Scierie 54 gas.

doonali

23 minutes ago, Florida Snowman said:

Sweet ride Phil.  That's a really nice Birthday gift you bought yourself!  Did you  order a tall windshield or are you gonna tough it out?

Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!

The dealer reassured me that with the new lip on the stock windshield you would have to be over 6' tall before you need a bigger windshield. They said that you will not be hit with any wind at all with the stock shield.

Nice sled Phil, I just had a peek at mine in the trailer and ooohhh boy that's all I got on my mind now. Can't wait to be out on the trails early this year, in the past few years my Yammy had needed some major repairs to get her up'n running for the season hence my new BRP last year.

Maybe go for the medium height one like on the Enduros, I had no issues with mine and you can still see over it as opposed to through it like the tall ones, PITA if you ask me.

Edited by Trailblazer

2 hours ago, Florida Snowman said:

After many emails to many different sources I discovered the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!!   Yea!

IMG_1737.PNG

Great news. Thanks Tom, for putting the time in and doing the research.

2 hours ago, Florida Snowman said:

After many emails to many different sources I discovered the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!!   Yea!

IMG_1737.PNG

Most excellent work, Tom!!!!!

7 hours ago, Trailblazer said:

Nice sled Phil, I just had a peek at mine in the trailer and ooohhh boy that's all I got on my mind now. Can't wait to be out on the trails early this year, in the past few years my Yammy had needed some major repairs to get her up'n running for the season hence my new BRP last year.

Maybe go for the medium height one like on the Enduros, I had no issues with mine and you can still see over it as opposed to through it like the tall ones, PITA if you ask me.

Hi JG

Just trying to get a rise out of Tom, I surely will have a larger windshield. I usually buy the largest one I can find, more advantages than disadvantages...

I hope the sled was the right direction to go, a year or two behind that windshield will tell. Lots of guys have had great success with the 1200's.

15 minutes ago, Phil 1 said:

Hi JG

Just trying to get a rise out of Tom, I surely will have a larger windshield. I usually buy the largest one I can find, more advantages than disadvantages...

I hope the sled was the right direction to go, a year or two behind that windshield will tell. Lots of guys have had great success with the 1200's.

Love my 16. Added Bergstrom ski shims and DuPont hyfax. 

2 hours ago, Phil 1 said:

Hi JG

LOL! I was thinking could Phil fall for that about the windshield from the dealer! Good luck with it, 16,000 miles on my 12' 1200. Liked that giant windshield on your 800 that folded over at high speeds

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2016‎/‎11‎/‎04 at 8:37 AM, Florida Snowman said:

IMG_1737.PNG

Just got a message from Chibougamau snowmobile club which confirm the e-mail above.....gas will be available at scierie 54 this winter.

Saw a fb post today talking about the big storm they had on Oct 22nd and they still have 22 miles to do and have not touched the 93 toward the sawmill yet.

Andy

Message from the Chibougamau Club on FB.

Development..... the beginning of the season
The season approaches, the trails are almost all ready due to the storm of the end of October. The teams of débroussaillages will complete the 22 miles in the next few days and there will be nothing but the section of the 93 towards the lac st-Jean that we will do a little later. The direction of the club wants to thank all those who from near and far gave us a hand... thank you!!!!!
For the others who have not had the chance to come help us in the trails, it is still possible to give us a hand and it is simple.... take your right of access to the club auto-snow from chibougamau. You automatically become a member of our club for free, the more we are, still best will be the conditions of trails and we promise you a lot of activities this year with the collaboration of the marina chibougamau. The details will arrive soon.
Our new ice are ready and our operators feverish to start the season (they too are maniacs beautiful pathways), only missing the snow.
On the picture, it's the new team of agents of surveillance of paths in the club ' Auto-neige who have followed their training last week. 8 new officers were sworn and will join the team already in place. Bravo for your involvement.
I let you know....
Dircom

• 3 weeks later...

Just to be safe, here's the sawmill 54's phone number(418) 679-1003 it may come handy to someone. I'am not 100% it's still good but, I'll give them a call tomorrow to check if they will be opened or not this winter.

On 11/4/2016 at 8:37 AM, Florida Snowman said:

IMG_1737.PNG

Credit to Tom

He literally knows where every gas station is in Quebec and has all there contact information in his little black book.

On 11/4/2016 at 5:31 PM, Phil 1 said:

Hi JG

I have the ultra high on my 2016 rene X 1200. Like it a lot.It doesn't fold over at top speed.

20 hours ago, M21 Local said:

Just to be safe, here's the sawmill 54's phone number(418) 679-1003 it may come handy to someone. I'am not 100% it's still good but, I'll give them a call tomorrow to check if they will be opened or not this winter.

Phoned them this afternoon, here's what they told me:  The sawmill will remain in operation and they will sell gas.  They will stop processing wood sometime in february and at that point it will be the security guard that will sell the gas to snowmobilers...

Sound's good for this winter...

15 hours ago, NSHM said:

I have the ultra high on my 2016 rene X 1200. Like it a lot.It doesn't fold over at top speed.

+1 

I've got the ultra high on my renegade as well.  Pretty nice on the cold days.

The bad thing is the mirrors that you put on it.They are worthless to see out of and fall off if you try to adjust them in the cold.I just ordered Polaris handlebar mount ones that I had on my last polaris.OEM Part # 2876297 from ebay.Loved them on that sled and they fit this one perfectly.Don't know why BRP doesn't offer them.If you put these on you'll never look back.........wait ,then why put them on??  LOL