QuebecRider.com contributing memberships

ckf

• 4 weeks later...

I just sent out reminder invoices that haven't been paid. Please let me know if you already paid it so I can cancel the invoice. Also, let me know aren't interested anymore so I can cancel the invoice.

Thanks for the support!

• 2 weeks later...

Tabernak.  I just went to Hardhoresledder for the first time in like 9 years.  Wowza, that's a lot of advertising.  

All forms, pop-ups, banners, embedded, even in their own forum topic rows, and none even slightly relevant to sledding.

Ladies & Gents, of course we all know, but I'm figuring it can't hurt to show appreciation: We've got it good here!  

Scroll slow thru a post and see how many adds you get bombardiered by!... 

https://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/272-quebec/1854870-northern-qc-trip-report-march-15-17-a.html

Thanks all for being Contributing Members,! And for spreading the gospel to potential (relevant) Advertisers!

Re  Upping the cash flow for QR.  

I am not a business person, so not sure if this is a good idea or not. What I would propose is having a second tier of advertisers, more  like a shout out by members and paid for by members. In the forums we all mention the great places we stay and the restaurants that fed us so well, the dealers that got our sled fixed the same day it went down.  I would be willing to pay $25 to give a shout out to a different business every year.  Maybe we don't want the business to get a full banner like the paid advertisers, but maybe just a pinned forum where the host of the business (a QR member who paid for the shout out) gets to post about the business and tell about in more detail than usual. It could be a business that a member just likes or a business that helped you out one or more times. Of course we can still mention businesses for free in our regular posts.  

Just a thought.  Any thoughts? 

mike

With ya!

Especially preserving freedom to maturely praise (or pan) places, from our first-hand experiences.  That's just plain patriotic.

Self-shout-outs could be handy for us to know our advertisers better.  What they offer, how they get it done, who they are, etc.

Their banners have links to their websites.  Maybe easy to put up an Advertiser Spotlight page where they can each keep a blog/post?

Meantime we need to close those deals where we planted seeds with new Advertisers!

Thanks, Scorpionbowl You can probably come up with a better plan, but here is my thought. This would be a pinned topic in the general forums so that it is well viewed. No responses /replies are allowed, only the person paying the $25 can post.  (this keeps it on topic of the businesses and the topic doesn't sidetrack). People are welcome to hit the 'like' button.

So an example:

I am giving a shout out to snowmobile dealer 'X' in the town of St. Y.   For the  past ten years I have spent several weeks a year snowmobiling out of the town of St. Y.  During this time I have come across several people from afar who developed  a problem with their snowmobile  while near the town of St. Y.  On each occasion dealer X was able to take in the disabled snowmobile and provide fast service, thus saving the vacation and saddlebag trip of many a rider. So many of these sledding people have told me of the great service received at dealer X, but also added how impressed they were with the showroom. They described it as spotless clean and neat, with an unusually large selection of clothing, accessories,   and product  to look at while their sled is being repaired. I have stopped into dealer X myself doing some rainy day window shopping and have found this dealer just as people described and then some. Dealer X has impressed me to give them a  QuebecRider Shout Out  for going the extra mile.

mike

Well , guess Ill say it again . On any given day "in" season , there are a lot of regulars views who do not make the annual contribution of $25 . Paying up your $25 buckers makes your name in GREEN  ink on the bottom of the page on "who's on line" My suggestion to the powers to be is that  to view the fabulous pictures  and videos posted (if possible) you have to pay your $25 bucks.  I think that if everybody ponied up, this site would be pretty much  be self sustaining . Really,  😎 who could live without seeing all the pictures  and videos from this fun gang here on QR.  Please support the site by contributing annual dues of $25.  :drinks:

Edited by momojohnny

I totally agree and you can't post or you get timed out after 15 seconds and then can't get back in for a half hour. Me personally, I feel guilty not helping out a small mom-and-pop type site. The ironic thing is a lot of these guys buy brand new sleds every year.

On 4/4/2019 at 9:49 PM, mikerider said:

Thanks, Scorpionbowl You can probably come up with a better plan, but here is my thought. This would be a pinned topic in the general forums so that it is well viewed. No responses /replies are allowed, only the person paying the $25 can post.  (this keeps it on topic of the businesses and the topic doesn't sidetrack). People are welcome to hit the 'like' button.

So an example:

I am giving a shout out to snowmobile dealer 'X' in the town of St. Y.   For the  past ten years I have spent several weeks a year snowmobiling out of the town of St. Y.  During this time I have come across several people from afar who developed  a problem with their snowmobile  while near the town of St. Y.  On each occasion dealer X was able to take in the disabled snowmobile and provide fast service, thus saving the vacation and saddlebag trip of many a rider. So many of these sledding people have told me of the great service received at dealer X, but also added how impressed they were with the showroom. They described it as spotless clean and neat, with an unusually large selection of clothing, accessories,   and product  to look at while their sled is being repaired. I have stopped into dealer X myself doing some rainy day window shopping and have found this dealer just as people described and then some. Dealer X has impressed me to give them a  QuebecRider Shout Out  for going the extra mile.

mike

Mike you forgot to mention while you were in town of St Y having your sled fixed at dealer X, you were at Bar XXX where the fine ladies of Quebec were making all your sad feelings of a broken sled be forgotten.

On a serious note, I just paid for my Contributing Membership.

Edited by Fozzy

33 minutes ago, scorpionbowl said:

Another benefit for contributing members who stop by my house, a free beer, in the spirit of Bernard...🍻

Well in that case count me in !!!   LOL.

No seriously...send me one of those invoices. Im happy to contribute to this site.

• 2 months later...
On 3/21/2019 at 10:59 AM, ckf said:

I just sent out reminder invoices that haven't been paid. Please let me know if you already paid it so I can cancel the invoice. Also, let me know aren't interested anymore so I can cancel the invoice.

Thanks for the support!

I don’t recall seeing one in my inbox, could you let me know if I’m up to date or need to be.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've gotten way behind in sending out contributing membership renewals. I'm going to try to get them caught up over the next few days. I know some of you have already renewed on your own. I do this all manually, so if you get an invoice and you have already paid please message me so I can delete the invoice.

As always, thanks for supporting QR.com.

• 5 months later...

haven't sent out any CM renewals since early December.  I'm going to try to do January through April over the next couple of days.  If you have already renewed and get an invoice please let me know.  If you get one and don't want to renew,  please let me know so I can cancel the invoice.  Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

1 hour ago, Albieridin said:

just curious i have been contributing for the past 3 years @25.being taken from my account,quebec rider /john rowe and have not got any acknowledgment or green ink,just a email asking for it again???is something fishy going on??

Sorry about that.  I must have missed the first time you joined and didn't upgrade your membership.  After that i just send out renewals by going off the prior years memberships. I wish I would have known sooner.  Again,  I apologize for the mistake.