Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

hi all !!

brought my camera this morning to take pics of partridge!! happy but not too proud !!i used my big lens not to get too close...so, after 50-60 pics...why not use the small one ..without getting too close..i was extending my arm...

but went too far a bit and mom moved out of the nest ...geez...baby 2013 were born !!!so ,when i saw that, went 200' away and started working !!i passed about 20 ' from the nest while thinning...geez...baby were out of the nest too !!was nt too happy ...so ,looked around and mom was 20 ' in front of me '''calling '' the kids...

hard for them to walk ,they made tons of back flips !!hard times for them to climb that piece of wood below the belly of mom...

so,after a few mins, they were hiding under their mom..

i went to reach for my gas can and backpack and moved away about 100' not too bother them again !!

very bad cold for me and very loooong day !!!

it was ''mosquitos festival '' in ste marguerite today !!!

jean-guy :drinks:

Jean-Guy

Great pics love them. thats the stuff you dont see every day and you take a picture. I had a tom turkey all roosted up for a hen in my back yard saturday but the camera was not handy.

Hope you feel better and im sure it will be mosquito festival here soon 10 inches of rain in the last week im molding

Take care all :drinks:

Edited by poltodoo

thx guys !!

few pics for you big city people !!!..hahahahha!!

on some pics you ll see smoke...there s a fire right now around manicouagan reservoir....manic 5 and yesterday morning when i left for my 4w ride..lots of smoke !!

i thought cheech and chong were a few miles ahead of me riding !!!hahhaha!!

pics 4 to 7 ....friday night about 4 miles from camp..looking for moose...saw the silhouette of the moose maybe 75-100 ' away between trees...normally ...because i see tons of moose i don t stop for that kind of pics...too many trees...bla-bla-bla...don t like it .....so.when i saw the silhouette...did nt stop ....but i went to turn around about a quarter mile further...on my way back ...i could see the head of the moose..better angle to see....i made a few more hundred feet...let the motor run idle and go in the woods to take pics..

but surprise!!!mom was mad and bossy !!!between the branches and trees i could hear the calf crying and screaming!!mom was mad...so ,to protect her calf...( between her legs )...she was making circles and strange noises!!

took a few pics and left...i think i missed the birth by not much....calf was too young too walk...look closely ,on one pic you can see him...

when back to my 4w....then half a mile later...another mom+ calf 2013 ...pedal to metal on the road...just crossing...that calf was a few days old max.very tiny !!..then 300' later another mom...but that one was single !!!

saw 18-20 moose + 2 deer !!

btw....good luck to the boston bruins !!! :drinks:

Nice Pics. That must be this years calf.

I was going to send you a note and ask if you knew where in PQ the forest fire was. There was smoke all the way to my place in Nova Scotia. You could smell the wood burning, it must be a big fire.

pic 3 and 4 ...linda-eddie and john ...we ve been there...passed under a little cb !!

traffic jam on my way back home this morning...about 1 mile from camp..

for got to check for the name of the bird !!

Nice Pics. That must be this years calf.

I was going to send you a note and ask if you knew where in PQ the forest fire was. There was smoke all the way to my place in Nova Scotia. You could smell the wood burning, it must be a big fire.

http://sopfeu.aptgeek.com/en/

hi steven!!

left camp around 10 am and back at 2 15 pm...sky was already brighter...then at night during moose run...very clean.....

maybe because wind changed direction during afternoon..

back in 91 ....north of baie comeau.....it was a lot worse at 3-4 pm ...smoke was so heavy ...it was like darkness !!

only 6 c at 5 am and light rain in the afternoon !!

jean-guy

hi fuzzy and artsled !!

no choice to be greener ...rained so much in may...but last week has been rain free and the water level on the brook at the camp went at least a foot lower !!

artsled !!

ya...no helmet ..i try to wear one in april or may or october -november when its cold...why no helmet ...because i stop often and it bother me a lot when i take pics...i don t feel comfortable...

fyi ,in the last 2 week ends ...i took 1133 pics...i hate changing the lenses on my camera..imagine removing my help all the time..

i ride sled since the age of 4....motorcycle since 6 ...and only one bad luck with my 4w about 12 years ago...flipped it and hurt my ankle !!bad shape for 2-3 days...

fyi...not worse than that pic of your girl pushing her 4w....as far as i remember ,she was nt wearing a helmet and probably something that we could nt see under pant and shirt !! :tease::tease:

have a nice day !!!

