Looks like Winter

iceman

Andy,

Wow that was some adventure. I joined QR in 07 so I missed your post when it happened.

Thanks for giving us a blue print in keeping a calm head when it hits the fan. Thoughtful deliberate action pays off. Your friend had the right partner that night.

Did you have the 276c? Were FCMQ trails available for GPS?

On 12/6/2016 at 8:54 PM, MrGutz said:

Great story! but I read it just before our first trip to Quebec and the HI....

I told my brothers, we're going to die!

Glad we went!!!

GutZ

Real glad you went too Gutz!!!!

7 hours ago, GT Rider said:

Andy,

Wow that was some adventure. I joined QR in 07 so I missed your post when it happened.

Thanks for giving us a blue print in keeping a calm head when it hits the fan. Thoughtful deliberate action pays off. Your friend had the right partner that night.

Did you have the 276c? Were FCMQ trails available for GPS?

I didn't have  a 276 I think it was my old Garmin V! It didn't matter I knew where we were we just could not do anything about it!!! No I did not have the trails at the time just way points. One other funny thing I forgot to mention was that the next day when we went back to retrieve our sleds low and behold  there was a sugar shack building that would have had a stove and most likely would not have been locked about 200 feet from our campfire/snow cave. The visibility was so bad the night before we could not see it!!! Well must run meeting a friend this morning and going for a local ride. Pic from earlier this week.

First ride 004.JPG

First ride 003.JPG

Amazing story and thanks for reposting the details and knowledge. Can never be overprepared for snowmobiling in Quebec regardless of your experience in the sport.   I carry a Mylar survival blanket that is in a 6"x6" very small pouch but unfolds if you need it. It's traveled 20,000 miles across the Province over the past 10+ years and I hope to never have to use it.

On 2016-12-01 at 9:04 PM, mikerider said:

I too was at the Delta that night. A storm to remember.

I believe it was the next day we helped retrieve a friend's sled. He went into a ditch not far from the Delta, near the tunnel, and walked to the hotel.

We were unable to pull his sled out it was so buried. Luckily a groomer came by and pulled it out. Bill might remember him, a Quebec gentleman who lives in the southern part of the province.

mike

Hi mikerider,

I remember meeting you during this trip!

I hope to get back to Saguenay this season.

Those pics were taken yesterday, I was between St-Raymond and L'Etape on Trans-Qebec trail #23.

I will be riding this 2017 800cc Assault next season.

HDen

tala2.JPG

tala3.JPG

tala4.JPG

tala1.JPG

tala6.JPG

Edited by HDen

HI Den,            Always enjoyed meeting up with you at the Holiday Inn/Delta. Its been quite a few years since seeing you.

I mostly ride out of Riviere du Loup nowadays, but was lucky enough last year to ride one week out of the Delta last season in Bill's Paradise.                                                             Your new sled looks great!  Hope we meet again.

mike