Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

Groomer,

Thanks for the info. Once I have set dates for the trip I will let you know. I am thinking that the first week of March might be the time. I want to wait for snow on the shore side so we can do the loop around the outside.

Thanks

Bob

you re welcome bob !!

freezing rain did nt hurt much this morning.buuuut might have rain for tomorrow .

a guy from carleton ( 90 miles east ) posted on the french forum that it was snowing heavily there this morning .nothing here this afternoon ,but the sky still grey .-5 c.

saw those pics on the french forum ,a guy from a little village west from here took those pics on the ''radar '' last week end .

groomer !!!

one of his brothers ''bébine '' is a director for the club in amqui and ''ti-hue '' is a mechanic at the cat dealer in amqui.i used to see those guys often ,but since i started grooming back in 00 ,i don t go to often to amqui.only to see my dad.

bebine...ti-hue...raisin where do these nick names come from Groomer :lol: ,i guess number 1 is not that bad after all.

JG

Hi Jean Guy

What did this crazy weather bring to your neck of the woods this morning? Here in Moncton we had very high winds and rain all night. It took the majority of the snow here at home not sure about the high country south of here or northern NB.

Andy

ha !! ha !!

well , i really don t know :D .i have nt seen those guys in a few years .forgot ,another brother is ''bertha '' .ha !! ha !!

just back from a ride around town ,still too foggy to see the ''damages '' and roads are on ice .will go back this afternoon .

rained last night and it has been windy .a bit of blue sky on the side .

groomer !!!

few pics from this morning .looks not too bad right now .trails are very soft tho !!

saved at least the rain for now ,just a few drops this morning .0 c , and still cloudy .

took a few pics on the albertville side ,first 6 and the rest is on my side ,just outside town.

groomer !!!

back from grooming ,started at 5 am and done at 4 30 pm.well ,weatherman was '' off the trail '' with last storm prediction.we were supposed to have close to a foot ,if we got 3 '' ,very good .weatherman , should slow down on wine for a while !!! ha !! ha !! most of it has been blown away by the wind .

trail is very hard packed ,but it has been windy like hell all day long ,even at the st fidele cb.

a guy from paspebiac posted on the french forum ,there was 8 '' of fresh there .

groomer !!!

Hi Jean Guy

What did this crazy weather bring to your neck of the woods this morning? Here in Moncton we had very high winds and rain all night. It took the majority of the snow here at home not sure about the high country south of here or northern NB.

Andy

Hi Andy

Sorry i couldn't respond earlier than now, but work got the best of me this week.

Monday it rained like a bugger all day, had +11 degrees too, lost all the snow on the lakes and all of our trails withered away. We're waiting for new snow, sure do miss leaving from the back yard now we have to trailer minimum two hours to reach the white gold to ride.

Track side down buddy

JG

Does anybody have directions or GPS coordinates to this heavenly mountain? Thanks

you re welcome bob !!

freezing rain did nt hurt much this morning.buuuut might have rain for tomorrow .

a guy from carleton ( 90 miles east ) posted on the french forum that it was snowing heavily there this morning .nothing here this afternoon ,but the sky still grey .-5 c.

saw those pics on the french forum ,a guy from a little village west from here took those pics on the ''radar '' last week end .

groomer !!!

back from the clubhouse ,went to meet eddieskidoo and skidoo420 .thanks guys for taking time to stop in albertville .it has been a pleasure to meet you again .

they were arriving from cross point and on their way to matane .

fyi ,it s -16 c .sunny day but windy .

groomer !!! :drinks:

back from the clubhouse ,went to meet eddieskidoo and skidoo420 .thanks guys for taking time to stop in albertville .it has been a pleasure to meet you again .

they were arriving from cross point and on their way to matane .

fyi ,it s -16 c .sunny day but windy .

groomer !!! :drinks:

hi brian !!

glad to hear from you !! well ,about doing the loop ,better forget about it for now .cross point is 50 miles east from here and from there to gaspé there s no snow or not enough yet to groom .

last monday i think ,saw a reportage about carleton ,they still on grass or on ice in that area .south side of the gaspesie ,there s no snow on tq 5 .

they had some last week ,but last week end it has been so windy ,they have lost most of their snow near the sea.if i remember well ,trail 595 near new richmond ,they begin their grooming run at the ski center just outside town.

north side .no problems .matane ,ste anne des monts ,mont st pierre, murdochville and maybe up to riviere au renard .la cache in the middle of the gaspesie (trail 595 ) ,no problems .

i ll be on tq 5 tomorrow morning .

sunny all day here ,- 17 c and windy right now

groomer !!!

went to the clubhouse this morning and according to some locals ,looks like i missed '' yellow boots ''.if some of you know him , just say hello to him for me !!

thanks !!

groomer !!!

I heard of the legend of "yellow boots" how about a pic of that. :clapping:

hi viper 2 !!

here s a pic of mr casey back on feb 7-06.i met or saw him 3-4 times in the last 20 years i guess.one of my brothers talked many times with him .

groomer !!!

So one wears yellow boots and the other wears yellow gloves!!!! I see the weather service is calling for up to 15cm of snow by Tuesday are you seeing any of that? Also 3 of us rode through your area around the 15th of Jan. and all trails near your club were outstanding!! Thanks for all your hard work!!

Edited by Snowbound

hi snowbound !!

thank you very much, but if i compare with last season ,i must be close to 100 hrs less of grooming .i m roughly around 240 hrs for this season.

about the snow, i heard about that on the radio this morning .but just checked the forecast from the mont joli airport (55 miles west ) and we should have a bit everyday til thursday .i ll see later.

temps are mild today .almost 0 c around noon and - 2 c right now .

pics from last friday on tq 5 .fixed a minor problem today ,i had a strange noise last saturday grooming a local trail .

groomer !!!

went grooming tq 5 + a local trail .still very low traffic .on my way back , about 2 miles west of ste marguerite ,talked with 2 guys from nova scotia . from the ''valley '' .one of them was a groomer operator and with a surtrac too !!!must be spies (ha !! ha !!),they were taking pics of the passenger cab and the front end of the hood.

great day for riding ,but a bit warm tho .stopped for a coffe in ste marguerite around noon and it was -2c in the shade.

about 2 miles before the end of my run ,there was a ''patroller '' on the trail !!! :D

groomer !!!