Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

Jean-Guy,

I am very positive!! Thanks!!!

Where there is a crust, there is a Groomer with a full belly!! LOL!!

I think there is Nutella on that crust!

How am I doing so far? Haha!

linda

:db:

There are other websites for people who want to talk this way!!!

LOL!! Well you should come to Sarnia and feel my pain! I am having a nervous break down out here!! And now to see even the Gaspesie is stuggling! YIKES!

My friends are heading to New Brunswick Feb 3rd!

took that pic about 1/4 east of t l r ...just before going down the first hill.

just to let you know that there s many rocks there...(with the new road for windmills )....slow down...and stay 15-20 ' of those trees on the left side of the pic.

no wine smclelan !!...just tired !!

jean-guy

hi all !!

steven ...even if it was nt much,was happy with the snow where trail has been plowed east of the 90' corner !!wind has been a good help !!

bulldozed snow banks at a few places..just too bad ''bull '' is only one position.

few extra inches will help to fix the ''natural whooops '' !!

graham...no problems if you want to meet me..just pm me before coming up ...i ll advise the waitress to call me, if im not grooming that day.

as for the suggestions...sorry,not sure if i understood ?????..places to stay or ride ???

tons of peoples for breakfast at clubhouse!!

p-2 is the looong straight before going down the last hill before st fidele cb..on my way back.top of the hill.

p-3...corner before that long straight ^^^^^^^^^^^^^..trail has been plowed up to there.

jean-guy :drinks:

Hi Jean-Guy

I was just wondering what route would be best to take from Amqui on .

We will be heading from Amqui to Edmunston the Friday of our trip.

I have never been past the Albertville club .

Hope the mild weather doesn't wreck the trails you have worked so hard on.

A bit of ice pellets mixed with rain normally wouldn't be an issue but with low snow conditions basically everywhere this year it could do some damage I suspect.

Edited by EXT

hi linda and graham !!

linda ....ya belly was full..at the st fidle cb....ham sandwiches ...again !!!...hahhahha!!

you re up for a vacation at the camp and enjoy the hospitality of the gaspesie !!

graham...

i never rode on that side of town..except for the gathering last season...i guess with the quantity of snow we are having right now...better stay south maybe... and avoid to get close to st lawrence river..

old pics !!

jean-guy

Hi Jean-Guy

I was just wondering what route would be best to take from Amqui on .

We will be heading from Amqui to Edmunston the Friday of our trip.

I have never been past the Albertville club .

Hope the mild weather doesn't wreck the trails you have worked so hard on.

A bit of ice pellets mixed with rain normally wouldn't be an issue but with low snow conditions basically everywhere this year it could do some damage I suspect.

Graham you need to get to Biencourt. The easiest way is Albertville Rt587 Tq 5 Rt548 then either the local trail to Moose Valley and NB17/12 or Biencourt RT569 Degelis Tq85 NB12. When you get to the Biencourt area the local trail to Moose Valley is not real well marked. Just as you pass the ski hill east of Biencourt you will cross the road that runs into the ski hill. As you look across the road there are signs for Moose Valley on the left side of the trail not big ones but they are there. You need to turn 90 degrees left and follow this road for a few miles. The trail will break off this road to the right. It is approx 50 miles form Biencourt to MV.You will notice gas in my pics TQ5 Rt548 Int Lebel if you fuel there no need to go into Biencourt and backtrack to the local trail or go straight ahead to Biencourt and carry on. Hope this helps any questions just ask.

Andy

post-14-0-51806500-1359548575_thumb.jpg

post-14-0-86560800-1359548605_thumb.jpg

Graham you need to get to Biencourt. The easiest way is Albertville Rt587 Tq 5 Rt548 then either the local trail to Moose Valley and NB17/12 or Biencourt RT569 Degelis Tq85 NB12. When you get to the Biencourt area the local trail to Moose Valley is not real well marked. Just as you pass the ski hill east of Biencourt you will cross the road that runs into the ski hill. As you look across the road there are signs for Moose Valley on the left side of the trail not big ones but they are there. You need to turn 90 degrees left and follow this road for a few miles. The trail will break off this road to the right. It is approx 50 miles form Biencourt to MV.You will notice gas in my pics TQ5 Rt548 Int Lebel if you fuel there no need to go into Biencourt and backtrack to the local trail or go straight ahead to Biencourt and carry on. Hope this helps any questions just ask.

