Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

When i see a pic like that all i can think of is WOT. Ye ha!!

hi trailblazer !!

as far as you can see on the other pic ,there s a left hand side corner .here's other side of the corner!!about 2 miles west of ste marguerite.

braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap!!!

groomer !!!

OMG TQ5 here we come. :yahoo::yahoo: :yahoo:

How is it you don't fall asleep at 2 in the morning going 10k an hr on those stretches?

hi trailblazer !!

it happen not too often ,but sometimes it come close to fall asleep .it happened a few times,without taking a ride in the ditch !!ha!!ha!!

hard to tell,can be 2-3-5 '' without knowing i m grooming ,then ,just kind of wake up and i realize i fell ''asleep '' a few seconds.

im very happy with my run on tq 5 ,not too many fields ,lots of up hill and down hill .all kind of terrain.not boring !!

i never stopped 5-10-15 mins to sleep,better not do that.anyway it won t be long ,it ll be cold in the machine .

pics from this morning.left at 6 am ,came back at 3 pm.groomed tq 5 (except in town ),machine is parked near my house.then went to ste florence .

i took my diner at the corner of ste florence-ste marguerite and kosap around 2 pm.very-very-very-very light drizzle.nothing dangerous at all.just under 0 c right now.sky still grey.

need to check the forecast,guy told me that we might have 6 '' tomorrow.

little problem on the machine ,alternator is not charging much i guess.

according to my meter ,i m really proud to tell you that i can go 16 mph on a long straight in 6 th gear!!! :) :) :)

seldom i use 6 th gear,mostly 5 th,(13.5 mph ).using 6th gear ,must be very flat ,if not ,drag will ''jump '' on the trail and it ll make ''waves ''.

almost forgot ,2 '' of fresh snow !!

groomer !!!

according to my meter ,i m really proud to tell you that i can go 16 mph on a long straight in 6 th gear!!! :) :) :)

seldom i use 6 th gear,mostly 5 th,(13.5 mph ).using 6th gear ,must be very flat ,if not ,drag will ''jump '' on the trail and it ll make ''waves ''.

almost forgot ,2 '' of fresh snow !!

groomer !!!

Slow that thing down!! 6-8mph is the proper speed for grooming. No "jumping" with the drag!! We want flat, smooth, hard trails!!! :lol:

See you in a week. Make sure you have a nice bottle of wine for us to drink!!

:drinks:

Slow that thing down!! 6-8mph is the proper speed for grooming. No "jumping" with the drag!! We want flat, smooth, hard trails!!! :lol:

i know that.but when there s no bumps at all ,i use 6 th gear,.drag is nt jumping 6'' in the air.i just feel it.i do that late at night or early morning when there s no traffic at all.i do that only when snow ''feel '' heavy !!so ,snow stay in the drag.

best way to learn about it.you do that on the way down to the cb.on the way back ,you can see if you ve made mistake or you check often by the rear window.

first 2 pics ,on the way down to ste florence.road 132 (gas station ) about 2.5 miles ahead.

fyi:here in the gaspesie we don t share our wine !!ha!!ha!! we drink the whole bottle !! :) let me know about this ,if you re serious i ll go to the s a q and buy 2 bottles.

should i pm andy to know if you have the skill to drink the whole bottle ????? or stephen ????? ha!!ha!!

see you next week !!

jean-guy :drinks:

had to print this for my office, we don't have snow! I like this one Jean-Guy!!

Edited by lindasledgirl

Well keep up the good work JG, trails look great.

