Scierie 54 gas.

doonali

That's some pretty wealthy info GTRider, thanks for sharing and for every bodies input on that stretch aswell, guess I won't be taking the short cut from Barrage Gouin to Scerie 54 this winter with the intentions to go north that is.

Those 1200s can go a long way on Ecomode, sucks topping out at 55 kph but better that walking.

my logbook says 156 miles from the gas station in LaDoré to the gas station in Chibougamau. Rode that leg 6 times in the past 10 years.

if they can`t resolve the gas issue....I wouldn`t be surprised for security reasons this leg of the 93 be closed this winter. We will see......

57 minutes ago, Mid Range said:

my logbook says 156 miles from the gas station in LaDoré to the gas station in Chibougamau. Rode that leg 6 times in the past 10 years.

if they can`t resolve the gas issue....I wouldn`t be surprised for security reasons this leg of the 93 be closed this winter. We will see......

Or at the very least post signs on both ends stating no gas for the next 160mi. For those who don't research there route's in advance.

21 hours ago, smclelan said:

Hmm. That is doable on a tank with the 1200 but you can not break any trail or run hard. Guess I should make sure I do that leg with Andyman, he always has extra. The Blue Squadron would use their extra gas before passing the sawmill!!! LOL

That is just mean-spirited, Steven.

The dim-witted seem to find humour in such tasteless commentary...............

On 10/18/2016 at 8:42 PM, 603backcountry said:

We were there in February 2016 coming in thru the bush from Barrage gouin and there was no gas, good thing we each carry 10 gallons!  I would not count on gas there if you can carry a jerry can 2-2.5 gallons should be no problem from La Dore to Chibogameau corner 

Love Barrage Gouin, we were there last Feb too.  Tell me more about your trip through the bush out to 93.

Our group did Clova to Louvicourt last year ~170 miles. I was running a 15 600 ETEC Renegade with a linq jerry can (which I used) and she was huffing fumes by the time I pulled into Louvicourt. The 4 strokes in our group made it without adding any extra. The 800 Cat got a full tank at Balbuzzard and still ran out before Louvicourt! It's all in the sled you ride, how hard you are pushing it, and it you are breaking trail or not. Thankfully for us it was all groomed. This should be a dooable stretch for most with a 3 gallon jerry can if conditions are right.

On 10/19/2016 at 0:41 PM, hparaptor said:

Trying to remember the gas stop our group used during the cannonball ride.   Recall the place had 5 gallon jerry cans in a shack beside a store. ... 

Shed with 5gal cans @ Desmaraisville Depanneur is 95 miles west of Chib Relais Lac Cache Petro Canada (no prob for Blue Squadron).

23 minutes ago, Florida Snowman said:

After many emails to many different sources I discovered the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!!   Yea!

IMG_1737.PNG

New retirement gives you time to do research... 2017 gade x 5.JPG