Trail Permit Insurnace refund link

doo4adoo

Glenngo I could be wrong but I don't think if you are from the USA you can opt out of coverage. I believe it would be foolish anyway for $42.60! Let the Canadian insurance be primary and if needed your USA policy will be secondary.

1 hour ago, Phil 1 said:

Glenngo I could be wrong but I don't think if you are from the USA you can opt out of coverage. I believe it would be foolish anyway for $42.60! Let the Canadian insurance be primary and if needed your USA policy will be secondary.

X2, if anything bad should happen you will be glad you have the extra.

When ever I am asked about this by an American I tell them you are helping to subsidize the Quebecers snowmobile insurance plan.  Americans can not get the money for the insurance back.  I also tell the Americans they should be use to it as they have been spreading the wealth the past 8 years.  But things are about to change with the new Sheriff in Town.  For me it's no big deal.  Have a couple of Quebec Sodas less, aka beer.

I filled out the form on-line after talking to a person at the ins. co. She informed me that the refund is indeed available to US residents. It can take up to 30 days for refund to come back. 

Hank

10 hours ago, Snappy Hank said:

I filled out the form on-line after talking to a person at the ins. co. She informed me that the refund is indeed available to US residents. It can take up to 30 days for refund to come back. 

Hank

Let us know when you get the refund.

I was told that last year by FCMQ guys at the Toronto Show but that was not the case.  I have been told for many years that this was only for Canadian people, but that could have changed.   With most governments, once they get your money there is never a chance of getting it back.

Hank

I applied last year for it also, got the check shortly after. Just need to show proof that you have ins in US minimum of 500,000 liability. I will try to post picture of check when I receive it.

Hank