as they had some issues with moisture getting in and then freezingt causing the fuel pump to not start when you turn on the key. Fuel pump relay not starter relay.

Sounds sweet.

Green/yellow light, useless information.

the Vector is a 2012 bought new in 2014. Gotcha the fuel pump relay. That makes sense. Those damn Yamahas.... lol

Yeah I agree with the lights. They were older people and put every bit of safety stuff on they could. even put a nice hitch on his in case his wife ever got stuck he could pull her out. lol never used.

Edited by Triggerhappy

Well as an update in less than 24 hrs I sold the Sno Pro Trailer and the Vector. My cousin wanted to upgrade from his Clam shell to the 12ft Hybrid trailer. I told him about it and how beautiful it was and he came over immediately and was thrilled to get it at a more than reasonably price. Then when I was talking to him about the Vector he reminded me that my sister was looking to get a different sled and my brother in law likes Yamahas so I sent him pics and video of it and he loved it. It will be perfect for my sister. So he was thrilled to save a bunch of money and get a great sled. So that went rather well so far and hopefully no issues arise, but it looks like it went well for everyone involved. Thanks for the info on here guys which helped me make up my mind to buy the package. Here are a few pics of the Yamaha and the added addition to the Arctic Cat family of sleds. It certainly has enough bags having 5 of them! Heated seat, ice scratchers, etc..... It also only has 1400 miles. This one will be perfect for me during the longer trips in Canada and still have my boosted turbo for when the girlfriend wants to ride some as well. Iceman, it even looks like my Turbo... lol

post-1787-0-41200700-1475171065_thumb.jpg

post-1787-0-88277300-1475171076_thumb.jpg

post-1787-0-02709500-1475171088_thumb.jpg

post-1787-0-65809100-1475171107_thumb.jpg

post-1787-0-24697500-1475171171_thumb.jpg

Edited by Triggerhappy