Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

hi all !!!

a bit of volunteering in town this afternoon !!!

...and the river downtown at the '' forks '' in front of the auberge !!!

some guys were still riding between albertville and l ascension ...st alexis area 2 days ago !!!

jean-guy

DSC_5327.jpg

DSC_5332.jpg

DSC_5325.jpg

DSC_5329.jpg

DSC_5334.jpg

DSC_5372.jpg

DSC_5359.jpg

DSC_5345.jpg

DSC_5323.jpg

DSC_5324.jpg

DSC_5357.jpg

DSC_5342.jpg

DSC_5354.jpg

DSC_5364.jpg

DSC_5368.jpg

DSC_5322.jpg

DSC_5370.jpg

DSC_5340.jpg

DSC_5373.jpg

forgot ....

saw on the net ,pq prime minister is going to give at least  3 million $$$ to fix things in percé !!!

so , in the future ,you ll be able to use the dock again for winter pics.....don t forget your swimsuit !!! ahaha

jean-guy

petards-1 sept 383.jpg

2 hours ago, artsled said:

Hi JG black flies soon!!!

hi artsled !!!

hahha...i don t mind...im use to that !!! not before second or third week of june !!!

not much sunshine today !!!

pics from may 12 th ....2016 ...road for my camp !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0051.jpg

DSC_0092.jpg

Grommer is that logging truck just passing or holding down the bridge. Reason I ask my dad use to back a dump truck out on a dock here on the St, Lawerence River

to hold the dock down from high water. Also they use to put dump trucks on the Thousand Is. Bridge, Rt. 81, during high winds. It does look bad for that brown building tho. 

The river front in Clayton NY all the buildings along the water have water in their basements too. They say it is going to rise another 9 to 12 inches here. Only floating docks are  use able here. High water now is what was normal  when I was young at this time of year. Amazing what mother nature can do. 

5 hours ago, Shore1066 said:

Grommer is that logging truck just passing or holding down the bridge. Reason I ask my dad use to back a dump truck out on a dock here on the St, Lawerence River

to hold the dock down from high water. Also they use to put dump trucks on the Thousand Is. Bridge, Rt. 81, during high winds. It does look bad for that brown building tho. 

The river front in Clayton NY all the buildings along the water have water in their basements too. They say it is going to rise another 9 to 12 inches here. Only floating docks are  use able here. High water now is what was normal  when I was young at this time of year. Amazing what mother nature can do. 

hi shore1066 !!!

great thinking ...but just passing !!! there s a street on the other side of bridge i use that street with the  groomer to connect with bridge behind church....river damaged that street ....

brown building ...there s a cement wall about  4.5' high...water jumped over the wall around 10 am....just passed there...water is a lot lower now....by a foot maybe !!!

in matapedia ,about 35 miles east from here ....when ice come down restigouche and matapedia river .....and it s too rock'n roll .....cn ....railroad...they put loaded wagons with rocks to save the bridge there ...just in case !!!

i was on my way to go to st fidele cb this afternoon , on tq 5 ...did nt go too far ....still too much snow ....outside ste marguerite !!!

bridge on this post ...on the trail for the lake.....water was touching bridge earlier today !!!

and yes...mother nature can be bad ....

jean-guy

DSC_5616.jpg

DSC_5620.jpg

DSC_5623.jpg

DSC_5624.jpg

DSC_5632.jpg

DSC_5633.jpg

DSC_5636.jpg

DSC_5637.jpg

DSC_5639.jpg

DSC_5640.jpg

DSC_5641.jpg

DSC_5643.jpg

DSC_5645.jpg

DSC_5649.jpg

DSC_5651.jpg

DSC_5653.jpg

DSC_5655.jpg

DSC_5654.jpg

DSC_5656.jpg

DSC_5660.jpg

DSC_5662.jpg

2 hours ago, artsled said:

Maybe need some new bridges there soon!,

hi artsled !!!

hmmmm...maybe !!! covered bridge has been fixed a few years ago...the one for the lake is nt old ....

the one in town might need a few plasters !!!

the street along river...i use that street to connect with new bridge behind church on tq 5 !!!

jean-guy

mutu 1.jpg

mutu 2.jpg

mutu 3.jpg

mutu 4.jpg

mutu 5.jpg

mutu 6.jpg

23 hours ago, Shore1066 said:

How is the antique boat museum fairing? Seems to me from memory that whole complex is low especially their work shop. 

They have a lot of floating docks. The main facility was originally a lumber yard . Otis Brooks lumber .  Back years ago they experienced high water every year so they built the buildings high enough so they didn't get flooded . Not sure about the new buildings. Most docks are under water. A lot of people are in for a big surprise when they get here. The marinas are not putting boats in the water because they have no place to tie them up. It's pretty bad. 

19 hours ago, Shore1066 said:

They have a lot of floating docks. The main facility was originally a lumber yard . Otis Brooks lumber .  Back years ago they experienced high water every year so they built the buildings high enough so they didn't get flooded . Not sure about the new buildings. Most docks are under water. A lot of people are in for a big surprise when they get here. The marinas are not putting boats in the water because they have no place to tie them up. It's pretty bad. 

Hey Shore,

we are up there every summer and we will be in Clayton for the Charity poker run in July.  If you are around come down to the docks and say hi.  I haven't been to the boat museum in years but loved it.  I plan on checking it out again this summer. We will be coming into Clayton July 12th until the 16th.  

On 5/10/2017 at 10:35 AM, Triggerhappy said:

Hey Shore,

we are up there every summer and we will be in Clayton for the Charity poker run in July.  If you are around come down to the docks and say hi.  I haven't been to the boat museum in years but loved it.  I plan on checking it out again this summer. We will be coming into Clayton July 12th until the 16th.  

hey Trigger. 

That sound good. Where are you staying. Maybe  meet at the hotel. Water as I said is high. Keep in touch  in case you need a place to tie up at nite. I have a few places and a few friends with floating docks that would be save. I am going to be out of town the week before but back before that week of the poker run. Nothing else we can talk about riding a snowmobile. LOL. 

have a good day.

hi all !!!

getting closer to camp ...turned around 6 miles from camp !!! lots of work coming ...many alders hanging over the road...2-3 days...i should be ok !!!

winter has rough for some !!! hahaha

2 moose !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0011 (1).jpg

DSC_5803.jpg

DSC_5806.jpg

DSC_5807.jpg

DSC_5813.jpg

DSC_5816.jpg

DSC_5817.jpg

DSC_5819.jpg

DSC_5825.jpg

DSC_5828.jpg

DSC_5829.jpg

DSC_5834.jpg

DSC_5836.jpg

DSC_5841.jpg

DSC_5842.jpg

19 hours ago, Shore1066 said:

hey Trigger. 

That sound good. Where are you staying. Maybe  meet at the hotel. Water as I said is high. Keep in touch  in case you need a place to tie up at nite. I have a few places and a few friends with floating docks that would be save. I am going to be out of town the week before but back before that week of the poker run. Nothing else we can talk about riding a snowmobile. LOL. 

have a good day.

Our boats are staying right at the big new town docks right next to the hotel.  We have a large group coming from the Sacandaga area.  Will be there for 5 days. I will contact you when it gets closer.  Thanks.

Chris