Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

18 hours ago, groomer said:

hi artsled !!!

in the fields ...no...super windy there !!! but once in the woods....enough to get stuck...depending of your skills !!!

not the greatest run !!! should have stayed in bed !!! very windy up the hills !!! the nicest thing i saw...while climbing hill with antlers...suddenly , on the right side...rabbit ...in 5 th 

gear ...wide open ,crossing trail...then half a second late ...a fox ,5 th gear also and '' blower '' on !!!....chasing rabbit !!!

about 20 sleds...not much genius for pics today !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0704.jpg

DSC_0705.jpg

DSC_0712.jpg

DSC_0713.jpg

DSC_0714.jpg

DSC_0717.jpg

DSC_0720.jpg

DSC_0723.jpg

DSC_0724.jpg

DSC_0726.jpg

DSC_0729.jpg

DSC_0733.jpg

DSC_0735.jpg

DSC_0706.jpg

What happened to the bunny? Don't reply if it's bad 😭

11 hours ago, Trailblazer said:

Love the rabbit story JG, you have a wilderness way with words.

Pic of the older times is a true reminder of the pioneers that have carved out the trails we follow today.

I wonder in 20-30 or so years will we be thought of as pioneers as well, turning over from 2 strokes to 4 strokes, riding trails that are today and will not be tomorrow. Will we have the stuff our precedents had? 

We think we are at the top of our game today with sleds and trail groomers but in the yester years they thought the same and in 20 yrs from now they'll be thinking the same too.

Will our generation be the next generation of pioneers?

hi jg and nshm !!!

thx !!!

yaaa...pionners of course ...i remember when i was 12-14 y/o going with dad and brothers working on the trail ..grooming with a b-12...operator had to go outside to adjust drag..ahha!!!

then from twin tracks to farm tractors to br !!! whats its going to be grooming in 20 years ??? the equipment etc ???

back in the old days..trails were narrower ...bumpy ...but it was fun !!!

right nshm ...younger people need to get involved....volunteering is big problem for many clubs !!!

jean-guy

aah.jpg

kodas.jpg

43 minutes ago, lindasledgirl said:

What happened to the bunny? Don't reply if it's bad 😭

bonjour linda !!!

ahhahah....the way the rabbit was running ''off the trail '' , i suspect a broken a-arm and suspension !!!

i  lost them between the trees on the left side of the trail...did nt see any damages on the trail on my way back...they crossed the trail as far as you can see the trail on the pic with rear view of the  drag !!!somewhere there !!!

jean-guy

lake casault 2.jpg

unnamed.jpg

51 minutes ago, smclelan said:

Love the old Snow Cruiser with the ski boose picture   That machine right there was what I started sledding on back in 1969. It was as heavy as a D6 and just as fast!!!

hi steven !!!

hahah !!!

pic has been taken almost at the bottom of the hill before esso gas station...the gm dealer was on the left side of the snow cruiser back then!!!

behind last sled on the right...white building ,another gas station !!!

still cold...-27c ...blue sky !!!

jean-guy

sno jet.jpg

ski roule 2.jpg

12 hours ago, Florida Snowman said:

hi tom !!!

very nice !!! great gesture from the guy ....funny when he say...wooo!! wooOOO !!!

thx for sharing !!!

first thing that came to mind...that moose on park matane about 15 years ago .....and 40 miles from my camp !!! i touched the antlers of that moose that night !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0738.jpg

DSC_0740.jpg

Hey Bon Jour Dr. JG!

We're headed out your way this Sunday the 12th!  Maybe we can hook up some Bacon Pizza for dinner in Causapscal?  

We're doing the loop counter-clockwise, to hopefully be in the right places at the right times with this dump coming in!

In the meantime, pics of your winter office, from last week at the hotel du glace!...

IMG_20170130_201621.thumb.jpg.3a857f0e4439978f8407d08d57a96a0b.jpg

IMG_20170130_201558.thumb.jpg.b2ac9c498343f9fa94c82b5ef725ada1.jpg

On 2/9/2017 at 0:26 AM, PLAYHARD said:

Hey Bon Jour Dr. JG!

We're headed out your way this Sunday the 12th!  Maybe we can hook up some Bacon Pizza for dinner in Causapscal?  

We're doing the loop counter-clockwise, to hopefully be in the right places at the right times with this dump coming in!

In the meantime, pics of your winter office, from last week at the hotel du glace!...

IMG_20170130_201621.thumb.jpg.3a857f0e4439978f8407d08d57a96a0b.jpg

IMG_20170130_201558.thumb.jpg.b2ac9c498343f9fa94c82b5ef725ada1.jpg

bonjour playhard  !!!

sorry for the long wait ..saw your post yesterday morning before grooming ...but had no pics to post ...when i came back from my run...with pics...10 mins on computer and  my internet connection turned kaputt !!!! just back from another...fixed things !!!

normally ,should be no problem....but today , windy like crazy !!!...i ll take info at  clubhouse tomorrow...if tq 5 is too rock'n roll ...might go back early sunday morning ....but i ll be back before supper...no problem !!!

all pics from yesterday ....new bridge is ready since yesterday at noon !!!

