R TEAM

Scranton1

17 hours ago, Phil 1 said:

No BJ won't let me ride it imagine that. :)

How is your new ride compared to the viper?Nice to see that unbelieveable blue sky.People in the states just don't realize when you try to explain it!

Edited by NSHM

3 hours ago, NSHM said:

How is your new ride compared to the viper?Nice to see that unbelieveable blue sky.People in the states just don't realize when you try to explain it!

Can't compare the two the Ski Doo is so much better it's not a fair fight. Doo is smoother and handles 100% better. My Yamaha had a vibration from new that drove me crazy. Let me qualify that the Yamaha part was great the Arctic Cat part left a LOT to be desired. 

21 hours ago, Trailblazer said:

Son of a gun.....dam that looks good.

Phil........you get a chance to feel the pull on that 850?

Hi J G

B J made me ride the 850 today, of course it's stupid fast and light but the most impressive part is it's handling, it has the least ski lift of anything I've ever ridden and I've ridden a lot of different equipment. Now let's hope Doo drops that 900 Ace turbo in there I'll have one immediate the Gen 4 is really good. I cannot bring myself to buy a 2 stroke. 

Edited by Phil 1

1 minute ago, iceman said:

Where did you go today? 

Yes, the Viper is an Arctic Cat with a Yamaha heart, not a real Japan built Yamaha. Big difference. 

To each their own. 

Alma to roberval.   83 had a reroute near the lake that cost us some time.

returned on orange trail via st Andre and trails were fantastic.

dark at 4pm so not a ton of seat time.

nearly a 200 mile day

early season riding but the majority of trails are excellent 

Bonus Ride and much better than being in Easton.

19 minutes ago, Phil 1 said:

Hi J G

B J made me ride the 850 today, of course it's stupid fast and light but the most impressive part is it's handling, it has the least ski lift of anything I've ever ridden and I've ridden a lot of different equipment. Now let's hope Doo drops that 900 Ace turbo in there I'll have one immediate the Gen 4 is really good. I cannot bring myself to buy a 2 stroke. 

850 is ridiculous

fun factor is over the top

cant build a better machine in my biased opinion.

a fair comparison will have to wait till April 

my last 2 stroke blew up in matagami

1000 dollar taxi ride.  A 2 stroke could throw a big pile of shit in your face quick.

21 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

Great to see the pics and you guys on the snow,  we are all glued this week to hear 850 reports!  Enjoy RR

RR it's like Christmas a few days early. Struggling to upload pix. 😢

16 hours ago, Scranton1 said:

850 is ridiculous

fun factor is over the top

cant build a better machine in my biased opinion.

a fair comparison will have to wait till April 

my last 2 stroke blew up in matagami

1000 dollar taxi ride.  A 2 stroke could throw a big pile of shit in your face quick.

Great pics and report guys. Making the rest of us jealous for sure! Very good conditions for pre-January.

Definitely more likely to have a problem with a 2 stroke - primarily because of the fuel issues. With the stingy oiling, AND the possible problems from bad fuel, I just don't see these as competitors with 4 strokes for high miles. That being said, ANY of them can self destruct and leave you stranded. Sooo much to possibly go wrong in nearly all of the new sleds - mostly electrical.

16 hours ago, Scranton1 said:

I found that if you print screen the photos they upload more consistently although it increases their size......

FYI for future reference

IMG_0363.PNG

IMG_0364.PNG

IMG_0365.PNG

IMG_0366.PNG

Oh you guys are making me so jealous, happy trails boyZ.

Scranton 1

I'm an IPhone user and I found that trying to post pics direct from the phone to the NEW site is a complete waste of time. The pics are not resized and are uploaded at their original size and in most cases are too large for the upload. A quick fix I found to that and it's a teadeast one I tell you, email them to yourself and prior to sending the phone asks you to resize them for the send and gives a few optional sizes, working for me. Then save from inbox to camera roll and voila you got pics in a sizeable state for the NEW QR upload. Pain in the a$$ if you ask me. 

Pictorial 101 in progress

Edited by Trailblazer

13 hours ago, Trailblazer said:

Oh you guys are killing me, go home!

OK JG

We are home :( Good shakedown... Sitting on the trailer in the sun relaxing and drying off for the next adventure.

I am very pleased with big orange so far, stay tuned.

5 hours ago, RoadRunner said:

Scant and Phil, Conditions look great, thank you again for sharing your trip.  we plan to stomp around the Chaudierre and Bas St Laurent areas next week, leaving Monday.  When is your next trip?

Merry Christmas

Think Snow

RR

RR

We think it will be around 1/15 going to wait to see what area receives more to snow to choose a destination. Had a fun three days, the 23 from Herbertville to St Ray   was exceptional yesterday 4 - 6 + new snow on a good base some places it was wind blown and a lot deeper.

Dec 16 home from QC.JPG