Lodging in Swisha

Mid Range

Jackstraw, the orange trail you are referring to has been upgraded to TQ 43......and I just got confirmation from Temiscamingue snowmobile club that it will be open this winter.

We stayed in RDJ once back in 2005..place was called Restaurant MM(If I recall correctly). They had rooms upstairs. I have no idea if they are still in business.

Not sure the name of the place but the guys name is Eithan  his number is 613-586-2300. There is a trail right to his place. He has a main lodge and cabins.He will cook breakfast and dinner if you call in advance. Prices are not too bad either. VERY nice people and a great place to stay. We have unloaded there a few times also. Just make sure you have a 4 wheel drive truck to get out . There is a big hill you need to go up.

Edited by wulsock1

11 hours ago, GT Rider said:

I think the gas station had an advertisement for a place to stay in town.

If you want to give them a call it is Lance's Convenience Phone # 613-586-2692.

Thanks Jim........they even have a website http://www.lancesconvenience.com/

9 hours ago, wulsock1 said:

Found it  Dumoine Valley Guides.

Thank you Wulsock, yeah that's the place I was talking about in my original post.

http://www.dumoinevalley.ca/

4 hours ago, gowser said:

You can stay in Rolphton Motel too which is right across the bridge in Ontario. Rooms and restaurant, gas station onsite.

Can you get there by sled coming in from the Québec side? lots of pavement?

I was looking at the ofsc map and it seems to be the case......I am not familiar with this area but I guess lots of people are crossing to both provinces in Rolphton-Swisha area?

I would not recommend going to the Ontario side. The bridge you have to cross is a steel grate. Carbides might not like it much. Even with wheels on the skies it would be tough. I don't think you will be disapointed with DumoinValley.

Edited by wulsock1

16 hours ago, gowser said:

You can stay in Rolphton Motel too which is right across the bridge in Ontario. Rooms and restaurant, gas station onsite.

I was going to suggest this place as Grumpy and I have stayed there many many moons ago, back in the ninetys. I wasn't sure if it's still open.

10 hours ago, wulsock1 said:

I would not recommend going to the Ontario side. The bridge you have to cross is a steel grate. Carbides might not like it much. Even with wheels on the skies it would be tough. I don't think you will be disapointed with DumoinValley.

We didn't use the bridge to cross, locals showed us a route across the river, north of the dam. Just ask around when you get there, it's a local thing.

I have crossed the bridge dozens of times not an issue, as my carbides were fine. There is usually lots of snow along the side of the road so its not a big deal. We ride out of Stonecliffe and do this ride a few times a year.

I remember that small town well. Had a seized crank bearing and got towed into the store lot. Begged for hours to get a local to take me and sled to North Bay. A 20 something guy comes flying into parking lot doing donuts in his truck and pulls up to pump, I am thinking great! this guy will do it for sure. I ask him, he says he can't. I question Why Not! He says he has no drivers license, HA! Finally a dude that we asked earlier came thru. He waited till the wiffy went to bed and snuck out. Paid him $200 and when we got to NB he went and blew it at the dance bar. Haha. What a day that was.