Andy

Thanks Much.

I had looked this way over on the trail map. It always helps to get some info though from those that have been there before.

Is this a 1/2 decent days run?

We will be going fr Amqui Select hotel to the Republic/Quality Inn in Edmunston.Next day heading out via Moose Valley so likely will go the long way round. I think TQ 85 comes out beside the Quality Inn.Or runs close by (NB 12 in NB)

Been going to Northern NB for years but just starting to travel QC for some new scenery.

Thanks

Again.

Graham

Edited by EXT

Thanks Much.

I had looked this way over on the trail map. It always helps to get some info though from those that have been there before.

Is this a 1/2 decent days run?

We will be going fr Amqui Select hotel to the Republic/Quality Inn in Edmunston.Next day heading out via Moose Valley so likely will go the long way round. I think TQ 85 comes out beside the Quality Inn.Or runs close by (NB 12 in NB)

Been going to Northern NB for years but just starting to travel QC for some new scenery.

Thanks

Again.

Graham

I rode this route last year solo when i left the Gathering. i left Causapscal at 7:30 am, had a breakfast at this Relais in Rimouski and arrived in Edmonston at my Aunts house just up the hill from the Best western at 2:00pm. Should give you an idea of time riding, don't remember the milage sorry.

Hope to be up that way next Thursday (Feb 7th) and visit with groomer??

Please keep us posted after this weeks weather?

Just a quick note about that gas station in Biencourt, it is also a yamaha dealer and they close at 5pm!

Trail is not well signed to Moosevalley or at least to the NB boarder. You should be fine however as it is busy?

Cheers everyone!

There are new pictures of the Matapedia Valley but Groomer is holding out!! I have been asked not to share....sorry.

One other thing Andy for forgot mention, the one gas station in Biencourt is closed on Sundays, don't get caught.

Good point JG getting forgetful in my old age! If Biencourt is closed ride straight ahead to Squatec for gas.

Andy

Hope to be up that way next Thursday (Feb 7th) and visit with groomer??

Please keep us posted after this weeks weather?

Just a quick note about that gas station in Biencourt, it is also a yamaha dealer and they close at 5pm!

Trail is not well signed to Moosevalley or at least to the NB boarder. You should be fine however as it is busy?

Cheers everyone!

Me too.

If you see a Black TZ1 turbo and a Black Apex Gt it will be us.

Hope there is still snow to ride on.

+5 and rain here on South Shore of NS now.

sad day !!!

jean-guy

Jean-Guy

I just can't imagine how sad this is making you! Rain end of January and no grooming!

I think I will pull out the snow dance boots and see if i can't whip up some snow and send it your way!

If you don't have snow this weekend, ..let me know. I will bake you some brownies and send some Redwood!

That way one way or another, you will be happy as can be next week!

Linda

Andy

I am sorry......you are correct. They are located just at the end of the pond or lake where all the ice fishing is.

I am usually traveling in the dark when I get there so pretty easy to get mixed up!

My mistake.

hi all !!

i don t think i need to comment !!

went up to +13c ...+7c right now and still raining !!

big thx for the offer linda....spag sauce will be welcome !!

bring your best boots for the ''snow dance '' and don t forget your umbrella !!

took pics just before diner !!

jean-guy

Tabernak!! Are those tears or rain drops on the pictures!!

Don't worry...we will fix this up!!

Rest up...bringing big snow your way!

Linda

WOW!!!!!! hard to believe i am looking at pics from the Gaspe, c'est plat.

Keep those spirits up JG the winter's not over yet, remember the english expession i posted to you earlier in the season "In like a lamb out like a lion" get ready to do some overtime in March.

Salut

JG

sorry ,but enough to say tbk !!.....this will hurt many peoples !!

pics from shortcut-road 132-matapedia river and up the road for albertville !!

looks like water jumped over road 132 near shortcut, dot was there.lots of water in the fields.

good news,temps are dropping ..0c right now !!

ya linda ,rain drops...so windy !!....looks more like gaspesie...sw O !!!!

jean-guy

WOW, thats incredible and not in a good way! Sold my sled a couple of weeks ago so i"m not feeling as bad right now as most. If these keeps up I wll get a smoking deal on a new one. I just home though this changes quickly for all the people that rely on this winter business.

Mike