Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

16 hours ago, scorpionbowl said:

You may have better luck if you put that on a bottle of red wine instead of milk…

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2022_06/Bottle.jpg.8ce15bc8e6829a40f791975169263f7f.jpg

If you've seen me; call 1-888-Quebec-Rider

Bottle.jpg

bonjour a tous !!!

some could qualify for '' just for laughs '' here !!!

sorry for the long wait ...

well , i wanted to take a break.....i got bored in april driving always the same roads to take pics....

then , i realized that i could  nt leave home with my 4w to go riding on the z e c ...there was 2 entrances for my street , one has been closed....the one closed was the one i was using to go in the woods

complaint from a person in town ....or bs between 2.....

so, now i must carry my 4w with my truck for 2 miles in town ....then go riding...i did it so many times for the dealership ...sick and tired to load and unload..i rode 3 rides...about 225 miles ...so, not much pics

took my last ride 3 or 4 weeks ago ....no camp yet ....my pics average is on the way down....

saw friends last night and they told me that its time to cut the grass....

then , my boss surprised me....im doing '' commercial thinning '' with chainsaw...never expected that ....tough for my back ....tbk !!!....still not 100% shape...ahaha

....and so-so weather....

friend of mine works on park matane....still some spots of snow...as of last week...

yesterday was '' la st jean baptiste ''...so, inauguration of the new bridge in town......took a few pics

beside that , very quiet 

everything liquid is more expensive now.......gas , beer and wine ...

gas went up to 2 24... 2 weeks ago....friend of mine works for h-q ....he went to manic  5 dam about 1 month ago.....2 45 l

so , thats  about it !!!

jean-guy

linda f5.jpg

linda f9.jpg

linda f23.jpg

linda f37.jpg

DSC_8686.JPG

DSC_8804.JPG

DSC_8914.JPG

DSC_8890.JPG

DSC_8888.JPG

DSC_8870.JPG

Good to see you back.  Commercial Thin to start the year tough.  Hopefully it isn't too limby.  Gas is a killer for sure,  everyone is effected by the prices.

Could you go out your road,  up the shoulder of the 132 to the sawmill, then travel in the TLR or would you get hassled?

5 hours ago, smclelan said:

Good to see you back.  Commercial Thin to start the year tough.  Hopefully it isn't too limby.  Gas is a killer for sure,  everyone is effected by the prices.

Could you go out your road,  up the shoulder of the 132 to the sawmill, then travel in the TLR or would you get hassled?

hi smclelan !!!

thx...yaaa....rough ...don t have much room to work...

gas down to 2 11 ...saw that today ....yaaa...not too funny !!!

some ride along the sidewalk....don t like that much...i could do that ....to the grocery up tp the auberge.....or higher toward ste marguerite....i could use the old logging rd behind the first gas station when you come from ns....i don t need to go to the mills

i don t like to put garlands on my 4w.....my plate is in truck ...i won t drill holes to install it on my 4w...hate to carry papers...driver licences ...insurances...etc...no thx

it ll be rock 'n roll tomorrow.....31 c today ...and it ll be monday ...ahaha

jean-guy

DSC_1227.JPG

linda f38.jpg

DSC_8501.JPG

johanne.jpg

linda f29.jpg

DSC_1346.JPG

DSC_1412.JPG

DSC_8430.JPG

36 minutes ago, smclelan said:

OK, thought the one up behind the first gas station was the road they closed on you.

I am guessing from the photo they are spraying Budworm again  

Nice night shots of the bridge inauguration 

no....yes, spraying for budworms last sunday morning ....flying behind the mill and next to shortcut for clubhouse

last wednesday ...at least 2 planes spraying somewhere next to my camp ....could hear them from work...coming from matane i guess

2 helicopters....airport in town ...one came last week next to my work and turning around over my truck...could see pilot making u-turns and donuts !!!

merci 

jean-guy

DSC_1547.JPG

DSC_1521.JPG

DSC_1524.JPG

DSC_1542.JPG

DSC_1260.JPG

On 6/23/2022 at 10:11 AM, MrGutz said:

I just have to compliment this creation! And the milk one for sure!! Love it! It's nice to know you're wanted for sure. 

