Couples ride.

doonali

Doonali,

We have stayed at the Quebec City Inn,

Secure parking truck and sleds, indoor pool,

schooter

3 hours ago, doonali said:

Would you be comfortable leaving rigs there?

They are making an enclosed parking area similar to the one at the Delta Saguenay.  I just confirmed that today with the new GM.  I met him  at the Quebec  snowmobile show which is where I am tonight.  They will become an advertiser here on QR.

3 minutes ago, Saguenay Bill said:

They are making an enclosed parking area similar to the one at the Delta Saguenay.  I just confirmed that today with the new GM.  I met him  at the Quebec  snowmobile show which is where I am tonight.  They will become an advertiser here on QR.

Thank you Bill, good to know. Btw were planning on spending our second night at your place..

Greg.

1 hour ago, scorpionbowl said:

Roquemont is already booked? What the hell is going on this year?

Sure is.Tried booking for a Fri. night mid Feb. today. Looks like we'll roll from Four Points.

Edited by doonali

48 minutes ago, dooright said:

We've been from the 4points many times , Great place and never been any issues for us . Even better with Bill's news .

Depending on when your going , the ice castle hotel is right on the property !

Wow really? I knew it was close but didn't know it was so close. Booked mid Feb.

10 hours ago, dooright said:

We've been from the 4points many times , Great place and never been any issues for us . Even better with Bill's news .

Depending on when your going , the ice castle hotel is right on the property !

Ice Hotel had to move.  City owned the property, Ice Hotel was leasing 1/3rd of property.  City had opportunity to sell the property, sold it and new owner  wanted the entire  property for development.  I believe I heard that the hotel will run a shuttle to and from it but I'll confirm that today and post it.

32 minutes ago, Saguenay Bill said:

Ice Hotel had to move.  City owned the property, Ice Hotel was leasing 1/3rd of property.  City had opportunity to sell the property, sold it and new owner  wanted the entire  property for development.  I believe I heard that the hotel will run a shuttle to and from it but I'll confirm that today and post it.

I did a bit of research and it appears at least from the Hotel's map of attractions that the Ice Hotel will be off of the spur trail to Fassambault-sur-le-Lac 

5 hours ago, Saguenay Bill said:

Ice Hotel can hold your helmets in a rack. But the shuttle from 4-Points is the ticket! It was was more comfy touring in "civilian" clothes. And best of all... With a designated driver I was able to hit the Ice Bar!

IMG_20160202_155414_edit.jpgIMG_20160202_155114.jpg

IMG_20160202_174241.jpg

Wat8.jpg

IMG_20160202_201247.jpg

Wat1.jpg

On 11/5/2016 at 7:29 AM, doonali said:

I did a bit of research and it appears at least from the Hotel's map of attractions that the Ice Hotel will be off of the spur trail to Fassambault-sur-le-Lac 

Looks like a cool joint for a base camp for sled families.

Scrolled down here for videos of what they're building:  http://www.valcartier.com/en/valcartier-hotel/  

How do we get them to provide sled friendly access?

Green pin is 4-Points Sheraton, yellow is the local to the east, red is to the west:

Ice Hotel 2017.png

6 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

Scrolled down here for videos of what they're building:  http://www.valcartier.com/en/valcartier-hotel/  

Green pin is 4-Points Sheraton, yellow is the local to the east, red is to the west:

Ice Hotel 2017.png

Yes agreed if they make sled accessible we will be going there every year as a family. 

• 2 weeks later...

Wow ..your post gave me a push to book a five day with my wife start Feb 19 from the Comfort Inn Shawinigan (she says hope the river is frozen.. lol ) to Roquemont then to 4 Points in Que City for two days ..we like the fact they have shuttle going to the old city then head back to Shawinigan stopping again the Roquemount for a night ...    

11 hours ago, mikeeo said:

Wow ..your post gave me a push to book a five day with my wife start Feb 19 from the Comfort Inn Shawinigan (she says hope the river is frozen.. lol ) to Roquemont then to 4 Points in Que City for two days ..we like the fact they have shuttle going to the old city then head back to Shawinigan stopping again the Roquemount for a night ...    

Try the Escapade in Shawinigan, that's where we launch from all the time. Secure pen for trucks and don t have to deal with the river 

On 11/4/2016 at 8:23 PM, Saguenay Bill said:

That's great news and they definitely have enough space for it! I drive pass Four Points twice a day and i always get jealous in the winter when i see sleds parked in the middle of the week since I usually only ride on weekends.

On 11/13/2016 at 11:21 AM, PLAYHARD said:

Ice Hotel 2017.png

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1469758979720049&substory_index=0&id=157627650933195

2 trail project phases announced. 

1. Reconnects 304 to 369 and McDonalds Stoneham and Lac Beauport. 

2.  Reconnects Villages Val Cartier with a completely new trail. 

I couldn't immediately discern if these are open this winter or coming soon although I could tell it states it's been a 2 year project. 

The phase 1 will be for this year. 

For the Phase 2 with connection to Village Val Cartier that is not for this year. They need to get funding and will need to build 3 new bridges.