Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

hi stan...phil...jeff and sandy !!!!

like those night pics when trees are full of snow !!! great mood !!!

little reminder from a friend.....early morning gaspesian traffic jam.....at the bottom of the hill  next to gas station where i park the machine !!!

very quick run...trail was still in good shape....and not much pics...light was very poor ,so , i did nt stop much !!! saw the first sled in ste marguerite on my way back !!!

always call the waitress after every runs ....took a nap ...did nt hurt ...ahha

local trails tomorrow !!!!

had dinner with jeff and sandy last night ...many thx !!!

and mikerider and brandon stopped to say  hello !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0938.jpg

DSC_0949.jpg

DSC_0950.jpg

DSC_0951.jpg

DSC_0954.jpg

DSC_0955.jpg

DSC_0960.jpg

DSC_0962.jpg

DSC_0963.jpg

DSC_0965.jpg

DSC_0967.jpg

DSC_0975.jpg

DSC_0978.jpg

Edited by groomer

hi all !!!

back on tq 5 early this morning ...not too bad !!!

pics with drifts...new clearcut from last march....1 mile before hill with antlers !!!

around -15c when i left ....-2c when i landed home !!!

traffic was medium !!!

snowing lightly right now !!!.....-7c !!!

jean-guy

DSC_1027.jpg

DSC_1040.jpg

DSC_1042.jpg

DSC_1044.jpg

DSC_1052.jpg

DSC_1066.jpg

DSC_1071.jpg

DSC_1112.jpg

DSC_1128.jpg

DSC_1132.jpg

DSC_1142.jpg

DSC_1143.jpg

DSC_1158.jpg

DSC_1159.jpg

DSC_1164.jpg

DSC_1173.jpg

DSC_1198.jpg

DSC_1207.jpg

Will be arriving in the Gaspe next Sat Feb 25 to start our clockwise loop at Mont Joli. Should be passing through your area Thursday Groomer. Looking forward to riding your trails that have seen so many pictures of. This will be my first tour of the Gaspe

2 hours ago, Fuse6 said:

Will be arriving in the Gaspe next Sat Feb 25 to start our clockwise loop at Mont Joli. Should be passing through your area Thursday Groomer. Looking forward to riding your trails that have seen so many pictures of. This will be my first tour of the Gaspe

hi fuse !!!

great !!! big storm on the north side of gaspesie !!! tons and tons of snow !!! 3' + in murdochville....6' in the gaspesie park !!!

if no storm to change the grooming  schedule ,on the thursday ,i ll be on tq 5 early morning !!!

jean-guy

DSC_1097.jpg

DSC_1123.jpg

DSC_1174.jpg

DSC_1176.jpg

3 hours ago, jak said:

Hi Groomer, love your pictures and thanks for the great trails. We are doing the Gaspe 3/1/17, do you think the trails in the park & Murdockville will be ok by then? Thanks

hi jak !!!

merci and bienvenue !!!

i   guess so !!! might  take a few days to fix it....just posted a video on the '' murdochville storm '' thread !!!

jean-guy

DSC_1165.jpg

DSC_1171.jpg

34 minutes ago, Phil 1 said:

Looks great, sitting here not so patiently waiting for the middle of March to get here so we can come ride those beautiful trails.

hi phil !!!

if it hurt too much , i can delete the pics !!! ahaha

great weather for riding ...warm a bit ...but with the wind...perfect !!!

best days for riding are coming !!!

when i came back at gas station...i called the waitress...she told me there was people from havre st pierre at the clubhouse yesterday ...seldom you hear about people coming  from there!!!

pic with river...if you look closely ,there s crows on top of pic...there was a dead deer on the river !!! must be my 5 th one i see dead around town this winter !!!

-11c...still blue sky !!!

jean-guy

DSC_1226.jpg

DSC_1236.jpg

DSC_1244.jpg

DSC_1300.jpg

13 hours ago, groomer said:

hi phil !!!

if it hurt too much , i can delete the pics !!! ahaha

great weather for riding ...warm a bit ...but with the wind...perfect !!!

best days for riding are coming !!!

when i came back at gas station...i called the waitress...she told me there was people from havre st pierre at the clubhouse yesterday ...seldom you hear about people coming  from there!!!

pic with river...if you look closely ,there s crows on top of pic...there was a dead deer on the river !!! must be my 5 th one i see dead around town this winter !!!