22 hours ago, groomer said:

hi smclelan !!!

thx...yaaa....rough ...don t have much room to work...

gas down to 2 11 ...saw that today ....yaaa...not too funny !!!

some ride along the sidewalk....don t like that much...i could do that ....to the grocery up tp the auberge.....or higher toward ste marguerite....i could use the old logging rd behind the first gas station when you come from ns....i don t need to go to the mills

i don t like to put garlands on my 4w.....my plate is in truck ...i won t drill holes to install it on my 4w...hate to carry papers...driver licences ...insurances...etc...no thx

it ll be rock 'n roll tomorrow.....31 c today ...and it ll be monday ...ahaha

jean-guy

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2022_06/DSC_8430.thumb.JPG.8a59855cf662343af7065cdafc729c70.JPG

Ouch! I guess the 2x2 construction just couldn't  hold the new roof and the snow.

1 hour ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Ouch! I guess the 2x2 construction just couldn't  hold the new roof and the snow.

bonsoir piston lake cruiser !!!

if you look closely ...i guess its more the upper section of the trailer who could nt support the weight of everything .

the owner made a big mistake.....between the trees and no wind at all ...about 15 miles from my camp ....my  biggest ride ...about 100 miles

pics taken june  2 nd....

jean-guy

DSC_8440.JPG

DSC_8433.JPG

DSC_8453.JPG

DSC_8489.JPG

DSC_8521.JPG

DSC_8562.JPG

21 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

Wanted, needed, appreciated! For sure 100%!

JG is Emotional Wellness Coach & Counselor to many-many-many!

bonjour playhard !!!

great thx...very appreciated....

spent the weekend in town ....in the morning went to the falls...to see salmons ...no luck ...only 1 jumping ...

then up the small falls and the marsh ...

spent the night outside taking pics of sunset and then , looking like a tourist ...i went back to the new bridge and the '' forks '' for some night pics !!!

enjoy !!!

jean-guy

denise  6.jpg

denise  8.jpg

denise 5.jpg

denise  18.jpg

denise 3.jpg

denise  10.jpg

denise 9.jpg

denise 21.jpg

denise 14.jpg

denise 24.jpg

denise 19.jpg

denise 15.jpg

18 hours ago, groomer said:

then , looking like a tourist ...

Merci! Thank you for bringing back fond memories of an AWESOME tour guide (and philosopher)! Marceea shared, no matter how near or far:

“The difference between a Tourist, and a Traveler?”... “The nature of our passage is determined by the quality of our attitude”

Edited by PLAYHARD

bonsoir playhard and gutz !!!

like that  !!!....thx.........The difference between a Tourist, and a Traveler?”... “The nature of our passage is determined by the quality of our attitude”....great thinking !!!

nice weather today ...sunny and windy ....late september weather day...

must have been bumpy crossing to cote nord today on the st lawrence!!!...ahaah

well , thx for the signature.....funny ,made me think of when the dealership was i my street .....my signature was so bad....'' doctor style ''...lawyer ''etc.....when guys from transport compagnies were delivering at the dealership.....they asked me to stop signing the bills.....nobody could read it !!!...at least 3 compagnies

....and the girls at the z e c office scratched their heads a long time before knowing who was signing when i was  registring  at the zec office

and about signature...ive been told often to put my name on my pics......last may or early june ...found out that someone was using my own pics to make his own publicity about sledding !!!

and '' jaws '' spent the weekend in town !!! its a first ...ahhaah

i took pics for the non-believers !!!😀

jean-guy

jaws 5.jpg

jaws 4.jpg

jaws 3.jpg

jaws.jpg

jaws 2.jpg

bonjour !!!

went to my camp yesterday morning to cut the grass.....a bout 3 miles before , a little bridge.....i noticed the water was brown...so , i thought someone worked during the night...then , i noticed a castor...about 40' away...started to take pics...then , after a few mins ....i realized that he never clapped his tail on the water...

