Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

Linda, JG, how's the snow holding up? trying to get 1 last ride in but can't make it up there until early next week.... looks like a lot of moisture in the next week hoping the off trail in hills will hold up to it.

Lots and lots of snow. Last two days of sunshine and warm temps were damaging. Today it snowed 4-5" of nice snow. Next two days forecast lots of rain. So check in with Jean Guy on Monday. 

He's just thawing out now lol

IMG_5200.PNG

ahhaha ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

another great day riding with friends from ontario !!! snowing heavy at times !!!

rode a bit on tq 5 and mostly on local trails !!!

great to  meet you gowser and scott !!! thx again for the beverage !!!

it was +1 c at the city hall at 10hrs 30 pm

jean-guy

DSC_4487.jpg

DSC_4488.jpg

DSC_4504.jpg

DSC_4506.jpg

DSC_4508.jpg

DSC_4509.jpg

DSC_4516.jpg

DSC_4519.jpg

DSC_4523.jpg

DSC_4527.jpg

DSC_4530.jpg

DSC_4533.jpg

DSC_4535.jpg

DSC_4545.jpg

DSC_4547.jpg

DSC_4554.jpg

DSC_4558.jpg

DSC_4564.jpg

DSC_4576.jpg

DSC_4579.jpg

DSC_4586.jpg

DSC_4591.jpg

DSC_4597.jpg

DSC_4605.jpg

DSC_4610.jpg

DSC_4614.jpg

DSC_4621.jpg

DSC_4622.jpg

DSC_4637.jpg

Ride we did...

Pulled into the Selecotel just before noon. Gear on out the door shortly thereafter. Head staright to the Albertville Cludhouse and low and behold there sits the legend himself along with Linda sled girl and her hubby. Formal introductions all around. Obligatory order of wings served in snowmobile...you know your in snowmobile country when😳

Wings and a bev and off we go

Iceman is in my ear....stay on 5 stay 5....587 its then!

Jean-guy says 150 mile loop

587 to 5 near pointe a la croix and rip her back to Amqui. Leaving a bit late but whats a buck fiffty... we'll clip that off in no time RIGHT.

Just before we leave Linda sled asks JG if there are any more local maps as she says we should take one. They are OUT ...no problem we'll run off our phones.

Conditions great....

587 is a ripper. Smiling like a madman...what 10 hour drive to get to Amqui.

Blast off about 50 miles and its time for a trail bevie.

Beautiful spot along the river at a t junction. Don't do it...looks like a shortcut. No no no. Well we did start late...

Short cut it is....iceman is screaming now 5 you idiot 5

ya ya braaap

Lets just say we saw some country we'll never see again. Bad decisions and poor signage aside did we get twisted up.... like my ear buds when I pull them out of the gym bag twisted up. 

Left right est quest tabarnak it has to be this way. What does the phone say?

Into Valley of hell... best signs on the trail River Rain bistro / hotel.

What ... the joints closed. Now where? Hey there's a sign on the ground. Phone sayz sign sayz wait  this doesnt make sense. Alright u turn. Back towards the sign for Pointe a la Croix. Colice its 7pm when we finally hook up with the 5. Bar time.... ya Iceman i know i know.

Yes linda we should have had the poutine with the wings 😡

We fly to Capuscal.... weatherman says, hey lets throw some freezing drizzle at the lads. Mondzi .. we're running on fumes here sled gods. Too bad for you....stay on 5

ya ya...into Albertville past the darkened clubhouse... good thing might of had a sleepover. Ok we can make it from here.

Finally roll in at 9pm

Turned 150 into 180 and change but hell we're riding.

Wingman alredy expressing the importance of staying on 5 today

ya ya 😳

IMG_1803.JPG

HI JG... I like how you have been pulling top notch sleds out of thin air this season...Good for you glad to see you riding...I liked the FB video of you showing Linda how "Halle Towing" properly removes a stuck sled.

Gowser I loved this story!!! Makes me laugh. 

Phil....never forget please that I negotiate for a living and I am Halle Family 😃

Next season...better come on the best ride of the season...Jean-Guy and Linda's Spring Break! Lol

1 hour ago, lindasledgirl said:

Gowser I loved this story!!! Makes me laugh. 

Phil....never forget please that I negotiate for a living and I am Halle Family 😃

Next season...better come on the best ride of the season...Jean-Guy and Linda's Spring Break! Lol

You were there right before me and right after me this year we will coordinate better next year. 

Enjoy Valin saw it snowing there yesterday. ❄️❄️❄️

It was a good winter for me. But my favourite is riding off trail with Jean-Guy. It's very relaxed and fun. No pressure. Gaspesie style. 

We will co-ordinate better next year. 

3 hours ago, Phil 1 said:

HI JG... I like how you have been pulling top notch sleds out of thin air this season...Good for you glad to see you riding...I liked the FB video of you showing Linda how "Halle Towing" properly removes a stuck sled.

hi phil !!!

great to put a few miles....first season i ride since the last 2 .......yaaa...funny that little video ...you don t see it much ...but probably at least 3' of snow under the sled!!!

she did the right thing ...she stopped before '' sinking '' the sled !!!

jean-guy

stuck linda.jpg

41 minutes ago, neksledr said:

Is that my buddy JG?

hi terry !!!

i guess so !!! down the hill on the exit for auberge....next to the house on the right !!!

just checked by the window....very -very light rain !!!...-1c !!!

jean-guy

falllllssss!!!!!! 177.jpg

Universal tonight

Ces't fini

Too tired err full to fill in today

Tres bon feed at Levesque

No sexy bomb but highly recommend Valley Over the Moon Cab and how about that Maple Sorbet dessert .... holy hanna so good but so bad.

Dyslexia, beer, red vino, B52 cafe, bacardi coke, blurred vision, non responsive fingers and final call 

Ces't tout pour ce soir.

Bon nuit🍻

IMG_1837.JPG

7 hours ago, gowser said:

Universal tonight

Ces't fini

Too tired err full to fill in today

Tres bon feed at Levesque

No sexy bomb but highly recommend Valley Over the Moon Cab and how about that Maple Sorbet dessert .... holy hanna so good but so bad.

Dyslexia, beer, red vino, B52 cafe, bacardi coke, blurred vision, non responsive fingers and final call 

Ces't tout pour ce soir.

Bon nuit🍻

IMG_1837.JPG

hi gowser !!!

looks like the end for me too !!! rained last night ...still grey sky this morning !!...-2c !!!

i guess , ill bring the groomer very soon in albertville !!!

great pleasure again to meet you again at the clubhouse !!!

pics from april 10 th ....2016 !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0058.jpg

DSC_0104.jpg

DSC_0120.jpg

1 hour ago, gowser said:

We will see you next year for sure.

Not only to see you but as Linda said, we have to have a club avec poutine.

Gowser

hhaha...sure !!! no problem !!!

jean-guy

DSC_4715.jpg

DSC_4717.jpg