-11c...still blue sky !!!

jean-guy

DSC_1226.jpg

DSC_1236.jpg

DSC_1244.jpg

DSC_1300.jpg

Already great pics!!!

Groomer we were planning on doing the loop around the peninsula starting Monday Feb 27 from RDL. Now it looks like rain till Sat and was wondering how things will hold up. Should we start further north? I love your pics and every time I see them I want to load the sleds and head up.

Joe

hi jg !!!

what ??? you don t like it ??? hahhah

great if you come back ....just let me know !!!

hi joe !!!

great thx !!! merci !!!

even if we get a bit of rain...no problem ,we have enough snow to support rain a bit !!! 

cold temps back sunday night according to forecast !!! -2c right now...grey sky !!!

i ll keep posting to let everyone know about conditions !!!

i have a friend right now in the gaspesie....he s all smile right now with trail conditions

old pics !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0214.jpg

DSC_0191.jpg

DSC_0201.jpg

12 hours ago, Trailblazer said:

Delete pics....Hurt too much!!!!..... you're too funny JG

May be come for another visit this year, looking into options for a March ride.

Im Open to March Options ..........2

1 hour ago, Florida Snowman said:

Here's one for you Jean-Guy!

IMG_1995.thumb.PNG.e9ba442cec8d198673b34b660bde2e87.PNG

hi tom !!!

glad you shared the pic !!! you won t believe how that thing work awesome + !!! hahhaha

when not grooming , i keep myself busy to stay in shape ,so i cut  a few trees !!!

i include 2 pics to show you a load  i did last week !!! just work perfect !!!

hahhaha

merci !!!

jean-guy 

DSC01375.jpg

DSC01373.jpg

9 hours ago, smclelan said:

Haha. Did they put that wood out with the Dion forwarder??

hi steven !!!!

aahahahh...no , i used that one instead....whatever the name '' beam ''....'' stick '' on the f-4 dion was too short to go on top of the load !!! haha

-4c right now...sky is grey and dark !!! no rain yet !!!

jean-guy

02 03 14 084.jpg

Hi JG

We are back to a bit cooler here in PA today, 2*c hopefully it is on it's way to you. How bad is it? I imagine roads and parking lots are bare.

Thanks

Phil  

2 hours ago, Phil 1 said:

Hi JG

We are back to a bit cooler here in PA today, 2*c hopefully it is on it's way to you. How bad is it? I imagine roads and parking lots are bare.

Thanks

Phil  

hi phil !!!

back from a drive in the back roads !!! very windy up the hills !!! snowed a bit i guess earlier this morning.....it was raining at 5 am....one of my brothers told me it was raining hard around 2 30 am...

weather is changing ...hope so ...a bit of blue sky ...but not much ...still very grey !!!

it was +3 c at city hall around 11 am......1 mile from my house ....looks like a big difference at home...-4c ....maybe my thermother is closer to ground/ snow !!!

hoping for the best ...need to groom....grooming when too warm...not much interesting to carry a big '' ice cream '' in the drag...not funny !!!

ps: early sunday morning traffic jam just below tq 5 in town !!!....beeep...beeep !!! hahha

jean-guy

DSC_1328.jpg

DSC_1329.jpg

DSC_1330.jpg

DSC_1331.jpg

DSC_1332.jpg

DSC_1333.jpg

DSC_1334.jpg

DSC_1337.jpg

2 hours ago, Pipeman said:

Pics don't look to promising .... thanks for posting as always 

hi pipeman !!!

not that bad !!!looks not too '' promising '' i guess because it looks dirty on the pics !!! im not stressed yet !!!

last 2 pics taken from logging road !!!

snowed a bit late afternoon....windy and colder !!!  -10c !!!

old pic from the faribault camp on 595 ...coming back from mt logan ...mid april for sure !!!...year..??? 91-92 ???

jean-guy

DSC_0008.jpg