Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

Watch Out Groomer!

He looks a little shifty, don't let him sell you any land in Jersey.

GutZ

hi gutz !!!

great to hear from you !!!

hmmmm...you re a bit late !!! deal done !!!

moving mid september....so, i guess by late september, i ll change the name of the thread by '' pics from jersey '''...hahhaha

hottest day at work of the summer....hot and humid.......t-storms coming !!!

ps : mid sept when going down south ,i ll stop at your house to say hello !!!

jean-guy :drinks:

Wow, Groomer, did you get a passport?

hi longriderss !!!

no...not yet !!! even with a passport...not sure if they ll let me enter your side of fence !!!...hahhahha

lots of rain yesterday and t-storms !!!

last night...shortest moose run of summer...7 moose in about 4 miles...just too bad...last 2 pics....few mins before darkness...used low speed...but blurred....about 40 '...and they were coming for me !!!

jean-guy

Hi JG watch out for those moose

hi artsled !!!

always careful....i don t bs moose !!!

left job at 3 30 pm....very strong winds...lightnings and thunder ...many branches on road !!!

jean-guy

hi longriders and gutz !!!

for the quantity of rain we received ...rained for a week... 2 weeks ago....rivers still low...

and if it does nt work at the border.....hahhaah....better send me a few postal cards time to time !!!

don t know who took the pic...found that last week by hazard...the guy crashed his drone next to pedestrians cb in town !!!

on the left ....matapedia river with bridge for albertville...on the right .....cb is about 3 / 4 of a mile up causapscal river...tq 5 !!!

jean-guy

JG

Great pic of the "Triangle" where the rivers intersect!!!

hope all is well.

timbo

bonjour timbo !!!

great pic for sure ....but imo...he should have taken the whole salmon pool just below pic...

the '' forks ''' where name of town come from ....''' meeting of 2 rivers !!!

jean-guy

hi mcstar and jackstraw !!!

what ??? too early ???

well,i discovered that a friend from your side of the fence wanted one !!!

you ll be next ....like the trail passes....15.00$$$ before dec 9 th ...then 25.00 after the 9 th !!!

hurry up !!! limited quantity !!! time to travel everywhere !!! its the tree that was down in the yard of camp !!!

btw...hit 25 000 km on 4w friday night...about 3 miles from camp !!!

5 c this morning at 5 am !!!

thinking about that...last summer..late at night...first pic....went outside for a piss....about 10-12 ' in front of the stars....and there was a moose between tip of tree and blue and white shed...so dark..i was seeing only the white on the legs....and when he clutched...saw a bit of the butt !!!

jean-guy

Edited by groomer

:drinks: well,i discovered that a friend from your side of the fence wanted one !!! :rofl:

hi phil !!!

hahhahaha...i changed my mind.....im going to do a big load !!!

see you in 3-4-5 weeks !!!...if no problem with hydraulic hoses !!!

attachicon.gifjgh5.jpg

hi phil !!!

hahhahaha...i changed my mind.....im going to do a big load !!!

see you in 3-4-5 weeks !!!...if no problem with hydraulic hoses !!!

The infamous K2FF!! That picture wasnt taken yesterday! Those and the shortwood harvesters were monster machines!!

Edited by smclelan

The infamous K2FF!! That picture was taken yesterday! Those and the shortwood harvesters were monster machines!!

hi smclelan !!!

not as much as my 550 !!!

i did nt see that machine too often...2-3x maybe !!!..i think they were slow !!!

pic must be from late 80' s of early 90's !!! always thought it was k3f ...im gettting old !!!

second tank of gas this morning ....chainsaw died....kaputt !!! bought a new one !!!

btw ...guy with f-4 landed at my place this morning !!! did nt know that...he told me that a lumberjack ,here in the valley has been killed by a branche last week ...

looks like he cut (sp ) a cheery ...tree got stuck in another one...(hanging )

they presume ,he went to take lunch...passed by the tree and a big branche fell down....broke his back at 3 places !!

jean-guy

Running a power saw always was and still is a dangerous occupation. A person has to be very careful and aware of their surroundings at all times.

aboslutely right !!!

time to time we forget about trees hanging or rotten trees near by....always keep eyes open ...

jean-guy

Be careful out there JG.

Do you have to buy your own saw....or the boss ! ?

hi mcstar !!!

my own saw and money.....expensive week !!!....don t know how you say that in english....but still have enough money to buy beer and wine for weekend to drown my sadness !!!! hhahahhahha !!!

always careful...when you do a mistake with chainsaw...you remember for years....in 86 i hit my left leg.....6''' below knee...took a few mins i guess before i realized i was hurt ...leg was cold...so , i checked ...full of blood and skin all kaputt ...almost hit the bone...missed by a hair......2 scratches....about 3 '' long each !!

few pics taken in a hurry ...just too bad...guy broke an axle on his f-4 !!!helped him when i left work...he ll be ready for tomorrow morning !!!

jean-guy

No surprise - GREAT PHOTOS - Thank you Groomer...

I had a few minutes to peruse forum - curios to see what goes on during summer months. Groomer you are no slacker..Stay safe in those woods.

Paddy O