Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

hi mustang !!!

this is what i see in my backyard !!!! ha !!! ha !!! :yahoo:

back from hunting at noon .the two bulls fighting '' friendly '' last thursday morning .saw them for half an hour.the last 2 pics,it has been a great experience !!!! saw the bull at 1800 ' from me on a road.called my friends to '' spot '' them at the right places.took an old road ,turned around because i had forgotten my camera.so waited for about 10 mins,crick !!! crack !! and that bull came 25 ' from me .took 2 pics ,he moved away 40 ' from me and i just looked at him for 25-30 mins .20 mins before darkness ,decided to go .told my friend where he was.my friend went there alone ,waited 10 mins and bang !!! took the last 2 pics 22 mins before he died .

groomer !!!

few scenery pics from the last 8 days at my camp .pics with snow ,last monday morning around 8 hrs am .i forgot ,on the other post ,on the last pic ,the moose is just right to the mid of the pic.you can see the '' beard '' clearly !!!!

groomer !!!

wow groomer those are awesome pictures I really like seeing the bulls fight because I work on a big goat farm and often the males and sometimes the females fight like that and it lasts a long time. I find it very interesting to watch the animals they remind me of some people or maybe it's some people remind me of animals ha. ha.I wish I could send you pics of our farm & the animals but it is for science and it is all secret but here is an arial vu of the farm. this was a few years ago & we have added more buildings.

Mustang00

i took 2 short video with that ,but they are probably too '' big '' to put here .it was my second bull fight since i look for mooses .first one turned bad .i had my 35 mm camera at that time and used to buy 24 exposures.so when i saw the fight ,began to take pics .click -click-click .i realized that i was way over 24 exposures .looked at my camera and i had forgotten to put an exposure inside my camera !!!!! :wacko: :D ha !! ha !! ha !!!

can someone tell me if 30.9 mo or 3.9 mo video are too big to post here ???????

thanks !!!

groomer !!!

hi !!!

you re right !!! taking pics of them and then later , bang !!!! that s the sad part. i don t have that '' killer instinct '' myself and never killed moose of my life .i rather shoot them with my camera !!! we were talking about that earlier this week ,there s 22 ,000 hunters in the gaspesie for roughly 5 000 killed mooses.

and sure it s good time when i take pics ,but im careful with those mooses because i m not a pro !!! sometimes its a very good '' adrenaline rush '' !!!

groomer !!!

Shoot it with your camera, there ya go! :good: for the people who hunt for the Food, fine, but just to hang there head on the wall? to each his own.

I have seen more Moose in the past few years than I have seen in my whole life.

Adrenelin rush, Oh yeah. they look mello, and somewhat lazy when you see them on the side of the road, but when they decide to move, Watch out!

friends hunt for the food ,they don t care about the size of the rack !!! looking at mooses , the ''funniest '' part about it ,from may to december i can see their '' attitude'' change .they are more friendly in may (female ) than end of september (bull ).first pic ,just '' called '' to make his head turn to have more pics .he turned his head but jumped on the road 25 ' from me.

right there where i took the pics of the bull ,4 years ago , ive been '' caught '' by 2 bulls during bow hunting .it was serious '' business '' .the biggest one was 20 ' in front of my truck and the other one came at 8 ' from my left front fender.wow !!! just looking at their ears and eyes ,they were nt too happy to see me there !!! it has been an awesome adrenaline rush !!! it was nt time to smile !!!! :D :nea: ha !! ha !!!

groomer !!!

friends hunt for the food ,they don t care about the size of the rack !!! looking at mooses , the ''funniest '' part about it ,from may to december i can see their '' attitude'' change .they are more friendly in may (female ) than end of september (bull ).first pic ,just '' called '' to make his head turn to have more pics .he turned his head but jumped on the road 25 ' from me.

right there where i took the pics of the bull ,4 years ago , ive been '' caught '' by 2 bulls during bow hunting .it was serious '' business '' .the biggest one was 20 ' in front of my truck and the other one came at 8 ' from my left front fender.wow !!! just looking at their ears and eyes ,they were nt too happy to see me there !!! it has been an awesome adrenaline rush !!! it was nt time to smile !!!! ha !! ha !!!

