Where am I? 2016 fall edition.

iceman

Ray, I had forgot all about that horrible moment, a thousand miles from home and the ATM swallowed my card.

You saved the day my friend. 
I believe you are correct about the location. I was thinking it was at the Quebec/Ontario border.

mike

4 minutes ago, mikerider said:

Ray, I had forgot all about that horrible moment, a thousand miles from home and the ATM swallowed my card.

You saved the day my friend. 
I believe you are correct about the location. I was thinking it was at the Quebec/Ontario border.

mike

I look on your face when it didn't return the card was priceless!

Sorry for the delay GTRider

This was not far outside of St.Felicien on trail 373, the trail was rerouted to some local stuff but for some reason unbeknown we missed the warning sign and voila here we are, small river crossing with some broken ice and open water. After a quick inspection with a big stick we determined it was a go and off we went one by one skippadi do da.

The following day returning on the same trail out of le Jardin we saw the reroute and took it.

Later that season when I had returned for another LSG adventure we passed on the same trail and they had built a new bridge there, very nice, wish I had took a pic.

Edited by Trailblazer

2 hours ago, Trailblazer said:

Sorry for the delay GTRider

This was not far outside of St.Felicien on trail 373, the trail was rerouted to some local stuff but for some reason unbeknown we missed the warning sign and voila here we are, small river crossing with some broken ice and open water. After a quick inspection with a big stick we determined it was a go and off we went one by one skippadi do da.

The following day returning on the same trail out of le Jardin we saw the reroute and took it.

Later that season when I had returned for another LSG adventure we passed on the same trail and they had built a new bridge there, very nice, wish I had took a pic.

I have missed a few reroutes looking at my GPS a little too hard.

I thought the photo might be the Barrage Gouin trail.

11 hours ago, GT Rider said:

Has anyone snowmobiled to this waterfall?

there is a nice photo with snowmobiles on Google Earth @ 48°35'37.32"N 70° 5'5.59"W

Water%20Fall%201_zpsqmgek1za.jpg

Water%20Fall%202_zpsbiqrzoin.jpg

Is it this one?  I'm no good with the google earth. Could not find the photo you saw. So not sure.

IMG_0987.JPG

Edited by iceman

10 hours ago, iceman said:

Is it this one?  I'm no good with the google earth. Could not find the photo you saw. So not sure.

IMG_0987.JPG

Iceman,

It is not the same one. Your photo is Chutes Lac Canot.

If you copy and paste the GPS numbers (48°35'37.32"N 70° 5'5.59"W) into Google earth it will take you there. Check the Photo box on the left and you will see the photos.

It looks like the waterfall in Tom's photo.

I tried to grab the link to the photo. Lets see if it works. If not copy and paste into your browser.

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/33601299?source=wapi&referrer=kh.google.com

Edited by GT Rider

1 hour ago, GT Rider said:

Lac Rouge?

hi gt rider !!!

right on ....lac rouge in st alexandre...the old intersection with amqui was in the fields with rows....i was turning in the street on the right ...but land owner was tired to wait too long  for snow to melt in april ...so, the new intersection has been moved on the trail for lac saumon !!!

jean-guy

jgh18.jpg

On 10/20/2016 at 4:13 PM, GT Rider said:

Trailblazer, Will you tell us where this is?

Actually this is closer to Roberval than to St Prime.  It is the river/stream that that divides where Roberval stops grooming and St Prime/St Felicien stops grooming.  When I went across it it was like the picture and the next week the bridge had been installed or it may have been a culvert was installed, can't remember which but in any case you didn't have to cross open water.

On October 20, 2016 at 7:12 AM, 182ray said:This is definitely too obscure since the other Quebec Rider that is the subject of this post has posted a few times since I put this up & hasn't recognized it.

This other snowmobiler needed some cash but when he used the ATM, it confiscated his card!!! But he was in great company his "buddy" "loaned" him some cash that's when a Mainer found out what's it like to owe someone from Jersey who's name ends in a vowel...lol

This bank is along a converted rail line in the Mt. Laurier area

Along the linear parc near lac carre?

• 4 weeks later...