Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

21 hours ago, Je me souviens said:

JG I miss your photography, I bet the site has less traffic when you are not active.  Keep the pics coming…..please.

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2022_08/6F741223-E4FE-4AE7-A617-86A6E4DD956E.thumb.jpeg.4a6259c91b16b65c90bff26b7fc23221.jpeg

bonsoir je me souviens !!!

tough to post pics when i don t take too many .....i have nt spent a weekend at my camp yet ....i only go to cut the grass...hot and humid summer here...

if not too late tomorrow... i might go to spend my first weekend ...must go absolutely to amqui in the afternoon ....

the excavator you see on the other post ...its a brush cutter ...it was parked about 5 miles from my camp .....road should be cleaned very wide for 6 -7 miles...

summer  22 , very strange one....

here s a few few pics from last summer

jean-guy

michel 11.jpg

michel 12.jpg

michel 13.jpg

michel 14.jpg

very sorry ....forgot to comment on your pics...i was chatting with my sister....ahahhaha

very nice...and i guess its in your back yard....you lucky !!!

wish this could happen at my house !!!

thx for sharing !!!

jean-guy 

louise 44.jpg

louise 46.jpg

Thank you.  We can trade for hunting season if you want to.  I eat deer, just don’t hunt them.  I would like to run the back roads around your place for a couple weeks, fall would be perfect time to bring the bat mobile up to la coulee verte.

EF941306-9BAD-4865-A4EB-749235F093A1.jpeg

36 minutes ago, Je me souviens said:

Thank you.  We can trade for hunting season if you want to.  I eat deer, just don’t hunt them.  I would like to run the back roads around your place for a couple weeks, fall would be perfect time to bring the bat mobile up to la coulee verte.

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2022_08/EF941306-9BAD-4865-A4EB-749235F093A1.thumb.jpeg.6c083b6ae128dcc0aa210d41e20f8d0e.jpeg

hahah...

you must take in consideration that people around here take their hunting very seriously...

during moose hunting , i don t use my 4w.....only next to camp...about 2 miles....

there s hunters everywhere...don t know much about deer hunting ...

best time to come...maybe between the  2 hunts or after deer hunting ...could be late a bit 

there s tons of roads to ride...just too bad...can t ride park matane or duniere reserve....nice scenery there...

jean-guy

louise 46.jpg

louise 47.jpg

That little guy looks like a real prick…

Pic is from the old port in Montreal, that guy was having a bad day.  When we came back a couple hours later the divers were in the water inflating air bags.  I think that recovery might cost more by the hour than having a sled brought back from the bush….not by much though 

8E05D151-30F5-4671-9EE4-4235B3321372.jpeg

6F3E35DC-F1D4-4456-864F-C4ECF9E244E3.jpeg

1 hour ago, Je me souviens said:

That little guy looks like a real prick…

Pic is from the old port in Montreal, that guy was having a bad day.  When we came back a couple hours later the divers were in the water inflating air bags.  I think that recovery might cost more by the hour than having a sled brought back from the bush….not by much though 

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2022_08/8E05D151-30F5-4671-9EE4-4235B3321372.thumb.jpeg.b6601fba991a71e78fe5d8c4ce5e25a5.jpeg

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2022_08/6F3E35DC-F1D4-4456-864F-C4ECF9E244E3.thumb.jpeg.abc82ccc42c7898b62cc557dda00c18b.jpeg

bonjour !!!

woowww...those recovery guys must not work for free....

mtl drivers...hahaaha

cooler temps in the morning .....

i took a few mins on my way up to work ...i stopped at my first job .....to check if the guy was done with hauling my wood to the road......can t tell...

i ve been blessed this morning with work ...i worked a few seconds next to a huge black bees nest....very lucky...there was heavy traffic around the nest 

jean-guy

DSC_0304.JPG

DSC_0307.JPG

DSC_0310.JPG

DSC_0313.JPG

DSC_0315.JPG

18 hours ago, smclelan said:

That looks like and old two grip Rottnee converted to a forwarder. What happened to the old F4 Dion that hauled your wood before. Nice looking pile of wood, a lot of tough days to make that.

bonjour smclelan !!!

forgot about the brand name...but start with the letter '' v ''.....from sweden

guy from amqui ...operator looks like a great person ...but the owner need to invest ....

waiting for a new set of tracks...6500.00$$ + freight ...3500.00$$

operator waste his time welding cleats....

back from camp ...went to cut grass.....vision on the road is a lot wider....nice....brushcutter is less than 2 miles from the old beaver dam ,before orange camp..

took a pic of our brand new lawn mower...already'' smoking ''...tbk...ahaha

saw  2 moose...32 c when i left camp

almost forgot....the f - 4 dion guy retired from business 2-3 years ago.....

jean-guy

DSC_0335.JPG

DSC_0339.JPG

DSC_0345.JPG

DSC_0357.JPG

DSC_0361.JPG

DSC_0375.JPG

DSC_0377.JPG

DSC_0394.JPG

DSC_0402.JPG

DSC_0412.JPG

DSC_0426.JPG

DSC_0452.JPG

DSC_0463.JPG

DSC_2832.JPG

21 minutes ago, smclelan said:

Vimek maybe??