Where that girl go??? She must have got it unstuck...damm

Love those pictures JG

I don't have a vehicule tout-terrain but the pics makes me want to get one & go riding with you

hi ray !!

thx !!

great idea !!could rent one first to see if you like it or not !!

tons or roads and trails to ride....and not as much traffic as nj !!!hahhaa!!

sadly...prime minister of canada changed the rules / laws about employment insurance...so,no ''annual vacations '' for me in late sept/oct ...might be good be for moose hunting !! not sure yet !!

right now..i have only the saturday to ride...on sunday...take breakfast at the camp and come back home and rest !!

What wheels

hi curtis + don + all !!

well ,no pics last week...did nt go to camp because of bad weather....hard to have a bit of sunshine !!

tons and tons of rain here...just crazy !!last week ...tuesday i think...came close to see snow...freezing rain and cold....-3c in the morning!!

left last friday for camp.....little bull beside camp ..on my way up friday..

the one in the clearcut...took pics of sunsets....so,when i saw him ..i was kind of blinded,thats why pic is blurred..

found the dead one...back in early may...

pics of lake...friday night !!

saw 6 or 7 moose friday..yesterday night..waaay too windy !!

linda....you re friends are back !!both of them !!

gutz...i read last week that mx 338 will close soon....sad !!

So sorry for the delayed reply Jean-Guy!!

I am thrilled with the pictures...Orange Camp (love it), the lake at the Salmon Ladder, remember it well, many times! And the Bunnies are back! Yahooo!!! We fed them well they will stay! Maybe some babies this year, keep your eye open. I hope you put the bird food out too!

My moose last year at the camp somehow ended up in the freezer...hope we get a new one this year that escapes the hunting season.

I love the green pictures, looks like you will have some grass to cut with all the rain. The brook should fill up nice for the shower water!

Keep up the great work!

???????????? What's wrong with this post ?

hi curtis + don + all !!

well ,no pics last week...did nt go to camp because of bad weather....hard to have a bit of sunshine !!

tons and tons of rain here...just crazy !!last week ...tuesday i think...came close to see snow...freezing rain and cold....-3c in the morning!!

left last friday for camp.....little bull beside camp ..on my way up friday..

the one in the clearcut...took pics of sunsets....so,when i saw him ..i was kind of blinded,thats why pic is blurred..

found the dead one...back in early may...

pics of lake...friday night !!

saw 6 or 7 moose friday..yesterday night..waaay too windy !!

linda....you re friends are back !!both of them !!

gutz...i read last week that mx 338 will close soon....sad !!

So sorry for the delayed reply Jean-Guy!!

I am thrilled with the pictures...Orange Camp (love it), the lake at the Salmon Ladder, remember it well, many times! And the Bunnies are back! Yahooo!!! We fed them well they will stay! Maybe some babies this year, keep your eye open. I hope you put the bird food out too!

My moose last year at the camp somehow ended up in the freezer...hope we get a new one this year that escapes the hunting season.

I love the green pictures, looks like you will have some grass to cut with all the rain. The brook should fill up nice for the shower water!

Keep up the great work!

hi all !!

artsled.....dooright is right...woodcock...bécasse in french..

years back found one while working in the woods..she was nesting her eggs..and when linda came back in may 2012.....she found one while riding...way smaller than the ones on the pics...

great week end....15 moose friday..2 saturday with tons of mosquitos and one sunday ....

saw twice, 2 moose a calf and a mom within 20'...priceless !!

hot and humid here !!!

wanted to post more pics...but i have a problem ....

hi linda !!

great for you that you remember places !!!

kids are back playing on my lawn !!!

jackstraw...i could bring her next to camp ...there s a trail with tons of black dirt/mud!!

just next to brook!!

schooter and 182ray ...are we looking at the same place ?????...???