Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

11 minutes ago, Pipeman said:

Thanks for the optimistic response I greatly appreciate it ! Living 14 hours south of you can be concerning  when we are wondering if it's worth making the trip. ☃️

We are headed North no matter the conditions...

mud sled.jpg

55 minutes ago, Pipeman said:

Thanks for the optimistic response I greatly appreciate it ! Living 14 hours south of you can be concerning  when we are wondering if it's worth making the trip. ☃️

absolutely right !!!

.......too much imagination phil !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0001.jpg

587 was nice today for the most part. The orange shortcut trail by Mann Settlement we were first tracks since it was groomed and it froze so hard it was like riding on glare ice. Glad I had good carbides cause it was smooth and you could hook up well!

16903162_10208206572425300_6968688746844

23 hours ago, Phil 1 said:

We are headed North no matter the conditions...

mud sled.jpg

Good thing they had mountain bars for those conditions...  If there weren't fresh tracks in the mud I would have guessed the sleds were left all winter after being taken by the Gaspie Sasquatch...

well ...don t know what i did to '' snow gods '' lately ...but luck and timing are nt with me !!!

when i left this afternoon ....i had a strange feeling ...

i was going down long hill before st fidele cb .....the corner about half a mile lower than tree stand on right side...i was going down on left side...then suddently a strange noise...went to check the sprocket ...saw nothing ...when i went back inside the cab.....saw the track...one of the hinge was broken ..split in 2 if i can say that.....went back slowly backward to turnaround just below tree stand...

then back slowly toward ste marguerite...i stopped about 1 mile after long hill with antler...on top of the other one to make a phone call...when i started grooming again..made about 200' .....plouk !!!! lost the other hinge !!!

help landed at 11 30 pm...

trail was a disaster...what a shi??y run !!!....just lucky it was nt - 20 c !!! 

ya jg !!! faribault and the mechoui ...last time i went there...april 22 th 00

ride up mt logan..no news from him !!!

great shot !!! the mainer !!!

jean-guy

DSC_1338.jpg

DSC_1339.jpg

DSC_1341.jpg

DSC_1343.jpg

DSC_1345.jpg

DSC_1346.jpg

DSC_1348.jpg

DSC_1350.jpg

DSC_1351.jpg

DSC_1352.jpg

Glad you didn't have to walk to far in real cold weather Jean -Guy.  It looks like it could be a relatively easy fix compared to some things that can happen to your machine. Looks like the joiner pins came out that clamp the tracks together. They will have you up and going in no time I bet. 

hi all !!!

just called the '' toubib '' .......should be ready around noon !!!

yaaa...should easy to fix ,unless we find something else !!!

not as fast as those f-1 teams for pit stop !!!

i was on my way to walk to ste marguerite...walked about a 1/4 mile....no way...i thought, im going to be dead climbing long hill before windmills !!!

-12c around midnight ...blue sky right now....-5c....

ill be ready for a drink of course...even if i must go with the machine ...ahahaha !!!

jean-guy

track.jpg

track 2.jpg

back in business around 5 30 pm...just before darkness...

went backward about 1 mile...turned around just before antlers at bottom of long hill

went back to st fidele cb...

back home at 11 pm

-5c at  city hall !!!

jean-guy

DSC_1367.jpg

DSC_1370.jpg

DSC_1375.jpg

DSC_1377.jpg

DSC_1379.jpg

Lucky Lindasledgirl is coming this weekend...:can you please lay this gently on the trails 😜

IMG_3925.PNG

3 hours ago, lindasledgirl said:

Lucky Lindasledgirl is coming this weekend...:can you please lay this gently on the trails 😜

IMG_3925.PNG

bonjour linda !!!

oui !!! pas de problemes !!!

started snowing  very lightly about 20 mins ago !!! -5c right now !!!

see you next weekend !!!

btw...i noticed that you checked the forecast at 4 50 am...wake up late in s-w ontario....at that in the gaspesie...half of our day is gone !!!

bye !!!!...ahahhaha

jean-guy

DSC_0005.jpg

4 hours ago, lindasledgirl said:

IMG_3925.PNG

Enjoy your trip , give the Groomer a big hug n kiss from me lol and i am as i write this making a little envelope that says Kosap on it. In this envelope i will be saving $$ for a trip next yr to that area . You may have to pick me up on the Trans Canada ....right where the 401/20 join at the Timmies lol in Riviere Beaudette . Red Yamaha Vector keep an eye out for me

Haha...I think there is a picture somewhere of when I tried to give him a hug at the Clubhouse the first time I met him (Jean-guy is able to remember the date) but years ago now....its not easy! I will try again this time, he says I am bossy...so I will try that. 

I will pick you up anytime...I think we would have a lot of fun! 

6 hours ago, mustang00 said:

Enjoy your trip , give the Groomer a big hug n kiss from me lol and i am as i write this making a little envelope that says Kosap on it. In this envelope i will be saving $$ for a trip next yr to that area . You may have to pick me up on the Trans Canada ....right where the 401/20 join at the Timmies lol in Riviere Beaudette . Red Yamaha Vector keep an eye out for me

bonjour carol-ann !!!

im spoiled today !!!.... hahha both of you are going to make me blush !!! ahhaha...you should see me laughing !!!

great idea to save a few $$$ to come here !!! if you need info ...don t be shy to ask !!!

few pics from an hr ago !!

snowing but warm...-3c ...waiting to be colder to groom local trails!!!

it was march 16 th when you brought your sunshine from ontario in the gaspesie linda and made my trails melting like crazy....hahaaha !!!!

jean-guy

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_1386.jpg

37 minutes ago, groomer said:

bonjour carol-ann !!!

im spoiled today !!!.... hahha both of you are going to make me blush !!! ahhaha...you should see me laughing !!!

great idea to save a few $$$ to come here !!! if you need info ...don t be shy to ask !!!

few pics from an hr ago !!

snowing but warm...-3c ...waiting to be colder to groom local trails!!!

it was march 16 th when you brought your sunshine from ontario in the gaspesie linda and made my trails melting like crazy....hahaaha !!!!

jean-guy

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_1386.jpg

These photos from an hour ago look very promising, see you Sunday!

1 hour ago, mcstar said:

These photos from an hour ago look very promising, see you Sunday!

hi mcstar !!!

that fresh snow will be welcome !!!

it ll give me a more '' suspension '' on the trail....was tired to groom very hard trails...

last night between shortcut for albertville and gas station...few spots ....it was like i was on the railroad...trail was so hard , it was time to arrive home !!!

must be around 5 '' now...still snowing 

moose.....friends of mine in ste marguerite did that a few days ago !!! great skills !!! 

jean-guy

moose ste.jpg