Garmin 276CX is back!

Andyman

Just got an email telling me the 276 is no longer discontinued and asking me if I wanted to pre-order a new one with a 5 inch screen, internal antenna ect! It is ONLY $1049 CDN PLUS TAX & SHIPPING!!!!

Andy

ps: Guess i should not have sold my old one! LOL

http://www.gpscity.ca/viewcampaign?campaign=S35VQ7CT2BXF

I had a 276 that I just sold and it was a superb unit. I rode over 52000km with it on my handle bars and it never let me down once. The new 276 has a lot of new features that are vastly improved over the older discontinued models like I had. I have a brand new Montana that I plan to use this winter but I have a feeling Andyman will be picking another 276 up as soon as I see them on sale! LOL 

Think snow!

Andyman.jpg

I haven't read any specs but I'm assuming it is not a touch screen device. If that's the case I would buy it over any touchscreen GPSr. Physical buttons in lieu of a touchscreen are far superior for an outdoor GPSr given the elements. I like my Montana but I had multiple occasions of snow registering as touches on the screen.  I'll be watching for price dips. 

1 hour ago, GT Rider said:

Thanks for the tip Andy. I have the 276c and Montana. I feel more comfortable with the 276c but Trackmaps maps are not supported. I will be getting the new one for sure.

So will trak maps work on the new 276cx? 

I wouldn't consider myself an expert but I have been known to spend some time with my head down trying to figure out where to go next ! LOL On a trip to Ontario a couple of years ago we were riding south of the New Liskeard area and we passed  through a small town with a pulp mill and thought nothing of it until a few minutes later when rounded a corner and came upon a river. This was no ordinary frozen river! It had been frozen but the previously mentioned mill had obviously released an effluent pond and we now had 3-4 ft of yellow water/effluent on top of the ice. Timbo and company pull up behind me and we very quickly decide that we are not going to attempt to cross. So it is heads down time. 

I took a few minutes and studied the area and saw that if we rode back into town and got on the highway we could cross this river and take a side road and hopefully rejoin the trail system. Well needless to say it worked like a charm. Thank You Garmin! If this had of been in Quebec the detour would have been marked no question.

To answer doo4adoo the closest units in the $500 range is the Garmin Montana series. I just bought a 610.

Andy

16 hours ago, doo4adoo said:

andy

since you appear to be an expert on gps. Any suggestions for a previous year version gps unit? I don't really want to spend $1200 for a new unit since all my cars have factory nav. Hoping about $500

thanks

Not sure what your looking for in a GPS , I have a Garnin nuvi 550 with Quebec maps loaded on already.  Comes with a ram mount and the wiring kit . Looking for $200.. shipped 

Randy 

• 1 month later...

Not sure if anyone has seen these yet.

He started with units for some brand-models of sleds.  You can't use the track map but you can load others. Frankly for the price its a great buy with all of the features it offer over stock clusters. Unfortunately he wont have my sled till next season.

http://www.nextstagegauges.com/ns1-gauge-system

1 hour ago, doo4adoo said:

Not sure if anyone has seen these yet.

He started with units for some brand-models of sleds.  You can't use the track map but you can load others. Frankly for the price its a great buy with all of the features it offer over stock clusters. Unfortunately he wont have my sled till next season.

http://www.nextstagegauges.com/ns1-gauge-system

Now that is pretty slick!!!

On 11/14/2016 at 6:17 AM, smclelan said:

Save your beer cans and recycle Andy, maybe you can get one someday. Tough being unemployed and on a fixed income.  Might be time to fire up Perrin Tours again offering guiding services. LOL

You would think Andy's riding posse would spring for the unit since Andy is on a fixed income...lol