la cache !!!!

groomer

hi all !!!

good news !!! 

just read on the french forum that la cache has been sold to the indian council of the mic mac reserve in maria !!!

first time i read about that !!! the guy wrote...'' i THINK it ll be open this season ''....and he said the logging camp has been moved !!!

just need to be confirmed at 100 %

jean-guy

02 03 14 084.jpg

1 hour ago, NSHM said:

I did see on my new map in that area that it showed gas there and was wondering if it was correct.It would be nice to be able to stop in for gas, soup and a biere on the way thru!

hi nshm !!!

would be nice for sure !!

friend of mine he s a trucker on the logging road, i ll try to see him if he can confirm that !!!

jean-guy

14 hours ago, timbo said:

That would be great, JG!!

hi timbo !!!

called my friend a few mins ago, well , i guess we ll have to wait for confirmation !!!

he was nt aware that  la cache has been sold ,they are trucking in an another area !!!

he told me that the logging camp (trailers ) have been moved at the forestry school , 2 miles higher from where i turn around grooming local trail for ste marguerite !!

also ,logging road is plowed up to the 92 km .....faribault camp is at the 93 km !!!

on the map ...at the 41 miles...where the road split for la cache or faribault ......41 ...46 ...bridge of 50 and up !!!

he ll try to find info !!!

jean-guy

faribault 2.jpg

Edited by groomer

• 2 weeks later...

Mainerenegade, we had to up 595 to 5 then towards Matane then we took the local trail to Grosses Roches for fuel, it is 7 miles off the trail but we had no choice, it is about 140 miles from Murdocville

Les Mechins is a little closer but also off the TQ5, you can turn east and gas in Cap Chat but you still need a range of 120-130 miles.....Or extra gas.  With most new sleds this distance is doable but you have to ride from the pumps planning gas conserving driving.  I would not recommend trying without spare gas if you have to break any amount of trail. 

I drove my 1200, and a buddy rode a 800 ETEC from Murdochville, through La Cache to St Paulin, then to LA Machins for gas Saturday.  It was 140 miles and both sleds took about 33 liters of gas!  That said we had excellent conditions with freshly groomed trails the whole way. 

• 2 weeks later...