GPS Trail maps

Grassman24

• 2 weeks later...
On December 4, 2016 at 6:35 PM, Grassman24 said:

Looking for input on the best trail maps for a Garmin gps for Quebec. 

Look through the sticky thread at the top.

imontoneige is a no brainer to go along with your GPS receiver.  You can load Trakmaps easily including getting it on a flash memory card.  

There is a free map option too in the GPS thread.  Tilou et Biscuit. 

22 hours ago, M21 Local said:

If you have 4$ to spare you can download Imotoneige  , itˋs the FCMQ interactive map for your phone or tablet (android or apple).  It is supposed to work off line too.

You can download map to iBooks free from Fcmq website.  It works great. I no longer carry paper....just bring my ipad.

i read about an app being developed that uses the full potential of your iPhone acting as a gps without cell service.

that would be really cool if it comes to fruition.

On 12/14/2016 at 7:10 AM, Scranton1 said:

i read about an app being developed that uses the full potential of your iPhone acting as a gps without cell service.

One of the reasons why I have a Samsung phone.  Gps chip is sweet.

On 12/14/2016 at 7:10 AM, Scranton1 said:

You can download map to iBooks free from Fcmq website.  It works great. I no longer carry paper....just bring my ipad.

There is an app for your iPhone with New York State Trails that works without cell service

On December 14, 2016 at 7:10 AM, Scranton1 said:

iPhones have had GPS since the 3G. 

iMotoneige already works offline by simply pre-cacheing the area you are going to ride.  If you are out of cell service it will still show the maps you looked at previously (say at breakfast before hitting the the trail) with the trails and your location.  

15 hours ago, Scranton1 said:

U know what it's called?

The NY app is from nysnowmobilewebmap.com. Great online web map, app, and gps maps for NY. The app gives you turn nay turn directions. Also they are upgrading it and for a fee you can get grooming updates, trail conditions and see ethereal people using the app are riding the most. I use the garmin maps from them. I also have the app as backup.