Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

ha !!! ha !!! ha !!!!

i ll be here to post things about weather ,trail conditions ,grooming and other news about the gaspesie !!!

hoping to help some members !!!

groomer !!! :drinks:

Edited by smclelan

few pics from this week end!!! saw the bull last night .yesterday i was talking with a friend and they ve been on top of mount jacques cartier last week end .there was still a few spots of snow and they ve seen a few caribous with that .some were very close .

groomer !!!

• 4 weeks later...

thanks guys !!!

i have nt been too lucky to take pics in the last two week ends .so here a few ''old pics '' from winter 06.samething for mooses ,probably my worse summer since 00.at this time of the year normally ,i m around 400,maybe 150-175 since may.

last saturday took my 4 w to go to see friend at night .half a mile from my camp ,saw a pair of eyes in the darkness ,1 moose ,quarter mile further ,there was one big female walking parallel to the road ,saw her at the last sec ,passed about 8 ' from her .always go slowly at night ,too dangerous.

thanks again and enjoy the pics while we are all waiting for snow !!!

posted a lot of pics, because i ll go to my camp earlier than usual ,so its the '' special du chef '' for the week end !!! ha !! ha !! like the first one .

groomer !!!

hi gtse800 !!!

ha !! ha !! on some pics it looks like i throwing the snow outside the trail ,but i spreading the snow on the trail .when there s snow drifts ,the ''trick'' you must spread the snow on the trail ,so the trail is going higher every weeks and the drifts will be smaller.

in some curves i do it on purpose ,throw the snow outside .why !!! less snow in a curve, the ''kickers '' or ''whoops '' will be smallers.better for you and less work for me !!! ha !! ha !!!

saw on that on other site that some clubs in the us ,keep some snow outside the curves ,just in case .i don t do that .

groomer !!! :drinks:

Here are a couple pic's of interest, however they are from the states, Dixiville Peaks.

I thought it was interesting to see ice formed out in the middle of nowhere, like it fell out of the sky.

it must have been a fresh water spring gushing out or something.

IMG_0903.jpg

IMG_0902.jpg

here s the 2 coyotes from this morning ,about 3 miles from my camp .not the greatest pic ,but can see a bit .

on the other post ,the 3 pic ,took that one back in november 06.there s swamps in front of my camp and it s a nice place to take pics when the ' light '' is perfect .

thanks for the video !!!

groomer !!!

• 2 weeks later...

i was at my camp since monday pm.here a few pics from ''friends ''. temps still too warm ,they don t walk much .only tuesday , 0 c -32 f at 5 am .will be back there tomorrow !!! can hear a few ''calls '' time to time .

groomer !!!

hi zeusand !!!

i used to see a few every years ,but seldom i see them.saw 9 coyotes 2-3 week ends ago in the area of my camp .those we re the first one since a few years .when i m at my camp if i take care to listen at night ,can hear a few ''barking ''.i posted 2 on post 15.those are small coyotes.

my boss is a trapper and i know he catch probably between 40 and 75 every automn after moose hunting .

and you re right : loup means wolf .so i guess there s a lot in that area .rdl is 150 miles west from home.

groomer !!!

few pics from the last days .first one : thursday pm just beside my camp .saw that bull for about 20 mins.the others one are from sunday morning .saw 5 that morning .10 yesterday and 8 this morning ,just too bad they were on the ''territory '' of the neigbhor.

groomer !!!

hi gtse800 !!

you re right temps are way too high ,since last friday it has been between 65 and 80 F here.saw no mooses on my ''territory '' since tuesday but a few tracks this morning .i ll be back to my camp this pm and i hope it ll be cooler for the next days .

at least i took a few pics of sunrise .sorry if some looks alike ,i took too many and it s hard too difference them.

must be a good sign for snow ,birds are on their way south !!!! :clapping::yahoo:

groomer !!!

thanks gutz !!!

here s a few pics from sept and oct 06 .i ll go back to my camp tomorrow morning.moose hunting begin saturday and i should nt come back in town til the 20-21 .hope will be lucky !!!

groomer !!!