Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

HI GROOMER

5 of us from Pa. are coming up your way on 2/23. We'll stop at your club house to see if your around so we can meet you. We really appreciate all your pictures and all the grooming you do for us. We are starting at Rimouski on 2/19 and doing the gaspe loop returning on the 2/24. THANKS Brian from Pa.

hi brian!!

thanks !!

i just checked on the calendar .23 th is a thursday ,normally i groom tq 5 ,on a normal week with no storms.if you think you ll stop in the afternoon ,i can start grooming earlier in the morning.if i start around 2 am ,normally im back before 2 pm .

if we can t meet at the clubhouse ,will meet on tq 5 !!ask the waitress or cook to call me in the machine !!!

groomer !!! :drinks:

hello jean guy, 4 of us leaving today for the great gaspie. be by your area maybe sat. will look for you.

joe

hi joe !!

no problems!!unless of a storm friday, i don t groom on week ends.

as usual, ask the waitress to call me !!

jean-guy

Groomer,

Out of curiosity, how many hours do you have on the groomer.

Scranton.

hi scranton1 !!

if i was nt too asleep yesterday afternoon when i came back,the machine was at 5797.4 hrs since feb 00.

...but last year i noticed that the ''meter '' was kaputt on some runs .giving me not exactly the right lecture.a few hrs less.

club should/might look a a new one (hope so ,ha!!ha!!) for next year !!

groomer !!!

Groomer, i hope all is well. Just curius on the total amount of snow so far this winter in the general Gaspe region. I have not heard of any big storms on the news but i am sure you are getting some. Would you say it is more, less or about the same as usual for this time of the yesar. My buddy and i will be coming down the 29th of feb for the loop, hope to find your hang out this time round. Thanks Mike

Hi Groomer, Sandy and I are also going to be coming through your area on the 23rd. We will be heading southbound out of Amqui. We'll be watching for the 5 from PA coming head-on. Hopefully we will see you on the trail again, like last year. If not, thanks for all you do. Whenever I check this site the two people I always look for are Bills posts and your posts and pictures. Hope to see you next week. Jeff and Sandy

Groomer, i hope all is well. Just curius on the total amount of snow so far this winter in the general Gaspe region. I have not heard of any big storms on the news but i am sure you are getting some. Would you say it is more, less or about the same as usual for this time of the yesar. My buddy and i will be coming down the 29th of feb for the loop, hope to find your hang out this time round. Thanks Mike

hi mike !!

im fine ,thank you !!

if i compare the amount of snow on the ground now with the yesteryears ( average ) lot less.i started grooming 12 years ago and i ve seen awesome storms ,tons of snow on the trail and big drifts .i don t see that anymore .

no big storms yet in our area this winter .depending of the places right now in the woods ,snow between the waist and shoulders.

6 years ago,feb 19 th ,i groomed one of the nicest storm since i started grooming in 00.18 hrs of grooming on tq 5.

in 1990 ,went shoveling the roof of my camp on dec 6 th.there was already 4 ' of snow.in 77 ,with 2 of my brothers,late january i guess,early feb ,there was 7' !!

earlier this week ,i was reading a thread on the french forum of guys riding off the trail ,ste anne des monts area.5 to 6 ' of snow max.not much compared to last year at the same period of the season.

you can t miss the clubhouse in albertville ,just next to the trail !!

nowadays, you watch the news on tv and a 4-6 '' snowstorm is a huuuuuuuuuuuge one !!ha!!ha!!!i remember when i was younger ,2-3 days in a row without going to school !!back then ,there was great storms !!

jean-guy

Hi Groomer, Sandy and I are also going to be coming through your area on the 23rd. We will be heading southbound out of Amqui. We'll be watching for the 5 from PA coming head-on. Hopefully we will see you on the trail again, like last year. If not, thanks for all you do. Whenever I check this site the two people I always look for are Bills posts and your posts and pictures. Hope to see you next week. Jeff and Sandy

hi jeff + sandy !!

thank you very much !!

i remember meeting you just west of ste marguerite !!tomorrow ,i ll groom st alexandre and lac saumon ,small day and wait for friday to groom tq 5 !!

called the cook earlier this morning and he said that traffic was low !!thats why im waiting for friday to be on 5 .it has been really cold earlier this week.

hope to see both of you next week !!

pics:causapscal river ,on the way up to the lake !!

jean-guy

not much imagination today !!ha!!ha!!

looks like i woke up with both feet in the same boot!!

just to show you the weather.cloudy ,snowing lightly time to time .

great day to fall asleep while grooming !!just boring,no contrasts at all ,dull run !!

it was +5c downtown and here at my house ,+2c.

time to come back,snow started to stick in the drag.looks like there s been lot of traffic since i left this morning !!

time for a nap !! :) :)

groomer !!!

Hi Jean Guy!

That last picture is neat! I can see your reflection in the glass...and the camera. Neat picture!

Linda

Hi Jean Guy!

That last picture is neat! I can see your reflection in the glass...and the camera. Neat picture!