200' long .......40 t .....220 000.00 $$$

nice pics...some  people have great skills !!!..specially the groomer !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0825.jpg

DSC_0777.jpg

DSC_0742.jpg

DSC_0811.jpg

DSC_0807.jpg

DSC_0765.jpg

DSC_0806.jpg

DSC_0803.jpg

DSC_0782.jpg

DSC_0785.jpg

DSC_0815.jpg

DSC_0818.jpg

DSC_0772.jpg

DSC_0794.jpg

DSC_0767.jpg

DSC_0752.jpg

DSC_0743.jpg

DSC_0787.jpg

DSC_0829.jpg

DSC_0822.jpg

18 hours ago, Trailblazer said:

Salut jejune homme

You got time for some lunch at the clubhouse on Saturday. Neksledr and I will be in passing through 

JG

salut jg !!!

lunch ....around noon ??? no problem !!! i ll pm you my phone number ...or i might be already  at the clubhouse around 11 am !!!

pics...local trails...today !!!

see you tomorrow !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0834.jpg

DSC_0836.jpg

DSC_0847.jpg

DSC_0854.jpg

DSC_0857.jpg

DSC_0860.jpg

DSC_0870.jpg

JG- Great to meet you today! JG and I had an incredible ride today. After our run to New Brunswick today we ran to RDL and ended with 329.4 miles on the odometer. Having dinner with Mikerider right now. Maybe will see you again in March when my wife and I circle the Gaspe!

11 hours ago, neksledr said:

JG- Great to meet you today! JG and I had an incredible ride today. After our run to New Brunswick today we ran to RDL and ended with 329.4 miles on the odometer. Having dinner with Mikerider right now. Maybe will see you again in March when my wife and I circle the Gaspe!

hi terry !!!

great to meet you too yesterday with jg  !!! colder this morning ....-32c at 8 am .....blue sky !!! warming up slowly !!!

let me know if you come back in march !!!

hi stan !!!

pics from last friday on local trails !!

jean-guy

DSC_0843.jpg

DSC_0837.jpg

DSC_0855.jpg

DSC_0878.jpg

On 2/10/2017 at 5:00 PM, groomer said:

bonjour playhard  !!!

sorry for the long wait ..saw your post yesterday morning before grooming ...but had no pics to post ...when i came back from my run...with pics...10 mins on computer and  my internet connection turned kaputt !!!! just back from another...fixed things !!!

normally ,should be no problem....but today , windy like crazy !!!...i ll take info at  clubhouse tomorrow...if tq 5 is too rock'n roll ...might go back early sunday morning ....but i ll be back before supper...no problem !!!

all pics from yesterday ....new bridge is ready since yesterday at noon !!!

200' long .......40 t .....220 000.00 $$$

nice pics...some  people have great skills !!!..specially the groomer !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0825.jpg

DSC_0777.jpg

DSC_0742.jpg

DSC_0811.jpg

DSC_0807.jpg

DSC_0806.jpg

DSC_0803.jpg

DSC_0815.jpg

DSC_0818.jpg

DSC_0822.jpg

JG - thanks for posting the addition of the new bridge. An improvement for sure!

2 hours ago, vt_bluyamaha54 said:

JG - thanks for posting the addition of the new bridge. An improvement for sure!

hi vt blu !!!

bienvenue !!!

yes...for sure !!! when not too cold , ill go back and take better ones !!! the old one was getting '' tired '' !!! 

just for fun ,back in the old days...i found some old pics of all the bridges.....next to gas station where i park groomer....behind church and st fidele cb !!! lots of improvement in the last few years !!!

the pic with the sur-trac and lots of snow at the st fidele ...must be the run i took 20 hrs straight ...including local trail for ste florence ....took a few mins in ste florence to put fuel and go back home ...crazy run !!!!....dec 28 th ....05 !!!!

jean-guy

DSC09169.jpg

DSC09171.jpg

DSC06865.jpg

DSC06862.jpg

DSC06863.jpg

DSC02795.jpg

DSC00833.jpg

DSC01095.jpg

DSC01098.jpg

DSC01728.jpg

DSC01733.jpg

DSC02788.jpg

DSC03015.jpg

DSC03017.jpg

Back at home JG, 1st day at work not too productive, ski doo dreaming. Always a pleasure to meet with you and chat. We'll have to do it again. 

Ride back to RDL and the trucks was incredible and with out a doubt your trails were in prestine shape, the snowmobile community owes a lot to you.

A la prochaine jeune homme

3 hours ago, Trailblazer said:

Back at home JG, 1st day at work not too productive, ski doo dreaming. Always a pleasure to meet with you and chat. We'll have to do it again. 

Ride back to RDL and the trucks was incredible and with out a doubt your trails were in prestine shape, the snowmobile community owes a lot to you.

A la prochaine jeune homme

hi jg !!!

thx !!!

hahha...'' not too productive ''.....your mind was still on the trail ???

glad your had great conditions...

looks like were going to have a storm...sunny earlier this morning ...turning to grey sky !!!

-25c at 8 am.....-16 c now !!!

salut et a la prochane ...thx for stopping !!!

old pics !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0245.jpg

DSC_0239.jpg

JG,  

We saw the 5 going green on the map and knew you were on the job. We had just finished lunch at your clubhouse when you called in reporting that you were done.

Enjoy a nap my friend,     Jeff and Sandy