kept taking pics and looking at him riding....something was wrong ....he was riding in a little circle ..just like a needle on a clock and going under water for a few seconds...looks like he was stuck ...

spent almost half an hr there....then he tried to .'' escape '' and i saw that he had something on his tail.....a trap ...

someone forgot his trap there i guess....late afternoon ,when i passed there....it was 29c....he was in the sunshine ...no shade at all...jumping in the water time to time...

well ,cutting my grass was nt a success....after 10 mins...blew an axle and a flat tire...ahaha...

took a short 4w ride....harvesting trees everywhere....they still have another year to cut on the z e c ...talked with a guy doing his maintenance on his machine

jean-guy

cas 3.jpg

cas 4.jpg

cas 5.jpg

cas 6.jpg

cas 7.jpg

cas 11.jpg

cas 12.jpg

DSC_9949.JPG

DSC_9950.JPG

DSC_9952.JPG

DSC_9963.JPG

DSC_9972.JPG

DSC_9975.JPG

DSC_9983.JPG

DSC_9988.JPG

DSC_9957.JPG

DSC_9959.JPG

DSC_9994.JPG

bonjour !!!

friend just sent me that pic from the camp !!!

went down to routhierville this afternoon .....seldom i hear about that ....on my way back in town ....tornado warning for n-e nb and lac humqui area on the radio...

then ,one of my sisters landed home...she took a pic of a strange cloud at 22 miles on logging rd !!!

jean-guy

BLACK BEAR.jpg

21 hours ago, groomer said:

bonjour !!!

friend just sent me that pic from the camp !!!

went down to routhierville this afternoon .....seldom i hear about that ....on my way back in town ....tornado warning for n-e nb and lac humqui area on the radio...

then ,one of my sisters landed home...she took a pic of a strange cloud at 22 miles on logging rd !!!

jean-guy

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2022_07/579374269_BLACKBEAR.thumb.jpg.3ef261cb8884737bffcc728f184c7595.jpg

He's standing on the Salt Lick!

hahaha.... This is mine, if you dont like it..... come knock me off!!!

GutZ

3 hours ago, MrGutz said:

He's standing on the Salt Lick!

hahaha.... This is mine, if you dont like it..... come knock me off!!!

GutZ

bonsoir gutz !!!

hahaahh...right !!!....go first to tell him and  i ll take  pics...could be funny !!! hahah

when i started riding in may .....on the main rd....1.5 miles to the right ....z e c installed a spot for bear hunting ....might see a few more of them around the camp.

still not funny weather...today , probably the toughest at work .....very humid !!!

jean-guy

gutz 1.jpg

gutz 2.jpg

gutz 3.jpg

DSC_0122.JPG

DSC_0128.JPG

DSC_0147.JPG

9 minutes ago, smclelan said:

Looking close at your pictures of the salt lick.  Looks to be lots of grey, dead trees right there.  Is that the lick close to the cabin?

bonsoir smclelan !!!

yaaa...lots of grey .....mostly dead in the driveway coming in into the yard of the camp..

no...if you remember....from camp...up the hill , turn right....turn right again ,and straight for the next intersection .

pics taken yesterday ...guy from nouvelle or st omer....

jean-guy

mt al 1.jpg

mt al 2.jpg

mt al 3.jpg

bonjour !!!

back from my camp ...went up this morning to cut the grass and i took a 60 miles ride with my 4w....

lots of tree harvesting ....on my way back ...3 miles before camp....noticed a gold / brown spot on the road...coyote....just too bad ..about 250' away ...family i guess...saw 4 in less than 3 mins...no luck for as good pic...

jean-guy

DSC_0164.JPG

DSC_0165.JPG

DSC_0171.JPG

DSC_0178.JPG

DSC_0187.JPG

DSC_0195.JPG

DSC_0204.JPG

DSC_0210.JPG

DSC_0220.JPG

DSC_0232.JPG

DSC_0233.JPG