Linda

hi linda !!

ha!!ha!!ha!!

thanks for the info,honestly ,i did nt even notice the reflection !!

i was feeling so asleep and tired ,i was happy to be back and ready to take a nap on my couch !!ha!!ha!!ha!

thanks again !!

jean-guy

I think the picture is special with the reflection! I like it!

the goal of the pic was to show how many hrs on the meter .looks like i ve been ''tricked '' by my own pic !!

i better go to bed early tonight,tq 5 + local trail tomorrow.later tonight !!

jean-guy :drinks:

just a little update before taking a nap !!!...ha!!ha!!

tq 5 was still in good shape !!saw about 30 sleds today .started snowing around 10-11 hrs am.about 1 '' on the ground.

still snowing very lightly.temps still mild,-1c right now !!a bit windy up the hills .

groomer !!!

Groomer-

Pics look great! We will be back up to ride- 3rd week in March!

Can't wait to come back up and ride in the Gaspe'

-Speedy

:drinks:

hi speedy !!

should be no problem for the snow !!need cold temps,warm here since 3 days.i guess it ll be very rough sunday night grooming tq 5 .

3'' of fresh snow since yesterday.

first pic ,far right,mount white,park matane.trail 595 is behind those mountains,from left to right.la cache, far right.took the pic coming back from lac saumon.

6 years ago today !!one of the greatest storm i ever groomed !!18 hrs run !!

-27c in rimouski and with the wind factor -51 c that day.when i came back in ste marguerite that night ,it was more windy there than mount washington !!ha!!ha!! i could feel the wind entering the cab of the machine with the heater wide open to keep the cab warm !!

hi mike !!

im fine ,thank you !!

if i compare the amount of snow on the ground now with the yesteryears ( average ) lot less.i started grooming 12 years ago and i ve seen awesome storms ,tons of snow on the trail and big drifts .i don t see that anymore .

no big storms yet in our area this winter .depending of the places right now in the woods ,snow between the waist and shoulders.

6 years ago,feb 19 th ,i groomed one of the nicest storm since i started grooming in 00.18 hrs of grooming on tq 5.

in 1990 ,went shoveling the roof of my camp on dec 6 th.there was already 4 ' of snow.in 77 ,with 2 of my brothers,late january i guess,early feb ,there was 7' !!

earlier this week ,i was reading a thread on the french forum of guys riding off the trail ,ste anne des monts area.5 to 6 ' of snow max.not much compared to last year at the same period of the season.

you can t miss the clubhouse in albertville ,just next to the trail !!

nowadays, you watch the news on tv and a 4-6 '' snowstorm is a huuuuuuuuuuuge one !!ha!!ha!!!i remember when i was younger ,2-3 days in a row without going to school !!back then ,there was great storms !!

jean-guy

Thanks for this

Mike

Hi Jean Guy ,

I looked at pics and i said to myself Dam !!!!!! that's a lot snow ,the Matapedia Valley is the place do ride lol . i get to excited when you post the old pics. lol lol.giflol.giflol.gif when you start your old pics say OLD PICS please lol just kidding your the BEST drinks.gif Jean Guy

CrazySnow !!!!!

Hi Jean Guy ,

I looked at pics and i said to myself Dam !!!!!! that's a lot snow ,the Matapedia Valley is the place do ride lol . i get to excited when you post the old pics. lol lol.giflol.giflol.gif when you start your old pics say OLD PICS please lol just kidding your the BEST drinks.gif Jean Guy

CrazySnow !!!!!

hi john !!

ya,back then ,there was a lot of snow and big drifts !!miss them !!ha!!ha!!

i expect a rough and though day tomorrow!!it has been ''warm '' all week end and friends told me that tq 5 was rough.

i brought the machine home after supper to save time for tomorrow !!hope to start grooming before 3 am.....even 2 am !!

rough week end for me ,spend the week end on the couch and computer!!was nt feeling great !!

old pics from march 06.old st fidele cb !!

hi john !!

ya,back then ,there was a lot of snow and big drifts !!miss them !!ha!!ha!!

i expect a rough and though day tomorrow!!it has been ''warm '' all week end and friends told me that tq 5 was rough.

i brought the machine home after supper to save time for tomorrow !!hope to start grooming before 3 am.....even 2 am !!

rough week end for me ,spend the week end on the couch and computer!!was nt feeling great !!

old pics from march 06.old st fidele cb !!

Hi Jean-Guy ,

Very nice pics. Milking the cows. Ha Ha Ha !!!!!

CrazySnow !!!!!!

Hi Jean-Guy ,

Very nice pics. Milking the cows. Ha Ha Ha !!!!!

CrazySnow !!!!!!

hi john !!

thanks !!

no time to milk the cows this morning !!ha!!ha!! woke up at 1 30 am and left at 2 40 am.tq 5 was a disaster !!bumpy from my house to the bridge !!not too happy !!

there s been a rally saturday from ste marguerite to l alverne !!!i did nt take a pic on the way down.too busy !!saw 25/30 sleds !!

grey sky early this morning ,turned to blue sky with a few clouds !!windy ,enough for little drifts !!

jean-guy

hay hay now there is no getting sick in grooming lol

hope u feal better my dads fealing much better so we will be comming up wed or thurs

pm me your number ill give ya a call when we get close to u :drinks:

hi coldsmoke !!

feel better since late last night ,saturday and sunday ,i was nt in shape to doo much !!spent 80% of my time on the couch !!

if you think you might come up wednesday ,send a pm .i might groom a local trail to save time friday and ill be back on tq 5 early thursday morning!!