Not time to smile, but to change your shorts. lol 8 more feet and you would have not been happy for the moose to be there either!

Bonjour Groomer, do you call the moose to the road or just happen to be their at the right time. My grandfather used to make moose "callers" out of birch bark and sell them to hunters. P.S. Your dark sky pictures look great. :good:

gtse800 : never happened to me !!!! ha !! ha !!! :nea:

hi plain-rev !!

he was roughly 50-60 ' off the road .put those 2 pics in between the 2 in the last post and you ll have the complete story .he went to hide between trees , '' called '' him ,turned around and came on the road !!!

groomer !!!

Beautiful pics Groomer!

hi kitty !!!

just arrived to show my dad the pics and i noticed that you had already posted .sorry if i did nt see that yesterday .probably the '' effect '' of all those days at my camp !!! :wacko: still feel '' asleep '' ha !! ha !!!

talked with a friend earlier this morning ,he works near by relais gabriel ,north of the hydro quebec dam '' manic 5 '' , 135 miles north of baie comeau .last monday there was 10 '' of snow there but melted on tuesday .there was about 3-4 ''about 40 miles west from here ,monday too !!!

groomer !!!

hi gtse800 !!!

if i m talking only about the tq 5 ,from home to the st fidele cable bridge(pic) (east,toward cross point ) rougly 25 miles x 2 = 50 miles

in between ,i must groom a local trail ,5 x 2 = 10 miles once a week

then north - north east of town ,there s 2 more locals trails.one of 10 miles x 2 =20 miles then another of 8 miles x 2 = 16 miles

so roughly it s about 96 miles or between 40 to 50 hrs a week depending on many factors ,drifts ,trail condition ..etc .

but time to time on those local trails i skip a run because there s not much traffic there.so this give me a '' slack '' ha !! ha !!!

must sleep time to time !!!!

when i wake up in the pm ,i don t know if i must take my breakfast ,diner ,or supper !!!! ha!! ha !!

groomer !!!

sure it s a full time job!!! and you can add a few xtra hrs for maintenance and little things to do every weeks .on my second year of grooming ,friend of mine told me : you don t play anymore ,you work !!

told him ,you re right johnny !!!!

it s a job you( i ) must enjoy to do ,because it s a lot of hrs ,if not better stay home !!! i never know when i ll start grooming ,can be at 4 pm ,midnight ,2 am etc and i don t know when i ll come back home .from mid january to mid march ,some weeks can be very crazy .don t sleep much.but i still like it .

groomer !!!

Well it sounds like you realy enjoy dooing it, and you make the best of it (By taking some great pictures) and sharing them with all the snowmobilers. :good:

Hopfully I will get out that way this comming season? my plan is to ride in Quebec as much as possible this season. :good:

grooming it s a '' job '' some runs can be very long or some night can be ''boring '' . when it s a '' boring '' night i do extra works on the trail even if i know i ll be home later in the morning .at least it keep me '' smiling '' all night long !!! ha !! ha !!!

or i stop to take pics !!! i know i ll be smiling !!! :yahoo::yahoo::lol::lol:

and for sure you (i ) must enjoy it because of the loooooooooooooong hrs !!!

if you expect to come up here dont forget to let me know !!!

groomer !!!

I have a question for you Groomer or anyone who can answer.

It seems like most people (From the states) doo the Gaspe trip more in March then earlier in the season?.

If this is a true statement? is it doo to temps being to cold in Jan and Feb or is the snow conditions best in March? OR none of the above?.

Edit: or is it, ride where you can early while there is snow, and save the Gaspe for the season ender.

I have a question for you Groomer or anyone who can answer.

It seems like most people (From the states) doo the Gaspe trip more in March then earlier in the season?.

If this is a true statement? is it doo to temps being to cold in Jan and Feb or is the snow conditions best in March? OR none of the above?.

Edit: or is it, ride where you can early while there is snow, and save the Gaspe for the season ender.

The problem with February is there is so much traffic [a lot due to rental/tourist business] that TQ5 gets really beat up. The secondary [green/orange trails] are always great. I will try to plan future rides for March or early season if conditions are good.