Mont Laurier area

Duster

On 11/2/2016 at 8:13 AM, Andyman said:

I made a booking for the weekend of Jan13/14 at Moose Valley northern NB and I got the last 2 cabins for the Sat night! Looks like everyone has a lot of pent up energy after the dismal winter we had last year!

I just tried to book at the Roquemont for a weekend in Feb and they are booked solid! Looks like this is the winter to book early!!!!

1 hour ago, Andyman said:

I just tried to book at the Roquemont for a weekend in Feb and they are booked solid! Looks like this is the winter to book early!!!!

Posted Friday at 02:40 PM · 
I'm looking for a good start point near Saint Raymond for a group of 8-10 that is safe to leave our rigs. Roquemont  is already booked on our arrival date.

Thanks,Greg
 Quote  Edit

On 01/11/2016 at 9:33 PM, dooright said:

Have stayed here before , was really nice !

It's not far from Rabaska

http://www.fontbrune.ca/eng/carte.htm

It does look nice .

Anyone else been there

How is the driving to  Club Fontbrune .

I just read that part of the drive is dirt road 

Edited by Duster

8 hours ago, doonali said:

Posted Friday at 02:40 PM · 
I'm looking for a good start point near Saint Raymond for a group of 8-10 that is safe to leave our rigs. Roquemont  is already booked on our arrival date.

Thanks,Greg
 Quote  Edit

There is a nice place just north west of St Ray in Riviere-a-Pierre. I think it is called La Famille Hotel Bar Resto. Stopped there with wife once and a buddy another time for lunch and a few cold ones. The owner took the wife and I around the place. Simple place,but clean ! Maybe shared bathrooms,don't remember. Bar ,restaurant and rooms all in same building. the Local orange trail off 73 brings you right to the front door of the place.

7 hours ago, Duster said:

It does look nice .

Anyone else been there

How is the driving to  Club Fontbrune .

I just read that part of the drive is dirt road 

Fontbrune is on the same road leading to Rabaska, they're just before the iron bridge and Rsbaska is just after.

My experience staying there and that was many years ago, we had a great dinner (fine French cuisine) but the cabins were a little outdated and rustique. No water pressure for showering but that was many years back maybe someone who's been there lately can chime in.

15 minutes ago, Trailblazer said:

Fontbrune is on the same road leading to Rabaska, they're just before the iron bridge and Rsbaska is just after.

My experience staying there and that was many years ago, we had a great dinner (fine French cuisine) but the cabins were a little outdated and rustique. No water pressure for showering but that was many years back maybe someone who's been there lately can chime in.

When we were there a season ago , we had a brand new cabin , looked like several new ones were just built a bit past the older cabins.