2016-2017 Shawingan Snow Reports

iceman

17 minutes ago, Phil 1 said:

Liquid must be tightening up with the cold...

Getting nice. Supposed to be really cold next few nights and days. Then showing some rain for Sunday at +8c. This could be great for a nice base.

1 minute ago, momojohnny said:

No "Guess" the day - time the groomer pass by your house contest this yr.

Was kinda fun :good:

I did it last year to pass the time while staring at bare ground. I think (sure hope anyway) with one more good storm the groomers will be working. What a difference a year makes. 

Ah what the hell I will throw a post up and see who wants to guess.

16 Dec.

no new snow to report, but nice amd cold here-18c now. Much colder last night. 

Wicked cold to the North from La Tuque to Lac St Jean and west to east. Big time cold.

16 Dec

brrrrr -21c 

me i don't think its that cold but i'm the iceman. The wife is freezing. I finally broke down and lit the woodstove for her. I guess it's time. Happy wife, well you know how that goes. 

9 hours ago, iceman said:

16 Dec

brrrrr -21c 

me i don't think its that cold but i'm the iceman. The wife is freezing. I finally broke down and lit the woodstove for her. I guess it's time. Happy wife, well you know how that goes. 

Haha.. Just lit the wood stove? My wife had me fire ours at Halloween!!! And I'm in PA.

17 Dec

-14c Snow.....very fine flakes but very steady. Started not long ago. Will keep you updated throughout the day. 

Edited by iceman

17 Dec

-8c 

not impressed with the whopping 1.5 inches of snow so far. Snowing just barely now. I guess we will take what we can get. Not the big one here that's for sure. Still waiting.

24 Dec

2C snowing. Not supposed to be much. Maybe 2-4cm. Every bit counts.

looking iffy for monday night tues, saying some rain coming. They put up this alert. Sounds good for the north. We shall see things change quickly. 

IMG_1074.PNG

27 Dec

4c Cloudy 

looks as if the Zamboni passed throughout the area last night. No fluff here. Will be good for the base. Need a real snow storm. Still waiting for a real big one. 

This is from down the road in Trois Riveres but it looks real similar all around the area here.... that's the street he is on.

Edited by iceman