What is it with you Gaspesienes and big bottles heh! even the the wine bottle huh!!! :drinks:

No problem drinking wine on my end, wifes Italian, i have to hide the darn stuff. :p

i just dicovered something !!looks like my meter is kapuuuut on the machine .i saw something on the site where i can see gps data for the machine .my top speed today ,13 km.

i going to study that a little bit more.too asleep tonight.will try to check it tomorrow !!

linda ,can t see the pic ?????

jean-guy

That is a better speed! LOL

You better get rested up for next weekend, looks like it will be a big one!!

look slow to me for the speed i was going in 5 th gear.

i ll try to groom til late thursday night max.

friends stopped by the camp earlier this week.

rained a bit after supper and then snowing like hell !! for half an hr .

just back from harold + claudie ,friend of harold told him that monday after i passed the corner of ste florence -ste marguerite and kosap,there was 2 lyns fighting together for 15 - 20 mins right on tq 5 !!

jean-guy

i know that.but when there s no bumps at all ,i use 6 th gear,.drag is nt jumping 6'' in the air.i just feel it.i do that late at night or early morning when there s no traffic at all.i do that only when snow ''feel '' heavy !!so ,snow stay in the drag.

best way to learn about it.you do that on the way down to the cb.on the way back ,you can see if you ve made mistake or you check often by the rear window.

first 2 pics ,on the way down to ste florence.road 132 (gas station ) about 2.5 miles ahead.

fyi:here in the gaspesie we don t share our wine !!ha!!ha!! we drink the whole bottle !! :) let me know about this ,if you re serious i ll go to the s a q and buy 2 bottles.

should i pm andy to know if you have the skill to drink the whole bottle ????? or stephen ????? ha!!ha!!

see you next week !!

Hi Guys,

oh boy !!!! I can't wait to see the pictures :tease: More wine please !!!!!! :rofl::lazy::friends:

Well keep up the good work JG, trails look great.

What is it with you Gaspesienes and big bottles heh! even the the wine bottle huh!!! :drinks:

No problem drinking wine on my end, wifes Italian, i have to hide the darn stuff. :p

thanks !!

sorry ,just saw your post !!

gaspesians ,we know about ''big format ''......you ll discover at the gathering !!!ha!ha!! :p

ha ha ha !!! you can say that again :lol: :lol:

back from grooming a mini run!!i came back in town ,i have a little problem.waiting for the mechanic .

windy like hell up the hills.pics don t tell the truth .

WHAT HAPPEN AT THE CLUBHOUSE ,STAY AT THE CLUBHOUSE !!!

back from grooming a mini run!!i came back in town ,i have a little problem.waiting for the mechanic .

windy like hell up the hills.pics don t tell the truth .

WHAT HAPPEN AT THE CLUBHOUSE ,STAY AT THE CLUBHOUSE !!!

Hi Jean - Guy ,

Dam !!!!! The trails look awesome I'm getting psyched :yahoo: I think I'm leaving from RDL this week not sure yet. See you on friday ONE way or another :yahoo:

CrazySnow

Met Groomer at the clubhouse today! Took a ride towards PALC on TQ5-overall trails were great-was windy last night with new snow-very windy and cold today-we had some good snowdrifts on the open fields. Saw 20 plus sleds today-this was alot more than we saw yesterday in Matane.

Have a great time in the Gaspe!

Speedy

:yahoo:

Met Groomer at the clubhouse today! Took a ride towards PALC on TQ5-overall trails were great-was windy last night with new snow-very windy and cold today-we had some good snowdrifts on the open fields. Saw 20 plus sleds today-this was alot more than we saw yesterday in Matane.

Have a great time in the Gaspe!

Speedy

:yahoo:

hi speedy !!

great meeting you + dad at the clubhouse !!

15-20 mins after you left ,andyman-timbo + thad showed up at the clubhouse !!

time to take a nap !!! ha!!ha!!

jean-guy

first of all !! braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaapppp!!

i guess its the nicest day for riding since the beginning of the season !!wooww!!blue sky and not even a bit of clouds !!-10 c !!

arrived in albertville just before 2 am and back at home just before noon.-20 c last night!

saw only one sled just before arriving in town.tons of mooses tracks.

talking about track,i took a nice dive on the track of the machine after i took a few pic .hurt my knee on a cleat.

groomer !!!