la cache !!!!

groomer

Snowmobilers who venture into the Gaspésie trails will be able to refuel at the Relais de la Cache located on Route 299, halfway between Sainte-Anne-des-Monts and New-Richmond.

From January 20 until April 2, snowmobilers will have access to the gas station at Relais de la Cache between 9 am and 5:30 pm "The goal was to avoid a break in services at one location Hinge for snowmobilers. Le Relais is located in the heart of the most popular trails in the region, "explains Richard Marin, SADC general manager of Haute-Gaspésie, who oversaw the project from the beginning. A tripartite agreement to this end was recently concluded between the new owner of the Relais, the Micmac community of Gesgapegiag with the SADC of Haute-Gaspésie and the Association of snowmobile clubs of the Gaspésie.

Since the beginning of the snowmobile trail project in the Gaspé Peninsula, Richard Marin has stated that the Relais de la Cache is a must for snowmobilers for a number of reasons. "There is all the safety aspect because it is an isolated area and there are also the economic benefits for local businesses that benefit from the presence of snowmobilers. "

Publicity
 Le Relais de la Cache again accessible to snowmobilers
After a good blow of blower, the gas pump will be functional again.
Photo TC Media - Frédéric Durand
Although the gas station is operational throughout the winter, it is important to note that there will be no accommodation or catering at the Relais de la Cache. The Mi'kmaq community is planning to work there in 2017. Thus, a trailer will be built on site for the employees who will operate the gas station. These are two full-time jobs for a ten-week period that have been created.

Richard Marin underlined that the opening of the gas station this winter was made possible thanks to a regional consultation effort. "If all the negotiations were going on like the ones we had with the Mi'kmaq community, that would be ideal. We had excellent cooperation. "

It adds the financial cooperation of the SADCs of Gaspé, Rocher-Percé, Matane and Baie-des-Chaleurs, as well as the CLD of Haute-Gaspésie and the MRC de la Matanie and the Association of Snowmobile Clubs of the Gaspésie. The Federation of Snowmobile Clubs of Quebec also acted as a logistics partner.

Thank you for that update. We hope to hit this trail in early March.

We were making plans not to go on this trail because of the uncertainty of fuel.

This will be back on our list.

Good news. Conditions on this trail change quickly so gas is very important.

It is one of the nicest trails for scenery so I hope they keep up with the gas!

• 10 months later...

I was by La Cache this summer, they were putting new siding on. Glad to hear they are open.  La cache a is very strategic gas stop.  Most sleds now can make the 120 miles through without stopping in the middle in La Cache for gas, however if you run into fresh powder most would also be in trouble.

Haha, yes the only 1 Star I have seen too.  One of those iconic Quebec stops for sure.  I have been very happy many time to pull in the yard and get a hot bowl of soup on a cold day many times.  Always got a kick out of the old guy that came out to gas up the sleds and write the amount on a scrap of paper.

I always loved this place one of the best night stays I ever had was at La Cache we stayed there with a couple from Nova Scotia and the owner treated us all like gold and was actually an excellent cook , sorry that he sold it if I recall he also had a restaurant down along the coast near Maria maybe I don’t remember. I hope the new owner will be as gracious 

67C0C14E-92A3-4A50-BBBB-C81DC843A899.jpeg

Edited by Pipeman

• 3 weeks later...