Snow Totals

iceman

Won't be anything open in the Saguenay, not with the wind they had today.   Maybe after the wind goes down the Caribou-Conscrits will be grooming.  Gotta get cold to freeze up the swamps.  Groomers don't run well in the water.  Couple years ago the Caribou-Conscrits had to buy a$10,000 load of logs to lay down in the swamp in order to get the groomer out..

Just read some Info from Mont St. Anne. The ski mountain near QC city. 

They have had 81cm of snow total in the past few weeks.

51cm of that this week. 

They are opening soon and will have 37 runs open to start, that has not happened since the 1970's. Having so many runs ready with the early snow received. 

8 hours ago, iceman said:

Just read some Info from Mont St. Anne. The ski mountain near QC city. 

They have had 81cm of snow total in the past few weeks.

51cm of that this week. 

They are opening soon and will have 37 runs open to start, that has not happened since the 1970's. Having so many runs ready with the early snow received. 

Wow that's a lot! I'm just south of Stoneham and we have 20-25cm on the ground. Weather forecast looks promising though. Cold weather and an additional 15-25cm of snow at the end of the week.

Ravage just posted a video on Instagram of the groomer at their place.  They said the Saguenay club groomed from Sait-Felix Otis to Ravage.  Not sure if the groomer continued down 83 towards Clermont or not.  Early start this year. :)

14 minutes ago, stupe said:

Not sure if the groomer continued down 83 towards Clermont or not.  Early start this year. :)

I would say the answer is no.IMG_1028.PNG

3 minutes ago, iceman said:

I would say the answer is no.IMG_1028.PNG

That's as far down 83 as the Saguenay Club goes. They turn around at the end of Lac Elephant.  It's not elephant but as close as I can get it. The Fjord club or the Charlevoix club picks it up from there.  Some years the Fjord club goes up there and then the following year they don't and the Charlevoix club does it.  My very good friend Bernard Audet, from La Baie is the guy responsible for that section of the Saguenay Club.  He takes great pride in how that trail is maintained.  About 4 years ago he was going to resign, he was 65 then.  When he told the club that, his crew from the La Baie area all resigned.  He didn't resign.  I'll call him and tell him he was first to groom in Quebec.  That will make his day.

10 minutes ago, 800R MXZ X said:

How do I get this map?

It's from the imotoneige app. 

Pretty sure Viaexplorer has the grooming on it too. 

Here

http://fcmq.viaexplora.com/carte-motoneige/indexen.html

click on services up in the right corner then hit grooming delay. 

Edited by iceman

10 minutes ago, Saguenay Bill said:

I'll call him and tell him he was first to groom in Quebec.  That will make his day.

He certainly was one of the first. Roadrunner said he found groomed trail in Quebec too, so not sure he was the first but certainly one of the first. 

I see 93 groomed from Sacre Couer north and Looks like TQ 3 from Escoumins and the Pel Chat. 

That's probably more grooming already than all of New Hampshire last year - LOL

What does the other check mark mean.....  EcoSentier?

it shows a couple green lines near Cabano and Squatec

Edited by NH-Moose

7 minutes ago, NH-Moose said:

What does the other check mark mean.....  EcoSentier?

You got me, maybe "watch out for tree hugger zones?"

found this

http://ecosentier.ca/ecosentiermd-lindustrie-de-la-motoneige-fait-un-bond-vers-lavenir/

put it in google translate

Edited by iceman

Here...

Laval, Quebec, March 8, 2016 ─ It is with enthusiasm and pride that the Québec Federation of Snowmobile Clubs, Nature-Action Québec, the Quebec Wildlife Foundation and the Ministry of Transportation, Sustainable Mobility and Of the Québec Transportation Electrification today launched the ecoSentier® Environmental Certification Program for Snowmobile Trails. The event gathering several representatives of the snowmobile industry in Quebec was held at the Sheraton Laval in Laval.

The ecoSentier® certification program is an initiative of the Fédération des clubs de motoneigistes du Québec. It is voluntary and targets snowmobile clubs for the planning, development and maintenance of over 33,000 kilometers of snowmobile trails.

"Quebeckers are increasingly sensitive to environmental issues. It is with this in mind that we wanted to set up this certification program, which will not only make snowmobile clubs more efficient in terms of the environment, but also help them to develop standards and practices that Respond better to the new demands of Quebeckers, "says Denise Grenier, President of the Fédération des clubs de motoneigistes du Québec.

The ecoSentier® program aims to integrate all environmental concerns into a coordinated approach. In addition, since it relies on a ripple effect in the snowmobile industry, it is likely to have a real impact on the collective effort to protect biodiversity advocated by governments, particularly on Aquatic species designated as vulnerable or threatened.

The Quebec Federation of Snowmobile Clubs would like to congratulate Nature-Action Québec, at the forefront of their industry, as well as the Quebec Wildlife Foundation and the Ministry of Transportation, Sustainable Mobility and L'Électrification des transports du Québec, for having the audacity to finance this environmental initiative of hope. Details are available on the program's website at www.ecosentier.ca.