WHO DID THE BIG TRIP TO MANIC 5

grumpysanta

Low tide in the Bay of Fundy, One of the biggest tidal changes in the world from low to high tide can be well over 50 ft. If you look behind us you can see a lighthouse and two separate covered bridges, supposedly the only spot in the world where you could get all this in one picture. I have no idea how they verified this but I did not confirm it with Snopes LOL

P8122777.JPG

P8122798.JPG

P8122808.JPG

Back home safe, 4600 miles and two weeks on the road the trip of a lifetime. Posting this makes me realize I started at the Manic 5 will have to post some pics from PA up to the Manic 5P8143036.JPG

P8143022.JPG

P8143026.JPG

When you went by the shipyard you were only a few miles from me. One of the stealth ships has sailed off, and the two you see are close to being ready. The ships have hit a new snag, the ammo for these ships is too expensive so they are trying to come up with a new solution for a new weapon system to install.

Wow  Viper, that was certainly a trip of a lifetime, lot of miles on a motorcycle.

mike

On 11/18/2016 at 7:44 AM, mikerider said:

When you went by the shipyard you were only a few miles from me. One of the stealth ships has sailed off, and the two you see are close to being ready. The ships have hit a new snag, the ammo for these ships is too expensive so they are trying to come up with a new solution for a new weapon system to install.

Wow  Viper, that was certainly a trip of a lifetime, lot of miles on a motorcycle.

mike

Yes Mike a lot of miles for sure and other than a few thousand miles with our scooter gang I only had about 600 miles of on road motorcycle experience all of it being earlier in the summer on that same bike

40 minutes ago, grumpysanta said:

all this nice but i  was talking winter on sleds

Sorry for hijacking your thread Grumpy, I guess I should have started a different one I was just going to post pics from the Manic 5 but it snowballed from there. I too am interested in the sled pics and info from that area we had talked about trying it a couple years ago but to be honest when we started looking at it and realized we needed to carry gas and camp in tents we decided that was more of an adventure than we wanted, after riding the area on the bikes it only confirmed that I guess I am just a wimpy trail rider lol

This past summer I looked into riding up to Lab City from Baie Comeau area.  Emailed President of club in Fermont and he told me we would need a 20" wide, long track sled with a sleigh for each sled as it would be a 2 to 3 day trip depending on weather.  Would need food, tent, gas and sleeping bags and he also suggested a guide.  I with you viper2,   a wimpy trail rider.  

Edited by Saguenay Bill