That is brutal the picture of the trees killed by Budworm!

yaaa...you re right...forgot to check last night...just checked...

budworm pic......1.5 miles before camp....just before the sharp corner...and not the worse place..yaaa...very brutal

just back from the back roads...wanted to go to the bridge next to falls...but started raining ...

jean-guy

DSC_0467.JPG

DSC_0470.JPG

DSC_0472.JPG

DSC_2878.JPG

DSC_2881.JPG

DSC_2886.JPG

DSC_2913.JPG

bonsoir !!!

few pics from last few days....

bird nest ...at work ...

bees nest ...at work this morning ...and caught anothe rone this afternoon...moved to ste marguerite late this morning....just next to tq 5...for those who did nt know...tq  5 has been moved on the south side of the village...like the old one when i started grooming ...

nice clouds just before leaving work today ....im right at the stop sign ...on the other side of the road

nice sunrise , monday morning , i think !!!

jean-guy

bird 9.jpg

bird 8.jpg

bird 7.jpg

bird 5.jpg

bird 2.jpg

bird  4.jpg

bird  3.jpg

bird 10.jpg

bird.jpg

remax 4.jpg

DSC_0530.JPG

1 hour ago, smclelan said:

Great pictures as always Jean Guy.

thx smclelan !!!

i probably missed a nice sunset tonight...just looking by the window ..

10 mins before ending work at the first place....bees nest on the ground....then at the other place after lunch ....second  tank of gas...another one...

plenty of friends for lunch ....black flies festival...ahaha

jean-guy

DSC_3144.JPG

work.jpg

Not nearly as fancy or powerful as the brush cutter clearing your camp road Jean Guy. However the bushes on the road to my cabin are not near as heavy.  An enjoyable way to spend they day. About 3km from the pavement to the lake. Took 3 passes each side, a big T bone with mushrooms/ onions, and not sure yet how many beer to complete this job. 

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2022_08/20220813_131231.thumb.jpg.50e6281a6b29ffa1aabda39617de2c7b.jpghttp://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2022_08/20220813_094127.thumb.jpg.3e141d651252ce57aac9bc95fc351c8a.jpg

13 hours ago, smclelan said:

Not nearly as fancy or powerful as the brush cutter clearing your camp road Jean Guy. However the bushes on the road to my cabin are not near as heavy.  An enjoyable way to spend they day. About 3km from the pavement to the lake. Took 3 passes each side, a big T bone with mushrooms/ onions, and not sure yet how many beer to complete this job. 

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2022_08/20220813_131231.thumb.jpg.50e6281a6b29ffa1aabda39617de2c7b.jpghttp://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2022_08/20220813_094127.thumb.jpg.3e141d651252ce57aac9bc95fc351c8a.jpg

hahaha.....good morning smclelan !!!

at least easier than me.....need to that at my camp....at a few places....alders almost touch the mirrors...from little bridge to camp...road is getting narrower...

put that little tractor on the freight train and tell the conductor to dump it in front of house !!!nice little machine

i had friends from australia at the lake friday night...great to see them ...

only 2 moose...yesterday morning

jean-guy

linda 104.jpg

linda 107.jpg

linda 111.jpg

linda 114.jpg

linda 113.jpg

linda 112.jpg

DSC_0778.JPG

DSC_0803.JPG

DSC_0850.JPG

DSC_0882.JPG

DSC_0907.JPG

DSC_0889.JPG

linda 102.jpg

linda 103.jpg

linda 109.jpg

DSC_0959.JPG

DSC_0951.JPG

linda 105.jpg

linda 106.jpg

DSC_0926.JPG

DSC_0937.JPG

45 minutes ago, smclelan said:

Great pictures as always.

Very happy to see you have started to watermark/signature your pictures.  You put an incredible amount of time and effort into your photography, no one else should try to take the credit.  

thx....yaaa...im happy about that ....about time...

there s always a few '' sharks '' on the net ...

saw a few pics of mt albert last week....still patches of snow....

i forgot to mention last week.....friday morning at work....when i take a break ...always try to stop near a stump...so , i have my front row seat ....

so, after second tank of gas.....sat on a stump.....took a cake in my backpack ......then.....bzzz...bzzz...bzzz.

there was a bees nest on the side of the stump ....but underground...next to a root ...ive been lucky...aahaha

jean-guy

work.jpg

bonsoir !!!

yesterday morning , half a mile work ....

another bees nest today !!!

a bit of rain late afternoon and  i could see far away ....thunderstorm around st fidele cb ....so , went i left work , i could see  2 clouds of fog...i guess assemetquagan river was just under !!!

checked on google earth .....8 miles away 

jean-guy

che 1.jpg

che 3.jpg

che 4.jpg

che 5.jpg

che 2.jpg

On 8/5/2022 at 12:54 PM, groomer said:

bonjour !!!

woowww...those recovery guys must not work for free....

mtl drivers...hahaaha

cooler temps in the morning .....

i took a few mins on my way up to work ...i stopped at my first job .....to check if the guy was done with hauling my wood to the road......can t tell...

i ve been blessed this morning with work ...i worked a few seconds next to a huge black bees nest....very lucky...there was heavy traffic around the nest 

jean-guy

Lucky indeed! What you call Black bees ,we call white faced hornets. They are no joke!

You have been seeing lots of nests very low or on the ground. Old saying is the higher the nests the deeper the snow. Hope it's wrong.

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2022_08/image.png.06e5184f64ae8545fd430ec6d35e9c84.png

image.png

8 hours ago, NSHM said:

bonsoir nshm !!!

lucky this summer so far ...since  i moved next to tq 5....saw  4 ....all on the ground...

but i don t believe much the old saying ....the lower they are... i think we have more snow...hahaa

did nt check ...can t remember if  i said that ...1 week ago ....when i take a break , always sit on a stump...if possible....checked in my bag for a brownies...ten ...bzzzz...bzzzz....there was a nest on the side of the stump

no bites yet ...

around  3 pm ....t-storm around st fidele cb ...sky was very black...

so , when i left .....could see the fog on the assemetquagan river...on the pic ....the mountain just off the middle on the right ....must be hill with antlers !!!

just too bad , i had only my wide angle lens...can see the fog on the pic.....8 miles away 

jean-guy

work 44.jpg

DSC_1152.JPG