Scierie 54 gas.

doonali

11 minutes ago, doonali said:

image.jpg

I don't doubt your map, To me it's like cutting Chibougamau's throat not having any gas between La Dore and Chibougamau. Yes certain machines will have no poblems for sure (right Steve?) just seems stupid and makes me wonder what a trail less traveled will be groomed like?.???

maybe we will finally see some movement on the trail connecting 83 to 93 in Chibougamau? Now that would be sweet. 

9 minutes ago, iceman said:

E-mail sent to club in Chibougamau and posted on CMIQ as well. I used the photo of your map hope. you don't mind. 

Not at all Ice, wanted ppl. that don't haul fuel etc. to be aware.

2 minutes ago, 800steve said:

There was a relais about about 30-40 km south of Chibogameau, It had gas, but have not been up there last season.Is it still open?

Barriere Nord, nothing on the 16-17 map for them. So I'm guessing not.

We were there in February 2016 coming in thru the bush from Barrage gouin and there was no gas, good thing we each carry 10 gallons!  I would not count on gas there if you can carry a jerry can 2-2.5 gallons should be no problem from La Dore to Chibogameau corner 

Thought paid sponsors had their establishments and businesses listed on the maps.

Trying to remember the gas stop our group used during the cannonball ride.   Recall the place had 5 gallon jerry cans in a shack beside a store. ... 

18 hours ago, 800steve said:

There was a relais about about 30-40 km south of Chibogameau, It had gas, but have not been up there last season.Is it still open?

Relais Barrière du nord was closed the last 2 seasons.....the only place was scierie 54 and relais du lac cache but this place is next to Chibougamau. Plenty of time to see the situation evolved.

15 minutes ago, doo4adoo said:

Spoke to them at the Toronto sled show today and they said they are working on getting someone to set up for winter. Said to check back but they expect to have something in place for the winter 

Thanks, I was thinking just that... if not the sawmill they will put something in place.

we shall see. 

I got no response from club in Chibougamau and no help from anyone on CMIQ. 

My gut says be prepared to ride from La Dore to Chibougamau with no fuel stop other than what you are carrying! If there isn't something in place by now it isn't going to happen. Just my 2 cents worth.

Andy

On 10/23/2016 at 6:01 AM, Andyman said:

My gut says be prepared to ride from La Dore to Chibougamau with no fuel stop other than what you are carrying! If there isn't something in place by now it isn't going to happen. Just my 2 cents worth.

Andy

I fear you are right, Amigo.